OT: Tigers Sign Prince Fielder

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Or does Miggy go to the 7? Or do they take turns playing 1b and DHing?

I don't think Miggy will play 3b other than the occasional spot-start.

Miggy said he wants to play 3B and the Tigers beat writer said that where he expects him to be.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good News Everyone!

good_news_everyone-525x296.png

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A good point got brought up to me at work. Tigers lose VMart and gain Fielder. That is a wash in 2012, right?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope he falls right on his fat ass.

Detroit sucks.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
A good point got brought up to me at work. Tigers lose VMart and gain Fielder. That is a wash in 2012, right?

I think the power Fielder provides will prove to be an upgrade in 2012. although there is the whole switching to the AL which may or may not have an effect, hopefully it does.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:
I've had 24 hours to think about this move and I hate it as much today as I did yesterday. The Tigers have gotten worse defensively and now, arguably, can have the worst defensive infield in baseball. They're taking a below average 1B and expecting him to play 3B. They tried that four years ago and it failed miserably after 14 games. Now they expect him to go back there at 28 when he couldn't play there at 24.

While Peralta played well last year he had a 3B with range to bail him out. Now he's going to be left to fend for himself. The starting infield, from left to right, is below average, average, average to below average (depending on Santiago/Raburn platoon) and average. The 2008 roster filled with DH's didn't work (last place) and I don't see it working this time either.

I'm just glad they made the signing AFTER season ticket invoices went out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've had 24 hours to think about this move and I hate it as much today as I did yesterday. The Tigers have gotten worse defensively and now, arguably, can have the worst defensive infield in baseball. They're taking a below average 1B and expecting him to play 3B. They tried that four years ago and it failed miserably after 14 games. Now they expect him to go back there at 28 when he couldn't play there at 24.

While Peralta played well last year he had a 3B with range to bail him out. Now he's going to be left to fend for himself. The starting infield, from left to right, is below average, average, average to below average (depending on Santiago/Raburn platoon) and average. The 2008 roster filled with DH's didn't work (last place) and I don't see it working this time either.

I'm just glad they made the signing AFTER season ticket invoices went out.

I take it your a tigers fan.

you got the division wrapped up already, relax there. I would love to have the problems you have. miggy and fielder in the heart of that order is out of control. you 1 amazing starter and an ehh rotation which is still >>>> than the divisions.

tigers will win division by 8 plus games.

MotorCityCub

Liked Posts:

you got the division wrapped up already, relax there. I would love to have the problems you have. miggy and fielder in the heart of that order is out of control. you 1 amazing starter and an ehh rotation which is still >>>> than the divisions.

I agree, they're in good shape to win the division because the pitching is better than 2008. My biggest fear is the Marlins syndrome. Owner goes all out to win a Series then can't afford the talent in subsequent years.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

This.