Other DCs Available if Fangio Leaves???

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mel Tucker? He’s coaching in the National championship Game tonight. Also a HC candidate for UT Vols.

Hard to believe.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Im going go on a limb here and say Perry Fewell the jags DB's coach. Jacksonville is in the playoffs because of Defense and some fournette.
Fewell was once on the bears when we had Mike Brown and was once a DC in Buffalo. Spent alot of time NY with Coughlin.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Pettine would be terrific. Dynamic offense (potentially) and dynamic aggressive defense (potentially).

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No to Spags and and Fewell, moving to a 4-3 would be idiotic a this point. Do you guys like the idea of constantly rebuilding?

And hell no to Rex the blowhard.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
If Fangio does leave, I would love James Bettcher as DC. He's only 39, but has been the Cardinals' DC for the past 3 seasons. He interviewed for the Arizona job so we'll see if he gets it. However, if he doesn't, he is my #1 on my list. Arians said this about Bettcher, "He is extremely bright, high energy, an excellent communicator. When I first met him at Indianapolis, I knew he was going to be a star.”

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Pettine or Del Rio would be fine by me.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I could see Del Rio taking a year off. He’s being paid by the Raiders till 2020 (amazingly). He will be NFL HC candidate next year.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pettine or Bettcher for me. I know the latter is a very long shot

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
What about Don Martindale? Linebackers coach of the ravens? Was Denver’s DC in 09’ and 10’ I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
James Bettcher would be very high up on the list.

James Bettcher, Mike Pettine, Chuck Pagano, Gus Bradley, Rex Ryan in that order I think.

Perhaps Flip will be the OC!

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Vic is out give me Pettine, Pagano, Bettcher in that order.

Having someone one who he can trust to that side of the ball would be a major help for Nagy.

Which is why I would love to keep Vic if possible it’s not the “he’s the only good DC our there “ it’s He has full familiarity with the defense he knows which’ players are good at what, which positions need improvement and how to Coach them.