OT: Richard Sherman arrested and denied bail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
How in the fuck did we get from Richard Sherman being arrested to cops shooting people?

Just an FYI, if you heard about Richard Sherman getting arrested, and either racism or cops shooting people somehow got into your mind (regardless of your opinion on the subject), then you are just thinking too much about race.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How in the fuck did we get from Richard Sherman being arrested to cops shooting people?

Just an FYI, if you heard about Richard Sherman getting arrested, and either racism or cops shooting people somehow got into your mind (regardless of your opinion on the subject), then you are just thinking too much about race.
@greg23 ^^^^

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

The CTE stuff is no joke and running into another human being with your head is going to have detrimental consequences to your life.

Those are the facts.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's been amusing watching you become more and more brainwashed into the right wing nuthouse over the past few years.
Yeah I've got a buddy like that. We always had our political differences but had no issues. Now anytime we talk it is literally just him ranting politics at me. He sent me a Facebook link last night and just said "yeah...no evidence of widespread fraud"

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I read a few posts and just wanted to offer my two cents. I think respectful dialogue is missing now in large part around society. Not everything is all a “right” talking point or a “left” talking point,

If more people actually spoke to one another, people would obviously still disagree on things, but people may actually agree on certain things also.

Sherman will have bail soon. I hope he gets all the help he needs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Having worked both sides of the criminal justice system, the issue I see are the rights being violated. And yes, that happens more to minorities in my experience. You wouldn’t believe some of the shit I’ve seen just to make an arrest.
Why do you think police are so eager to make arrests? It's not like they get bonuses for more arrests, and more arrests surely means more paperwork for them. So why are they so keen on arresting people?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol I saw that. Surprised Greg didn’t join in

I'm just going to like it for shits & giggles.. Its all shits & giggles until someone giggles & shits.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That dispatcher probably needs to go to sensitivity training. She gave zero fucks beyond asserting her authority over the situation.
911 dispatchers are frequently awful and unnecessarily rude and impatient.

Unpopular opinion: so are nurses.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really need a good safe test for CTE that doesn't need to be performed after death.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is also a sad side note is how terrible the 911 dispatcher was.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Why do you think police are so eager to make arrests? It's not like they get bonuses for more arrests, and more arrests surely means more paperwork for them. So why are they so keen on arresting people?
It’s not all cops. It’s like every profession, there are a helluva lot of good cops out there, and some bad ones.

Ego plays a large part I think. If someone is mouthing off, or they know the person has skated on a few things prior, they’ll ramp it up to try to find something to hook him up for.

Also, often times they feel that doing whatever to justify a search can yield even more stuff. So a case that started off as misdemeanor weed can jump to trafficking cocaine if they keep digging.

Again, the issue for me is whether the initial stop and search are constitutional. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it’s not.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That dispatcher probably needs to go to sensitivity training. She gave zero fucks beyond asserting her authority over the situation.
This isn't customer service, man. She's there to get information not make the customer feel valued. The audio has also clearly been edited (like to omit the address) which makes it seem way more curt than it was.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

With nurses every hospital I’ve been to has been severely understaffed

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s not all cops. It’s like every profession, there are a helluva lot of good cops out there, and some bad ones.

Ego plays a large part I think. If someone is mouthing off, or they know the person has skated on a few things prior, they’ll ramp it up to try to find something to hook him up for.

Also, often times they feel that doing whatever to justify a search can yield even more stuff. So a case that started off as misdemeanor weed can jump to trafficking cocaine if they keep digging.

Again, the issue for me is whether the initial stop and search are constitutional. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it’s not.
Yeah, it seems like a very reckless way of doing things. The small weed to huge cocaine bust in your example could easily lead to everything being thrown out when the judge decides the cop's search was unconstitutional.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This isn't customer service, man. She's there to get information not make the customer feel valued. The audio has also clearly been edited (like to omit the address) which makes it seem way more curt than it was.
Except dispatching actually incorporates customer service skills in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.