OT Scouting 2025 QB prospects because of the underwhelming top ranked 2024 QBs

mecha

Liked Posts:
Okay, so first of all, Williams is and has been the consensus 1st or 2nd(MHJ) best prospect for over a year on everyone's draft board. So I have no idea what you mean by "sniffing" out that I think he is a good prospect? I have no issues with people not liking Williams. Couldn't care less which quarterback they go with.

As far as Williams and Fields...they have very little in common. Williams is a loose, natural thrower with a great release who can throw from all angles. He can play from the pocket, has pocket awareness and throws with anticipation and accuracy to all levels. He goes through his progressions and can make plays no one else can make. Now, Williams has shown some flaws.vs..pressure in reent weeks and definitely has a tendency to try to do to much. He has absolute faith in his arm talent and sometimes that gets him in trouble.

Fields is robotic, struggles in the pocket. He was an inconsistent passer even in college, he struggled with processing and with consistency. Nothing has changed or improved for Fields in the pros. He still holds the ball and freezes in the pocket. This is a guy who managed just 7 300 yard passing games in college. He came into the league raw and has not developed.

Williams is way more advanced as a paser.than Fields was coming out. And so is Maye. Hell, they're both better passers right now than Fields is after 2+ years in the league.

I'm not saying they don't have flaws, or can't bust, or whatever. That's irrelevant. No prospect is perfect. The Bears have to get an actual NFL quarterback. Until that happens, they will continue to suck.
@Mighty Joe Young is the most pretentious twat on CCS

like worse than Biff even. in fact, may be the worst there is, of everyone.

big ups @Cabbage King aka Black Rainbow's more positive identity

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm allowed to be pretentious because I've been more right than a lot of you guys. :smug2:
There's not one single legitimate football mind that would compare Williams to Fields and come away with Williams is a lesser version. Let's just be frank, and I'm not being a dick. You know fuck all about evaluating QBs.

You claim to take notes from people who have an idea of what they're watching, but you don't use any of the fundamentals they use to come up with your "analysis". 3 of the most important traits any QB can have are, Accuracy, anticipation, and field vision. Williams has demonstrated all of these time and time again. Fields on the other hand, has not. Thats not up for bebate. It's a fact.

In short, the comp is terrible. It's like saying C.J Stroud is a lesser version of fields because of his 40 time and body weight. When in reality, Fields couldn't hold his jock as a QB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's not one single legitimate football mind that would compare Williams to Fields and come away with Williams is a lesser version. Let's just be frank, and I'm not being a dick. You know fuck all about evaluating QBs.

You claim to take notes from people who have an idea of what they're watching, but you don't use any of the fundamentals they use to come up with your "analysis". 3 of the most important traits any QB can have are, Accuracy, anticipation, and field vision. Williams has demonstrated all of these time and time again. Fields on the other hand, has not. Thats not up for bebate. It's a fact.

In short, the comp is terrible. It's like saying C.J Stroud is a lesser version of fields because of his 40 time and body weight.

Let's be frank, and I'm not being a dick - You sound ass-hurt because you love Williams.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Let's be frank, and I'm not being a dick - You sound ass-hurt because you love Williams.
Not even a little, but this is the type of rebuttal I'd expect from someone who doesn't have a clue. Watching tape is like watching Chess. There's really no point if you don't understand the fundamentals. Your basically just starring at a screen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not even a little, but this is the type of rebuttal I'd expect from someone who doesn't have a clue. Watching tape is like watching Chess. There's really no point if you don't understand the fundamentals. Your basically just starring at a screen.
Doesn’t have a clue/ doesn’t watch the games two diff issues but both relevant with him lol

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Drew Allar's first game with a new offensive coordinator and he lit it up today. 6-13 for 79 yds, 0 tds, 0 ints. He did have 3 rushes for 28 yards tho!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Do you at bear minimum see the irony in how you are a self proclaimed master evaluator of OL and other positions yet you also for some idiotic reason admitted that you don't even watch the games. What 'tape' are you watching and where you are getting it from? An even better question is why are you not watching games, but you are sitting around supposedly watching tape? You aren't an evaluator. No one is paying you. Wtf?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
*EDIT* - Changing this to a just scouting of the 2025 prospects. I am not enamoured with the 2024 QB prospects. Below is my first take on 3 games of Allar, but this is pending as some have suggested the Ohio State game will change my mind - leaving this up as an initial impression and later impressions will occur naturally in the thread. I may update the initial post as I expand whom I scout.

See the thread for Scouting or if you have someone you want me to look at. I'll keep summaries up top.

* Drew Allar - Solid, but unspectacular. Very Fundamentally sound, has some zip on the ball and can make good reads. However seems to wilt under pressure, and is in a system where not much is asked of him, making him difficult to evaluate overall.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It should be noted the thread starter openly admitted he does NOT EVEN WATCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL
I read page 1 and I think I can save CCS a lot of time by saying any question to OP asking if he’s watched a game is always truthfully answered with a resounding NO.