Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Genius move by both teams.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It actually makes sense on both sides. Fielder is worth more money, but Kinsler is also an injury risk. Now, Detroit can put VMart in the Dh, Cabrera at first, Kinsler at second and I would guess Castellanos at third.

Rangers can now move Moreland to left and put Profar at second. It actually shapes both teams up with Vets and very good young prospects/players

Yeah it makes sense but strange to pull the ejection seat so quick on Fielder. Supposedly detroit is also throwing in $30 mil. I'm not really sure how I feel about who "won." I would say texas but they are still on the hook for 7 years $138 mil which boils down to nearly $20 mil a year and fewer of the "good" years left when the contract was originally signed. Fron detroit's standpoint, if they wanted to get out from under that contract this is a pretty good move for them especially with it allowing Miggy to go back to 1B.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Det needed to move payroll to retain some players going forward. Plus move for. Both teams. Both should still be play off teams after the deal.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it makes sense but strange to pull the ejection seat so quick on Fielder. Supposedly detroit is also throwing in $30 mil. I'm not really sure how I feel about who "won." I would say texas but they are still on the hook for 7 years $138 mil which boils down to nearly $20 mil a year and fewer of the "good" years left when the contract was originally signed. Fron detroit's standpoint, if they wanted to get out from under that contract this is a pretty good move for them especially with it allowing Miggy to go back to 1B.

I would suspect Scherzer is off the trading block now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not to mention Cabrara's deal is up in 2015. Moving Fielder freed up 76 mil going forward. You would have to expect that keeping payroll flex able will be a priority with that in mind.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of reasoning behind it for both teams and well thought out. Great trade!

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i personally think Kinsler going to SUCK outside of TEX. Look at his home and road splits its crazy different. I think Fielder going to be a beast in TEX. TEX did amazing job to get Fielder + 30 mil for a guy they wanted to trade to open spot for Prufar