My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10224953/houston-texans-hire-bill-obrien-penn-state-nittany-lions

Penn State's Bill O'Brien has reached an agreement to become the new coach of the Houston Texans, according to league sources.

The deal is expected to be announced no later than Saturday.

O'Brien, a protege of Patriots coach Bill Belichick, left New England two years ago to take over Penn State in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.

Despite a bowl ban and relaxed transfer rules that allowed players to leave Penn State without delay, the Nittany Lions went 15-9 under O'Brien, including 10-6 in the Big Ten.

The Texans fired Gary Kubiak Dec. 6.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has a chance to be a real good hire.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was fast

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
bet he never kicks a field goal on 2nd down

I can see it now, very first time his team gets in FG range on second down he elects to kick a FG. Post game presser gets questioned on it and he responds with "just for spite, damn Optimus prime!"

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Like the other Patriotx' coordinators

He's has success doing a hard task now. Every Bill Belichik guy has failed from trying to oversea total control and run hardass ships.(sans Romeo who's the jolly giant but incompetent running a team)

If O'Brien keeps Wade Phillips I think he's in a good position.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's has success doing a hard task now. Every Bill Belichik guy has failed from trying to oversea total control and run hardass ships.(sans Romeo who's the jolly giant but incompetent running a team)

If O'Brien keeps Wade Phillips I think he's in a good position.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

He has earned a lot of praise for the job he has done, but frankly, it's mostly for taking the job in the first place.

Penn St lost a couple players in 2012, and he had them 8-4 with some bad losses.

They were worse this year, and the sanctions really haven't hit hard yet.

He may be good. But Pats' coordinators are 0 for 3 prior to him. We shall see.

I just can't understand all the love he gets for preaching to the kids to stick it out while he went job shopping a year ago, and renegotiated his contract to reduce his buyout clause. He knew he was leaving this year as early as a year ago.

He should be in a great position for 2014. Just like Andy Reid, he takes over a team with a record WAY below where it should have been based on the talent level, AND adds the #1 overall pick. Whoever took that job would be a candidate for coach of the year immediately, so he will likely be getting more praise all of next year, even if mediocre.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10224953/houston-texans-hire-bill-obrien-penn-state-nittany-lions

Penn State's Bill O'Brien has reached an agreement to become the new coach of the Houston Texans, according to league sources.

The deal is expected to be announced no later than Saturday.

O'Brien, a protege of Patriots coach Bill Belichick, left New England two years ago to take over Penn State in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.

Despite a bowl ban and relaxed transfer rules that allowed players to leave Penn State without delay, the Nittany Lions went 15-9 under O'Brien, including 10-6 in the Big Ten.

The Texans fired Gary Kubiak Dec. 6.

What the blue fuck does this have to do with bears? Why the hell would I care about this?