OT: Richard Sherman arrested and denied bail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I just checked the news and found out that today BLM put out an official statement in support of the Cuban government. LOL.

“Progressive politics is so screwed up right now that an organization ostensibly committed to ‘defunding the police’ comes out in support of a police state that’s oppressing a majority black population,” journalist James Bloodworth tweeted.

I don't know who James Bloodworth is but he's right on

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just checked the news and found out that today BLM put out an official statement in support of the Cuban government. LOL.

“Progressive politics is so screwed up right now that an organization ostensibly committed to ‘defunding the police’ comes out in support of a police state that’s oppressing a majority black population,” journalist James Bloodworth tweeted.

I don't know who James Bloodworth is but he's right on
Pretty sure it was established a while back there is a difference in actually caring about black people while saying Black Lives Matter and the actual organization but carry on. Btw who are these black scholars you listen too? I await your google search

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it was established a while back there is a difference in actually caring about black people while saying Black Lives Matter and the actual organization but carry on. Btw who are these black scholars you listen too? I await your google search
I'd bet all my ccs rep points it ain't Dr. Cornell West.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

Well established...? you guys are all over the place on this BLM thing. Anyone who questions this group is auto-suspect in the eyes of many here.

But it's pretty clear at this point BLM is a Marxist org, they care about Marxism first and black people only to the extent they can use black problems and suffering to push their real agenda, which is Marxism.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well established...? you guys are all over the place on this BLM thing. Anyone who questions this group is auto-suspect in the eyes of many here.

But it's pretty clear at this point BLM is a Marxist org, they care about Marxism first and black people only to the extent they can use black problems and suffering to push their real agenda, which is Marxism.

And Elon Musk wants to put the internet inside people's brains and download consciousness but we still let him build them cars...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
My bad my dude, I thought you said you talk to black folks about this stuff. Sorry to put that on you.

Yeah I do that too. I talked to one colleague who told me he has a concealed carry license because statistically he knows he's more likely to be killed by a fellow black man than by the police.

Based

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Cornel West has some interesting takes. Thomas Sowell is incredible in his research into economic systems. He studied under Milton Friedman. It’s important to study takes from a whole group of people with different opinions on issues.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Cornel West has some interesting takes. Thomas Sowell is incredible in his research into economic systems. He studied under Milton Friedman. It’s important to study takes from a whole group of people with different opinions on issues.

Dr. Thomas Sowell is my go-to.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Actually, if you want a real well- done analysis on economic stuff, check out a multi-part series done by Friedman called “Free to Choose.”

It has multiple parts, addressing things like unions, subsidies, education, taxation, etc. It’s a round table discussion with experts from all across the spectrum giving their takes on it. Reasoned, respectful and really informative, regardless of where you come down on those things.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I can care less about you questioning the organization of BLM, that’s not who I support either. As a black guy I support the concept that black lives are as equal as anybody else’s. You want to lump that in with the organization and when questioned about your lessons from black scholars you didn’t name one until someone else did

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm sorry I wasn't quick enough with my name-dropping, I'll be faster on the draw next time

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm sorry I wasn't quick enough with my name-dropping, I'll be faster on the draw next time
Have google up in your next tab for better results

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You calling me a liar?
Absolutely I’ve heard all this before. Also tell your black colleagues that he is more likely to be harassed because of that concealed weapon

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Absolutely I’ve heard all this before. Also tell your black colleagues that he is more likely to be harassed because of that concealed weapon

I will, I'll tell him that his lived experience is wrong and some guy on a Bears forum with a Stephen A. Icon is calling him out.

Wtf @ accusing me of being a liar

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are Republicans in Chicago? But really, come on man. I spend some time with those programs also. Chi, Detroit, Philly, Baltimore, St Louis, LA, ATL, etc are places where the outrageous murder rates happen at an alarming degree. The levers of power, from the school board up to the mayor, are completely controlled by one political machine. That is just a fact of reality and there isnt really a way to get around it.

People give possible solutions all the time, but they have no power in those cities.

Look, no party has a monopoly on good ideas or corruption. Cities where repubs are entrenched deal with corruption and problems also. I’ve lived in both dem and repub cities, and in the republican ones where there are programs designed to help people-you know who I rarely saw? Democrats. But that doesn’t mean they don’t care about these issues.

Perhaps, it’s those entrenched policies that have been around for decades that may play a part in all this.

I was referring to the Federal government. What is the GOP platform on this? Please link to it.

As for the state level, I lived in Kansas City which had a high murder rate and aggravated assault rate. You know who has the highest murder rate and is top 5 for assault? St Louis. That is 2 cities in the heart of Republican Country. Alaska and New Orleans had the highest rape rates. Both in Republican states.

You havent actually adjusted for population. Per capita both Dem and Rep states have high crime rates. Dems just control a lot of the high population cities but really no clear evidence Republicans are any better managing violent crime.

I debate this all the time on conservative forums. I know the data so you going to have to come with more than just right wing talking points. Do some research and get back to me with real data to support your assertions.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will, I'll tell him that his lived experience is wrong and some guy on a Bears forum with a Stephen A. Icon is calling him out.

Wtf @ accusing me of being a liar
The Stephen A is for the expression, I despise the guy. I’m not sure about his experiences but like his facts about being killed by another black guy he himself will be harassed more because he is black with a weapon.

Not trying to offend you but like I said above I’ve heard all of this before (especially on this site) so I’m immediately skeptical. I honestly suggest you don’t let it bother you too much especially if you’re being honest

Status
Not open for further replies.