OT: The HC hirings- Your thougts?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oddly the GM sent away the TE who wouldn't be used much by the OC but made him keep a backup QB he didn't really like.. but hanie made that pass to earl Bennett in the championship game and that I guess was enough to be deemed a good enough backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Martz supposedly never liked Hanie. Martz made the stupid decision of insisting on Todd Collins though. So both decisions were stupid. Hanie had that 4th Q in the NFC Championship and thus sold the GM on him being the backup. Martz ended up right in the end in which Hanie could not play QB.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Martz supposedly never liked Hanie. Martz made the stupid decision of insisting on Todd Collins though. So both decisions were stupid. Hanie had that 4th Q in the NFC Championship and thus sold the GM on him being the backup. Martz ended up right in the end in which Hanie could not play QB.
He actually wanted Josh McCown but hale had a 1 million demand and Oakland took it. They didn't sign Collins til Hanie got hurt in preseason and they needed someone. There wasn't much else there.

Illinois teams sure know what times to choose to be picky about QBs

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He actually wanted Josh McCown but hale had a 1 million demand and Oakland took it. They didn't sign Collins til Hanie got hurt in preseason and they needed someone. There wasn't much else there

Well I agree there wasn't much else there.. But Collins was made the immediate backup, played that shit game in the regular season vs Carolina, and still was the backup.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They damn near survived it with Hanie. If Barber had stayed in bounds or not fumbled in OT that gives them 9 wins right there. Marion Barber is the father of Tebow Mania.
They needed 10 wins to make the postseason that year. 9 wouldn't cut it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's just not true. Below is the PBP from the Houston and both Greenbay games from 2012 just for example. Linked the whole schedule with results for your convenience. D worked fine against damn good offenses. WHY do people make stuff up? GB scored 21 including a fake FG in game 1. They scored 21, including a 26 yard drive after an interception in game two. Houston scored 13 and were 7-1 and on fire coming into the game.

The myth about the Lovie D being outdated is completely made up. Carolina runs a ton of his stuff.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/chi/year/2012
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=320913009
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321216003
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=321111003

This was not as predominantly C2 anymore and more aggressive with Marinelli. One of those games was Schaub and the other 2 had Rodgers completing 2/3rds of his passes for over 500yds in multiple score Bear losses. That said, there's no question it was a VG defense but your examples are always lacking..

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was not as predominantly C2 anymore and more aggressive with Marinelli. One of those games was Schaub and the other 2 had Rodgers completing 2/3rds of his passes for over 500yds in multiple score Bear losses. That said, there's no question it was a VG defense but your examples are always lacking..

Schaub was good back then. When do they hand out the points for yards? Is that at the quarter break or at half?

What was the point of the personal attack, especially since you agree with my point that the defense was good?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wonder if there were more qualified HC candidates out there, who wouda' been better choices

1. Hue Jackson, Cleveland Browns:
2. Chip Kelly, San Francisco 49ers
3. Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins
5. Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles
6. Ben McAdoo, New York Giants
7. Mike Mularkey, Tennessee Titans