OT: Raiola/Lions

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Lost in the post game aftermath - the cheap shot by Raoila and the helmet to helmet hit by Ansah.

It's one thing to do the 'eject him' emotional thing, but there are rules that need to be looked at first.

What does the rule book say about the Ansah hit? He CLEARLY led with his helmet on a sliding QB. If there was ever a case for an ejection, that was it.

The Raiola play is just off the charts. The guy has a history of being a complete shitbag and this is no exception. So much for the Lions cleaning up their act post Schwartz.

The Lions will play the biggest game of their history next week. They will play at Lambeau against a QB who simply does not lose at home. As much as I don't want the Packers to win yet another division title, both Raiola and Ansah should be suspending for that game. Frankly, Raiola should get a 3-4 game suspension for his act based on his history.

The area that bothered me the most? The fact that no Bears player 'retaliated'. It's a lost 5-9 (at the time) season. I'm not a meatball and don't live by the meatball creed, but someone needed to light Raiola the fuck up. Get a 15 yarder. Who cares?

Even worse, the sad FA signing of the Bears (Allen) was playing giggly grab ass with Raiola as they got into the victory formation. Ferguson is on a rookie contract and probably can't stomach a big fine. Howzabout the big money guy who (Allen) lights up Raiola a bit and takes the fine hit?

I wish Daniel Carcillo was in a Bears uniform yesterday. :)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I do. I think this is a very valid post indeed.

What did you think about all of the other threads and posts about this topic that must have been lost to the search feature on this board?

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Worse than Raiola's cheap shot, was Jared Allen's grab assing with him and patting him on the back after the game. Send this shitback back to wherever he came.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one hardly mentioned it.

:-v

Five Things We Learned

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4696599/five-things-we-learned-lions-20-bears-14

Five things we learned: Lions 20, Bears 14

CHICAGO -- Here are five things we learned in the Chicago Bears' 20-14 loss to the Detroit Lions:

1. Marc Trestman needs to be fired, immediately: Trestman needs to be stripped of his control over the 46-man active game-day roster for the decision to keep Jay Cutler active on Sunday. Under no circumstances can the Bears expose Cutler to unnecessary injury in the final two weeks, even if the eventual offseason plan calls for the organization to keep Cutler in 2015. Cutler’s season is finished. It’s over. He has completely checked out. He’s done with Trestman and offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer. Accept it, and move on. Let’s say the Bears ultimately decide Cutler gives them the best shot to win next year. The last thing the organization wants is for Cutler to be pressed into relief duty versus Detroit or Minnesota, likely unprepared, and suffer an injury that affects his availability for the (presumably) new head coach's offseason program or, even worse, triggers the injury-protection clause in Cutler’s contract. Most potential head-coaching candidates (save Mike Shanahan) will be leery of working with Cutler, even if he’s healthy. A beat-up Cutler only makes the sales job that much harder for the Bears organization in coming months. Now, let’s say the Bears plan to shop Cutler around to other teams. The very idea of Cutler serving as the No. 2 in two meaningless games, in that scenario, is pure madness. Let me repeat: pure madness. I understand Trestman wants to win another game. His credibility and reputation are under attack. But the future of the franchise is far more important. Whether Bears fans want to admit it or not, Cutler is an extremely important piece of the puzzle moving forward, trade or no trade. Subjecting him to further risk is foolish. Let Joe DeCamillis coach the season finale in Minnesota. Trestman is worried about his own interests, not the organization's. When that happens, it’s time for change, even if one is already scheduled to occur Dec. 29.

2. Jimmy Clausen is a legitimate No. 2: Clausen belongs in the NFL next year in a reserve role. Congratulations. Clausen played OK: 23-of-39 for 181 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Some wondered if Clausen even deserved to be in the league. He does. Clausen clearly took his role seriously and put in the necessary work to learn the offense, without the benefit of practice snaps, over the past five or six months. Clausen might struggle next week versus a scrappy Minnesota Vikings team, but decent No. 2 quarterbacks are difficult to find. Clausen is decent. He should have no trouble finding work in the offseason, either in Chicago or someplace else.

3. Keep Jeremiah Ratliff: Whatever defense the Bears run in 2015 needs to include Ratliff, who is under contract through next year. Ratliff is a leader. He also happens to be the best player on defense. Ratliff is intimidating. The veteran defensive tackle does an excellent job holding teammates accountable. The only issue is durability. The Bears need Ratliff to stay healthy for all 16 games next season, because if he does, Ratliff remains capable of playing at a Pro Bowl level. He might be the most underrated player on the team.

4. Suspend Dominic Raiola: Raiola is a cheap-shot artist. Stomping on the back foot of a prone and unsuspecting Ego Ferguson was a pure amateur-hour move. Raiola has the reputation of a dirty player. He is not a first-time offender but tends to fly under the radar due to the highly publicized behavior of teammate Ndamukong Suh. Two games would be an appropriate punishment for Raiola. Force him to miss the first round of the playoffs. Ferguson said it best: “We all saw the play. You can’t take back what happened with that play. I don’t have to explain that.” The NFL should act swiftly. A 14-year veteran ought to know better.

5. When did Detroit rehire Jim Schwartz? The Lions got lucky Sunday. Detroit self-destructed on several instances and played undisciplined football. Lions fans were accustomed to that style of play under ex-head coach Jim Schwartz, but not Jim Caldwell. Detroit better clean it up. Otherwise their postseason run will be a brief one.

Jeff Dickerson

Sorry guys, I guess you are right. It wasn't in the top three things in this article...

Last edited:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worse than Raiola's cheap shot, was Jared Allen's grab assing with him and patting him on the back after the game. Send this shitback back to wherever he came.

I didnt care for that either..The only thing I can think of was that Allen didnt see it when it happened, and he didnt have the advantage of the replays like we did..I hope he feels different today

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Not related to the Bears game, but why was Kenny Albert wearing a sweater with a snowman dick on it yesterday?
B5Z218OIcAEaX2H.jpg

cbfan

Liked Posts:
They will play the biggest game in their history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were replaying Raiola's shitbaggery every time a new audience joined.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
The Ansah hit was incidental contact. I'm sure he'll get fined but don't think a suspension is in order.
Raiola on the other hand was malicious with intent. His stomp was worse than Suh's and almost as bad as Fat Alberts. He could have caused serious injury to Ego, and is lucky he didn't. Nobody is defending Raiola, not even lions fans.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ravioli is not suspended at least one game the NFL has some 'splainin to do.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
This was discussed here at leanth post game. I think it's more fuckery from the fatbaby guy