OT: Wizards Make Trade Offer For Ginobili?

cool007

Liked Posts:
The Washington Wizards have made a trade offer for Manu Ginoibili.

Asked by the Argentine press this week whether he thought he could be traded, he said “impossible” had lost a few letters.

“Today I believe there is a chance it could happen,” Ginobili said.

“People get in trouble when they say never,” Gregg Popovich said Wednesday.

“But Manu Ginobili is someone I cannot envision trading,” Popovich continued. “He has been such a huge part of our heart and soul; people like that are hard to come by. You don't even think about trading somebody like that. I can't imagine a scenario where he would be traded.”

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Manu? seriously? he is 1000 years old and I dont see him ever playing more than 60 games anymore a year.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
I assume it revolves around the 5th pick, and maybe some cap filler.

I agree with skool.....I can't see Manu staying healthy for the rest of his career.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:

I agree with skool.....I can't see Manu staying healthy for the rest of his career.

I wont lie he was a great player at a time and may still be good but he has so much wear and tear on his body. He has so many years on his body due to playing for his country and NBA playoffs. He has a good 3 extra seasons on his body.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I heard its 5th pick, Blatche, and James for Ginobilli and Hill

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:

I wont lie he was a great player at a time and may still be good but he has so much wear and tear on his body. He has so many years on his body due to playing for his country and NBA playoffs. He has a good 3 extra seasons on his body.

Its also the way he played. The throwing your body all over the place, crashing into the floor dozens of times per night. Its selfless basketball, and for that, he should be commended. He and Dwayne Wade have used it to their advantage, but it shortens the life of their NBA career considerably.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
If the deal is Manu and George Hill for the #5, Blatche and James then San Antonio seriously has to consider it. They could possibly get Harden at 5 and build around a Parker, Harden backcourt. Blatche is a nice big for them to develop. I am curious if Hinrich and the #16 could get us the #5, Etan Thomas and James. If so I might make that deal.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
If the deal is Manu and George Hill for the #5, Blatche and James then San Antonio seriously has to consider it. They could possibly get Harden at 5 and build around a Parker, Harden backcourt. Blatche is a nice big for them to develop. I am curious if Hinrich and the #16 could get us the #5, Etan Thomas and James. If so I might make that deal.
It makes sense long term but next year they are a contender still and you don't break that up for the #5 pick in a week draft. I mean if they could sign one of the good but cheap vets like Sheed, they just got all that much better and really solidified their place in the wcf.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
George Hill was nice find for them, they would need Mike James because they have no one to back up Parker.