brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Anyone else rooting for history today?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brett thread eh. This probably means that Josh Hamilton hits four homers with 10 RBI while either Trout or Mayer goes 6-for-6 then.

:soxtroll:

;)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I hope not. I want the TC for a batter in my lifetime. Pleny of pitcher ones, but I was born 6 years after Yaz did it.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Cabrera gets it too. There's a 90% chance he has it locked up even with a bad day today so he better play.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I want him to get it. I really like Miggy. I gained a great appreciation for him as he was helping rip my heart out in 2003.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cabrera is juiced. He's also a criminal. Hamilton all the way.

Miguel-Cabrera.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Having the Triple Crown happen is neat... so I hope it happens but Mike Trout deserves the MVP

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I agree Trout is better than Miggy, but I have Miggy as the MVP. The Tigers made the playoffs with his bat and his better than expected defense.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MVP is most valuable to their team. the tigers do not win the division without miggys insane numbers this year. This is where WAR is flawed, Trout has this insane WAR due to defense and if he was eliminated from the roster the angels wouldnt be the huge amount worse. if miggy is gone detroit is by far a real bad team. I know trout is fast and stuffz and makes these leaping catches but cmon, dont for a minute think the trout mvp talk is not due to media hype.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think its media hype. Trout's stats are pretty astounding. The only way Trout DOESN'T win the MVP is if someone wins the Triple Crown, which is what Cabrera might do. But I don't think Trout is a media product. If anything, I think the media hype of the Triple Crown will have more of an impact on the MVP Award than anything else.

Well I agree with triple crown coverage, but all year its been Trout.

There are 2 seperate variables to this.

1) who would you rather have? trout would be the ansewer due to age and tools

2) but.....who was more valuable to their team? that has to be miggy

I think a lot of fans get that confused

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BR has trout at a WAR of 10.7 which is another reason why WAR fucking blows. 10.7??? really?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Its the Most Valuable Player, not Most Valuable Hitter.

Cabrera is better offensively, yes, but Trout is better defensively and a better overall player.

Detroit has 3 of the top 10 players in baseball, if the Tigers don't have Cabrera they still have Justin Verlander and Prince Fielder and play in the AL Central. Without Trout the Angels aren't even in the playoff hunt.

Trout also didn't play a full season.

Triple crown is meaningless to me. Cabrera has more RBIs because he bats third and played all year. Trout leads off, gee, no wonder Cabrera has more RBIs.

And if people want to play the "Tigers made the playoffs, Angels didn't!!!!1" card, Angels had a better overall record than Detroit.

Trout means a lot more to LA, than drinky means to Detroit.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't Ben Zobrist have a ridiculously high WAR too?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Fact: Angels have never made the playoffs with Trout. Dude just DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WIN!!!1

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im still very skeptical on miggy though, dont get me wrong he is damn good but i think he just didnt get caught.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the fact that the triple crown is meaningless to people is a bad sign... It is a side product of the stat/sabre guy's overwhelming belief that stats are the be-all, end-all way to judge players.

My MVP vote would go to Cabrera.