OT: Pep Hamilton fired

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
So now that Chudzinski is OC the Colts are gonna go to the SB??? The firing was a knee-jerk / scapegoat reaction. Pep has had a lotta success with Luck going back to Stanford. Now he's the reason the Colts are losing? Really?

Yep. The guy is a loser

Yep loser.....wasn't like Pep had the top scoring "O" last year or was top 8 in points scored. It wasn't like he had the #1 "O" in yards per game and Td's last year

:turrible: 2014 1) Indianapolis Colts g16 points 28.6 total pts. 458 :yep:

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
It's funny how he was considered a head coaching candidate a year ago. Since he's only 41, he's still a young coach and could be a NFL coordinator again in the future.

Liked Posts:
Yeah. People definitely said that. People also said Cutler got Mike Martz fired.... while on the IR.

There's always a few idiots that visit these boards with asinine input, but most people I've heard on here, & CBMB, including myself, believe that Cutler played his best football under Martz. Cutler was actually starting to play with better mechnics, while making fewer mistakes, & as soon as Martz left he started to revert. To this day I wish that the Bears F.O. had just kept Martz around, fixed the O-line, & acquired a true# 1 WR. Rather than go through the 4 year clusterfuck that has lead to what the Bears are currently going through. I'd love to see where that 2011 team would have ended up had Cutler & Forte been able to stay healthy.

jc456

Liked Posts:
being that most of last year there wasn't much of a pocket, if there was one, moving out of it was most probably the smart play. The problem with the oline last year is no one knew what a block really was. For me it was the holding penalty with the sack, like you're not even good enough to hold and avoid your guy getting to cutler. Yes it was one fantastic party in the back field for the Bears last year.

jc456

Liked Posts:
There's always a few idiots that visit these boards with asinine input, but most people I've heard on here, & CBMB, including myself, believe that Cutler played his best football under Martz. Cutler was actually starting to play with better mechnics, while making fewer mistakes, & as soon as Martz left he started to revert. To this day I wish that the Bears F.O. had just kept Martz around, fixed the O-line, & acquired a true# 1 WR. Rather than go through the 4 year clusterfuck that has lead to what the Bears are currently going through. I'd love to see where that 2011 team would have ended up had Cutler & Forte been able to stay healthy.
well, like someone already pointed out, Martz retired, the Bears couldn't keep Martz because he was done.

In other words, don't act like the Bears didn't want him. Like, damn, we let him get away. Nope Martz left.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Don't forget Knox too. And if Marion Barber & Roy Williams were never signed.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
well, like someone already pointed out, Martz retired, the Bears couldn't keep Martz because he was done.

In other words, don't act like the Bears didn't want him. Like, damn, we let him get away. Nope Martz left.

It was a mutal parted ways deal which was entirely just the same as a fired. He didn't want to stay without a new more than 1 year deal and they didn't want to push to keep him after the backup QB issue and Cutler getting so abused by defenses.

People complain about giving into Martz with the trading of Olsen year 2, though it was pretty good for Cutler despite supposedly bad additions added. Though if JA gave into Martz sooner, he would of paid McCown 1 Mil to be the backup QB in 2010 instead of having to scramble for Collins when Hanie was hurt in preseason.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bottom line, Pep was never anything special and I don't remember anyone being upset over his leaving

Leaving, no. But last year when he was a perspective HC candidate, people suddenly missed him and blamed his departure on Cutler. For what it's worth, I believe it was mostly the Lovie nuthuggers.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Martz left the same way Rivera left.