1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no, I always have extra kraut with my brats!

Dementia

Liked Posts:
C'mon guys don't worry about what the Packers are doing. Just worry about what the Bears are doing, you are only feeding the trolls otherwise.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Either they sign him or he goes to another team... It is the reality of the NFL. And the Packers still have Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Boykins, and anyone else they draft next year. All of those WRs are solid & better then anything the Bears have after Marshall. And I didn't even mention their TEs.

I do love the obvious envy, though. The title of the thread suggests that Green Bay is paradise & anything to try & knock the MVP down by Bears fans is hilarious! Keep on hating, it just looks like pure jealousy :)

I personally think Marshall is better than Jennings. To say their whole WR corp is man for man better than anything we have after Marshall may be a stretch. Nelson is good, I'll give him that, but I also think that Jeffrey has the ability, and just needs to develop to his potential to be better. Bennett is better than Jones. I do like Cobb for them, we have Devin, similar in explosive types in the open field, we'll see what Devin brings this year with the focus clearly off him. I don't know much about Boykins, but he doesn't have to be great to be better than sausagebacker. They have the names and all, no doubt, but we have some real talent there finally. I really think Marshall, Bennett, & Jeffrey will be a extremely good group, throw in Devin for occasional big plays, and we have something nice going. Jay is every bit as talented as Rodgers, maybe moreso, but he hasn't been given the weapons that Rodgers has enjoyed, let alone the opportunity to just stay in one offense. Jay also will have Forte and Bush in and out of the backfield. He'll have Davis at TE, who while he isn't an all pro, I think he'll have a very productive year. Rodriguez is another weapon, like Jeffrey, all he needs is time to develop and reach his potential.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think Marshall is better than Jennings. To say their whole WR corp is man for man better than anything we have after Marshall may be a stretch. Nelson is good, I'll give him that, but I also think that Jeffrey has the ability, and just needs to develop to his potential to be better. Bennett is better than Jones. I do like Cobb for them, we have Devin, similar in explosive types in the open field, we'll see what Devin brings this year with the focus clearly off him. I don't know much about Boykins, but he doesn't have to be great to be better than sausagebacker. They have the names and all, no doubt, but we have some real talent there finally. I really think Marshall, Bennett, & Jeffrey will be a extremely good group, throw in Devin for occasional big plays, and we have something nice going. Jay is every bit as talented as Rodgers, maybe moreso, but he hasn't been given the weapons that Rodgers has enjoyed, let alone the opportunity to just stay in one offense. Jay also will have Forte and Bush in and out of the backfield. He'll have Davis at TE, who while he isn't an all pro, I think he'll have a very productive year. Rodriguez is another weapon, like Jeffrey, all he needs is time to develop and reach his potential.
IMO you have to say they are are better. Our's may become better, but in the past the Packers have always had better WR's. Until our guys show it on the field, you can't really say they are better. A good off-season and a good pre-season does not make a good team.

Once our guys get on the field and start producing like they should, then you can make the argument ours are as good if not better.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good last few comments. Marshall is the best WR on either team, but after that, I'll take every single WR Green Bay has over the rest of the Bears. The Bears need to prove it on the field first. Losing Jennings next year would be a loss, but not one that can't be overcome. The Bears did have an excellent offseason with upgrades to their offense, though. It will be an interesting year.

The only comment that was a little much was saying Cutler can be as good, if not better, then Rodgers. That is just plain false. Rodgers just had one of the top 3 years any QB has ever had ever (I'd put it #2 after Marino's crazy year in 83 or whatever year it was). While I think Cutler could possibly be a top 6 QB in the league, Rodgers, Brady & Brees are at a different level.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Brats are great... Especially cheese & onion ones, or even better, jalepeno brats!

bratwurst.gif

dondraper

Good last few comments. Marshall is the best WR on either team, but after that, I'll take every single WR Green Bay has over the rest of the Bears. The Bears need to prove it on the field first. Losing Jennings next year would be a loss, but not one that can't be overcome. The Bears did have an excellent offseason with upgrades to their offense, though. It will be an interesting year.

The only comment that was a little much was saying Cutler can be as good, if not better, then Rodgers. That is just plain false. Rodgers just had one of the top 3 years any QB has ever had ever (I'd put it #2 after Marino's crazy year in 83 or whatever year it was). While I think Cutler could possibly be a top 6 QB in the league, Rodgers, Brady & Brees are at a different level.

you can't comfortably say that. he has not had a competent o-line or receiving core since he came to the bears. We don't really don't know what his ceiling is yet

dondraper

even with all the deficiencies around him he has still managed to to play well and even have some analysts consider him a top 10 ab

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
gtfo "Spartan"

Your messageboarding is tiresome. Panda has accomplished trolling masterpieces while you choke on your own stale material with your butt buddy Bearmick. I'd like to see you both try to take on Cutler via Twitter with your nonsense.

Cutler is a better QB than you deserve as a "fan" and he is also much wittier than you.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, dont get me wrong.. I didn't mean it as an insult. Cutler is a really good QB, one who has the opportunity to have his best season this year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh, dont get me wrong.. I didn't mean it as an insult. Cutler is a really good QB, one who has the opportunity to have his best season this year.

sorry, not directed at you. I guess "reply" is hard to follow unless you quote. thanks for teaching me something dood.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Either they sign him or he goes to another team... It is the reality of the NFL. And the Packers still have Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Boykins, and anyone else they draft next year. All of those WRs are solid & better then anything the Bears have after Marshall. And I didn't even mention their TEs.

I do love the obvious envy, though. The title of the thread suggests that Green Bay is paradise & anything to try & knock the MVP down by Bears fans is hilarious! Keep on hating, it just looks like pure jealousy :)

lol at Jones, Cobb and Boykins better then Earl Bennett.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You know the best part of this? We don't need to ask if the Bears might sign him! Because if this season goes as I think we all hope, Jennings would only be the 3rd best WR on the team next to Jeffery and Marshall. Bennett would be above him in my opinion because of his automatic hands, but most people wouldn't put him there.

Stop....just stop.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol at Jones, Cobb and Boykins better then Earl Bennett.

A slow guy who has been propped up by the local media for yyyyyyears because the WR core has sucked for yyyyyears??

Hahah, okay. 2 of them have showed more explosion and potential then Bennett for 2+ years. Boykin is an unknown at this point. Watch some actual game film and come back with that. Jones and Cobb would out produce Bennett by 20 times his production if they could get on the field. The problem is that GB has so much talent they rarely use them.

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

This is just another contract situation like any Bears have had in the past. However, If you think Marshall is our only weapon, I think you are in for a surprise!

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just another contract situation like any Bears have had in the past. However, If you think Marshall is our only weapon, I think you are in for a surprise!

Nope, not surprised... Marshall is a sure fire weapon and so is Forte & Bush. Unfortunatly for Bears fans, Jeffrey is an unknown and RBs aren't all that important anymore. They are for fantasy points, but not for winnning Super Bowls :)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Did someone burn a cheeseburger in GB?[video=youtube;OJi4bln-hHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OJi4bln-hHQ[/video]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Nope, not surprised... Marshall is a sure fire weapon and so is Forte & Bush. Unfortunatly for Bears fans, Jeffrey is an unknown and RBs aren't all that important anymore. They are for fantasy points, but not for winnning Super Bowls :)
Yeah, but wait until you get Hester on your 3rd CB and the sure handed, never drop Bennett as well. I think you'll find Weems hard to contain as well. Then we have two huge blocking TE's that can catch, and two pass receiving TE's going over the middle. Oh yeah, are you ready for a dose of Forte and Bush coming out of the backfield? You guys are in for a surprise dude!