OT: Tyreek Hill police incident in KC

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don’t fuck with kids. Lifetime ban. Easy decision. Take his kid away for the kids safety. Lock Hill in jail. Surely he has some funds from his first contract the state can take for child support. (Assuming this is legit of course)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You don’t fuck with kids. Lifetime ban. Easy decision. Take his kid away for the kids safety. Lock Hill in jail. Surely he has some funds from his first contract the state can take for child support. (Assuming this is legit of course)

Agreed. If these reports are true his kid should be taken from him and he should be sitting in a jail cell with a nice life time ban waiting for him when he gets out. Don’t fuck this one up too Goodell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lets see if the league learned anything from their AP experience. If this guy is guilty, will KC cut him loose for something far worse than what Hunt did.

If the Kareem Hunt situation is any example, the Chiefs will move quickly to cut him, and Bears fans will pray that heir team signs him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So not concerned with the kid's actual welfare at all, got it.

What if he had a kid, and robbed a bank? Does he get a reduced sentence because he has a kid?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think a moral line needs to be drawn. Regardless of a suspension or not Hill has to make the choice to get help. If the only answer is the promise of a continued NFL career motivates him for that help, he really isn’t going to take that help seriously.

While the NFL has faults, they do provide post career assistance. And frankly at some point a person needs to look in the mirror and take responsibility. A person can be shown the correct path but they must take the steps. And as I said if the only motivator is a continued career, his counseling would be disingenuous.

That is a reasonable position. I just don't think long term that is the right answer but we can agree to disagree.

What if he had a kid, and robbed a bank? Does he get a reduced sentence because he has a kid?

I thought it obvious that the law is different than the NFL. There are already prescribed punishments under the law for this.

The NFL has leeway to punish and rehabilitate as they see fit. Hence why they can punish even if the courts do not.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is simply unrealistic. There is no incentive to his getting help if he is banned for life. The NFL would have no mechanism to force him to get help so that is simply punishment with no rehabilitation.

So you must think no criminal should go to jail then right?

It takes them from their kids

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a side note, what is the law going to do to an adult who broke a childs arm?? a number of years in prison would seem the order of the day let alone an elite athlete who could do massive amount of damage in the blink of an eye, so in reality leaving a child in the care of such an individaul would be neglegent on the part of Child protection services. So could he end up with his child taken into care, a number of years in porison and banned from the NFL !!?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Just a side note, what is the law going to do to an adult who broke a childs arm?? a number of years in prison would seem the order of the day let alone an elite athlete who could do massive amount of damage in the blink of an eye, so in reality leaving a child in the care of such an individaul would be neglegent on the part of Child protection services. So could he end up with his child taken into care, a number of years in porison and banned from the NFL !!?

I think what is important is intent. Was he too rough on the kid while trying to discipline? Sometimes even with my 3 year old, they do that spaghetti arm when you try and pick them up during a temper tantrum and you have to be a bit careful how you grab them so they literally don't fall to the ground. Anyone that has a toddler knows what that is. Maybe, he was just an idiot and held onto his arm the wrong way. Or did he intentionally shove or punch the kid out of a momentary fit of anger which led to the kid breaking his arm? Different actions make the event more severe or more tolerable. It depends on what happened.

This is all assuming that he was the one who broke the kid's arm in the first place.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you must think no criminal should go to jail then right?

It takes them from their kids

Did you miss my post 86. The law and the NFL are two different things. Criminals should go to jail and when they have served their time, they should be allowed to reintegrate into society.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think what is important is intent. Was he too rough on the kid while trying to discipline? Sometimes even with my 3 year old, they do that spaghetti arm when you try and pick them up during a temper tantrum and you have to be a bit careful how you grab them so they literally don't fall to the ground. Anyone that has a toddler knows what that is. Maybe, he was just an idiot and held onto his arm the wrong way. Or did he intentionally shove or punch the kid out of a momentary fit of anger which led to the kid breaking his arm? Different actions make the event more severe or more tolerable. It depends on what happened.

This is all assuming that he was the one who broke the kid's arm in the first place.

Yep exactly. My cousin separated his shoulder when he tried to get out of his mom's grip and twisted himself around. Shoulder popped out just like that. I ended up with 10 stitches in my head (still have a scar) when I was running from my mom, our dog decided to run with me and then when I stopped to see if my mom was following me, the dog ran into me and I got knocked over and my head hit the edge of the driveway. A lot of ways for a kid to get injured that doesn't involve willful child abuse.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did you miss my post 86. The law and the NFL are two different things. Criminals should go to jail and when they have served their time, they should be allowed to reintegrate into society.

We posted these responses together, so mine was before I saw #86.

It seems you ar esaying I, as an employer, must be forced to rehire a man who commits a crime as long as he is available to work. Is that accurate?

Or are you saying, the courts can jail him, and/or the Chiefs can cut him, but the NFL can't suspend him?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yep exactly. My cousin separated his shoulder when he tried to get out of his mom's grip and twisted himself around. Shoulder popped out just like that. I ended up with 10 stitches in my head (still have a scar) when I was running from my mom, our dog decided to run with me and then when I stopped to see if my mom was following me, the dog ran into me and I got knocked over and my head hit the edge of the driveway. A lot of ways for a kid to get injured that doesn't involve willful child abuse.

I ran into a grill when I was like 2 while playing tag with my older sisters during a family barbecue . Luckily, my parents say I was too short at the time for my head to hit the burners. Raising kids is tougher than I thought it would be. Constant lookout.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Some people don’t learn and have no patience to wait and see what the story is and what an investigation can shed light on. It’s always right away the court of public opinion. Hill doesn’t do himself any favors with his past actions that is true. But people need to give the damn investigation a chance before crucifying the guy

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kids bones don't break easy they are made of rubber and magic in that regard, their joints pop in out due to different speed of growth between ligament/tendon/bone and cartlidge, but he has a history of hurting others, how many one offs are you allowed (pun intended).
GBH and GBH with intent both carry prison terms over here before you factor in its to a minor.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Kids bones don't break easy they are made of rubber and magic in that regard, their joints pop in out due to different speed of growth between ligament/tendon/bone and cartlidge, but he has a history of hurting others, how many one offs are you allowed (pun intended).
GBH and GBH with intent both carry prison terms over here before you factor in its to a minor.

My sister broker her collarbone when she was 3 literally by falling off a chair that was on a wood deck. So a small fall can absolutely break a kids bones depending on how awkward the fall was.

Didn't Christopher Reeve break his neck falling like 5 feet?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So for those talking banishment, how does it help the kid if Hill cant provide for him?

giphy.gif

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sister broker her collarbone when she was 3 literally by falling off a chair that was on a wood deck. So a small fall can absolutely break a kids bones depending on how awkward the fall was.

Collarbone and scaffoid are the two most commonly broken bones in the human body due to remote force, eg putting you hand out to break a fall.

Christopher Reeve fell from a horse over a jump with his hand tangled in the reins and landed head first and wasn't a child, childrens bones are more rubbery hence the green stick fracture not clean breaks

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s worth wondering if the NFL is going to take into account his incident in college where the same child he’s now accused of battering was in the belly of his pregnant girlfriend who he choked out until she passed out. Are they going to be harder on him than they would a usual first-time incident because of that, even though that happened in college?

I think that will be the interesting part of the penalty process, whatever that might entail.

Also worth noting that his legal issues are just now starting. Sure, the Chiefs are willing to sit and wait for the time being with these two reports, but what about when he’s actually charged with felony child abuse and/or felony child battery? Can you keep a charged child batterer with a history on your team? Can you keep him in the league?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Something makes me think the Chiefs didn’t do their due diligence when looking at and choosing players. Which is fine, the more contenders that lose players or make mistakes make thins that much better for the Bears.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This reminds me of that Reeves joke