OT: Shouldn’t we be applauding Antonio Brown?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For the trolling mentally challenged...the thread is focused on Antonio Brown

OT: Shouldn’t we be applauding Antonio Brown?​

If Antonio Brown leaving his team and potentially the NFL turns out to be related to his mental health, shouldn’t we applaud him for walking away?

I thought we call athletes heroes when they walk away in the middle of a competition due to mental health issues? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That dude saying "it's AB" is such a pussy. If Gronk was there instead, he'd be like, "It's Gronk."

AB sounds dumb here.... AB is on a "prove it deal" because of his past. He wore out his welcome in 3 different places and the only reason why he even got another chance is because Brady vouched for him.

Why wouldn't AB think he is the best? The Bucs had Evans, Godwin, and Gronk and yet sill went out of their way to sign an alleged rapist that no one else wanted. Brady even let him crash at his house. It is the Bucs and Brady's own fault that AB has an overinflated sense of himself. They enabled him and now they are enjoying the fruits of their labor. Good for them! Maybe next time they shouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate shitty human beings.

"To me, a friend is someone who's got your back," Brown said on the "Full Send Podcast" on Friday. "Not everybody in sports is going to be your friend. Tom Brady's my friend why? Because I'm a good football player. He needs me to play football. People have different meanings of what friendship is."

AB may be crazy but he isn't a fool.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why wouldn't AB think he is the best? The Bucs had Evans, Godwin, and Gronk and yet sill went out of their way to sign an alleged rapist that no one else wanted. Brady even let him crash at his house. It is the Bucs and Brady's own fault that AB has an overinflated sense of himself. They enabled him and now they are enjoying the fruits of their labor. Good for them! Maybe next time they shouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate shitty human beings.

"To me, a friend is someone who's got your back," Brown said on the "Full Send Podcast" on Friday. "Not everybody in sports is going to be your friend. Tom Brady's my friend why? Because I'm a good football player. He needs me to play football. People have different meanings of what friendship is."

AB may be crazy but he isn't a fool.

I think you misunderstood what I said.

It's clear that AB thinks he's the best. I said the guy sitting there going like, "I'll be real, it's AB" -- when AB asked the question, "Who was the best player they had?" -- is a pussy. I think he would have said any player was the best if that particular player had been there instead.

And my point about him being on a "prove-it deal" had nothing to do with his talent. Obviously the Bucs thought he was good, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the risk to sign him in the first place. But it's because of his locker room antics and off-field issues that they gave him a prove it deal instead of a more secure long-term contract.

Though... When you say it's the Bucs and Brady's fault for AB's overinflated sense of himself..... that couldn't be more wrong. This started in Pittsburgh.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you misunderstood what I said.

It's clear that AB thinks he's the best. I said the guy sitting there going like, "I'll be real, it's AB" -- when AB asked the question, "Who was the best player they had?" -- is a pussy. I think he would have said any player was the best if that particular player had been there instead.

And my point about him being on a "prove-it deal" had nothing to do with his talent. Obviously the Bucs thought he was good, otherwise they wouldn't have taken the risk to sign him in the first place. But it's because of his locker room antics and off-field issues that they gave him a prove it deal instead of a more secure long-term contract.

Though... When you say it's the Bucs and Brady's fault for AB's overinflated sense of himself..... that couldn't be more wrong. This started in Pittsburgh.

Yeah I wasnt saying that is what you meant. I was using your post to go off a tangent.

No one was trying to sign him after the Raiders. Brady convinced tge Pats to sign him and it eventually blew up and then he convinced the Bucs to sign him and it eventually blew up. AB has hung around the past few years because of Brady.