OT: There is Still Some Hope In Chicago Sports

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Connor Bedard makes his professional debut TONIGHT on NBC SPORTS CHICAGO!

The transcendent prospect will turn this city back into hockey town. Haters gonna hate... your football team and QB are TRASH!

The game is on TV.

If anyone touches him they will have to deal with Corey Perry and Nick Foligno.

Enjoy the only brightspot after the Cubs blew another lead.

#TheNextOne is here
The days of Semenko & McSorley are long gone. I wish Bedard the best, but inevitably he will get laid out over the middle while looking down at the puck. It will happen more than once. The question is, is he tough enough to continue his style of play under these conditions. The NHL game has changed in recent years, similar to the NFL, for safety reason. But not nearly to the extend the NFL has. Nobody's going to fear Perry or Foligno when they have a clean shot on boy wonder over the middle. Players actually feared Semenko, McSorley and enforcers like them back in the day because those guys where fucking psychotic. I don't see anyone in todays game swinging their stick so hard into someone's head it gives them a grade 3 concussion.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just see a dumbass OP struggling to find the Blackhawks forum.
Yeah this thrilling discusison of what, the pedophile coach? Whether Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan? Who to take at first overall? Look I'm as hooked on the spectacle that is the 2023 Bears as much as anyone, but I reckon there's no real sanctity of football talk. Let the man shitpost.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Chicago is literally blessed to have conner Bedard ripping my city and for all those haters whomst spend so much time on here hating the bears this is acturally a chance for you to have some pride in your heart for a Chicago team that will literally be propelled by Bedard to become the number one team of all the different teams in this city I mean are you kidding me? There is no better athlete in all of sports outside of soccer then Conner Bedard and he's even still better then Ronaldo or Mbappé.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
That’s ok, football baffles you too. It’s all good.
Icing was the very first rule of hockey I learned about while watching hockey when I was 7 with my mom's ex boyfriend and I will never under why it is sp difficult for people to understand the concept it's literally rudimentary hockey rule knowledge it's not like trying to understand how Cricket works which I will literally never understand

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hockey baffles me. I've had icing explained to me a dozen times, still can't tell you what it is. But I'll bandwagon when the time comes.
Icing is sorta like when you cash in your credit card rewards points but failed to pay off your monthly statement balance in full and end up being charged interest that is greater than the value of your points.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think we both know what this forum needs............it needs me to be head mod!
Ccs does need more representation in leadership, there are currently no gay mods or mentally disabled mods or mods who are morbidly obese, you'd be able to fill all of those voids in one hire which would be great for diversity equity and inclusion.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ccs does need more representation in leadership, there are currently no gay mods or mentally disabled mods or mods who are morbidly obese, you'd be able to fill all of those voids in one hire which would be great for diversity equity and inclusion.

Got em!

Granada

Liked Posts:
The days of Semenko & McSorley are long gone. I wish Bedard the best, but inevitably he will get laid out over the middle while looking down at the puck. It will happen more than once. The question is, is he tough enough to continue his style of play under these conditions. The NHL game has changed in recent years, similar to the NFL, for safety reason. But not nearly to the extend the NFL has. Nobody's going to fear Perry or Foligno when they have a clean shot on boy wonder over the middle. Players actually feared Semenko, McSorley and enforcers like them back in the day because those guys where fucking psychotic. I don't see anyone in todays game swinging their stick so hard into someone's head it gives them a grade 3 concussion.
I remember when people said the exact same thing about Kane. I'd say that turned pretty okay...

There's a reason why smaller skilled players can survive in the NHL, and it has more to do with on-ice awareness than it does with enforcers. And if you're factoring how the game has changed with the extinction of guys like McSorley, you also have to factor in how the game has changed with suspensions, which is fazing out open-ice checkers like Scott Stevens and Nik Kronwall. Sure, there a few guys out there (M. Tkachuk, E. Kane) that throw these hits regularly, but they're much rarer in today's NHL.

That said, I still believe enforcers -- even by today's standards -- are important. But on-ice awareness is the most important when it comes to survival.