Other Options If the Bulls Don't Land Melo Or Love

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I will not be a Gar/Pax apologist. They need to make a big time improvement in this team. Period. Whatever that entails it must be done. The window for this team is right now, not three years down the road.

Do they have the balls though? I'm starting to think they don't.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do they have the balls though? I'm starting to think they don't.

I do not think that they really had a chance to show guts in the last couple of years when Rose went down. I don't think that they really did anything really stupid other than letting Korver go. They've been saddled with very low draft picks and once Rose signed his contract they were stuck cap wise. No use re-hashing the past, but they need to make it happen this year. They have no excuses.

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
would you officially throw in the towel as a Bulls fan?

I wouldn't blame the Bulls. They can't force a trade or a signing. I would expect the Bears to have a better shot at a Super Bowl win than an NBA championship for the Bulls at that point though.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
I will still be a Bulls fan, but I would consider completely tearing down the team and playing the lottery game for a few years, because the only way the current championship window stays open is if if Rose can return to form and the Bulls can add one more star, not just a role player.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I actually think if team stays as is, Rose will leave at his next opportunity. No way would he put up with a team that stands pat. He'll probably call up KD and some other young studs and figure out a place to go.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You are assuming rose comes back to form. Not as easy as you think coming off two major knee injuries

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are assuming rose comes back to form. Not as easy as you think coming off two major knee injuries
Name a player who came back from a meniscus tear and hasn't done fine

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Name a player who came back from a meniscus tear and hasn't done fine
From just a tear, players are usually fine, this is Rose's second knee injury though.

Btw the recent list includes
Russell Westbrook (seems fine)
JR Smith (recovered nicely)
Metta World Peace
Chase Budinger
Blake Griffin
Jeremy Lin
Eric Bledsoe
Andrew Bynum (has had a ton of knee injuries)
Chris Paul
Brandon Roy (Ton of knee issues, knowing Portland's medical staff, was probably rushed back too quickly)
Gilbert Arenas (came back too early from injury, had to have 3 other surgeries on his knee and his career was never the same again)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From just a tear, players are usually fine, this is Rose's second knee injury though.

Btw the recent list includes
Russell Westbrook (seems fine)
JR Smith (recovered nicely)
Metta World Peace
Chase Budinger
Blake Griffin
Jeremy Lin
Eric Bledsoe
Andrew Bynum (has had a ton of knee injuries)
Chris Paul
Brandon Roy (Ton of knee issues, knowing Portland's medical staff, was probably rushed back too quickly)
Gilbert Arenas (came back too early from injury, had to have 3 other surgeries on his knee and his career was never the same again)
3/11 is odds I'm willing to take. Rose looked fine physically after the ACL tear and he's coming back from a completely different injury this time. One that's a lot less severe and one that a lot of players have recovered successfully from. Also different knee, though it sucks that now both his knees have an injury history. I'm not worried about a meniscus tear though, especially given that he repaired it. He's not Brandon Roy...yet

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3/11 is odds I'm willing to take. Rose looked fine physically after the ACL tear and he's coming back from a completely different injury this time. One that's a lot less severe and one that a lot of players have recovered successfully from. Also different knee, though it sucks that now both his knees have an injury history. I'm not worried about a meniscus tear though, especially given that he repaired it. He's not Brandon Roy...yet

Well what Rose has on Roy and Arenas is that he's had plenty of recovery time while those guys rushed back from their injuries. Andrew Bynum is of course your typical big man with a lot of injuries, so Rose also has that on him. Chris Paul and Westbrook, play the same position as Rose, and have recovered very nicely from their injuries... So Rose also has that going for him. Its not all doom and gloom, but there is a reason to stay cautious concerning him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well what Rose has on Roy and Arenas is that he's had plenty of recovery time while those guys rushed back from their injuries. Andrew Bynum is of course your typical big man with a lot of injuries, so Rose also has that on him. Chris Paul and Westbrook, play the same position as Rose, and have recovered very nicely from their injuries... So Rose also has that going for him. Its not all doom and gloom, but there is a reason to stay cautious concerning him.
I agree. I think Rose can come back and still be good, it's just a matter of will he be MVP good. That's an entirely different question, but it's the most important one. There's also the risk that he ends up like DWade and has chronic knee issues, but having repaired the meniscus that shouldn't be an issue.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree. I think Rose can come back and still be good, it's just a matter of will he be MVP good. That's an entirely different question, but it's the most important one. There's also the risk that he ends up like DWade and has chronic knee issues, but having repaired the meniscus that shouldn't be an issue.
Didn't Wade have a meniscus tear as well? He went the shaved option which allowed him to come back sooner but likely ruined his knee for his career down the road, which is probably what we're seeing now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't Wade have a meniscus tear as well? He went the shaved option which allowed him to come back sooner but likely ruined his knee for his career down the road, which is probably what we're seeing now.
Yeah Wade shaved it. I believe Roy and MWP did that as well. We see what happened to them. Rose should be theoretically be more healthy long term because he didn't do the same thing, but the problem is that now both his knees have had injuries. He shouldn't have future issues like that, but you never know.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah Wade shaved it. I believe Roy and MWP did that as well. We see what happened to them. Rose should be theoretically be more healthy long term because he didn't do the same thing, but the problem is that now both his knees have had injuries. He shouldn't have future issues like that, but you never know.
Well MWP was at the back end of his career, so no surprise there..

Roy I think is a victim of the Blazers horrible medical team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well MWP was at the back end of his career, so no surprise there..

Roy I think is a victim of the Blazers horrible medical team.
True, MWP was basically screwed regardless. I think Roy got his shaved off back in college so that's outside the Blazers crappy staff. I forget if Roy had some other issues with his knee which also contributed to his early demise. It definitely wasn't just a meniscus thing that did him in.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
True, MWP was basically screwed regardless. I think Roy got his shaved off back in college so that's outside the Blazers crappy staff. I forget if Roy had some other issues with his knee which also contributed to his early demise. It definitely wasn't just a meniscus thing that did him in.
I dunno this said a slight tear happened in 2010:

On April 11, 2010, Roy injured his right knee. Magnetic resonance imaging that night confirmed a right knee bone contusion (bone bruise) and on April 12, further examination of the MRI showed a slight meniscus tear. Roy underwent surgery on April 16 and was expected to miss at least the first round of the 2010 NBA Playoffs, but returned for Game 4 after eight days of recovery time to lead the Blazers to a win.[SUP][40][/SUP][SUP][41][/SUP]

Other knee injuries already had started at that time though. He had cartilage issues plaguing him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dunno this said a slight tear happened in 2010:

Other knee injuries already had started at that time though. He had cartilage issues plaguing him.
Hmm I guess I remember wrong then. Might've been the cartilage stuff in college and then the meniscus thing was the final straw or something like that. Point is, it wasn't just the meniscus that ruined his career, he had a lot of prior stuff before that contributed. That's not really the case with Rose so we don't necessarily have to fear that he'll have a similar fate.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
OK I'm back to what to do if they whiff.

Just amnestying Boozer is the easy play and then seeing who else opts out to play behind Taj and then what kind of tall shooting 2 guard is available. Now I'll give up on trading Boozer 15 minutes after they officially amnesty him so.

What about a sign and trade with the Lakers and Gasol for 1 or 2 years at a reasonable price? He's obviously not going to expect a huge contract maybe he'd like to have a chance to win again. They've only got like 3 players but they could throw in some misc contracts to match Boozer. If they don't get Anthony or James they do still have to assemble a team and play the games while they wait for the next round of free agency. No point in force feeding Randle, let him play behind Boozer for a year and learn the NBA game.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't blame the Bulls. They can't force a trade or a signing. I would expect the Bears to have a better shot at a Super Bowl win than an NBA championship for the Bulls at that point though.

Really? You're letting this FO off the hook after years and years of mediocrity and futility? The Bulls should have added another scorer years ago. They chose not to because they thought defense would win them a championship. Every other team in the league understands that stars win championships, not defense. Why is it other teams are able to make moves and acquire impact players, but the Bulls cannot? The Bulls FO has a pathological aversion to risk of any kind, that's why. Always going for the "safe" picks, the "safe" FAs, not willing to move "safe" players to get a star or lottery pick. In short, the Bulls have no balls.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'll always be a Bulls fan, when they suck I just stop watching the NBA until they are at least competitive again. If/When GarPax fails to sign either of the two guys that would make this team title favorites, I will wait for them to sign a solid backup and hold a press conference to let us know how hard they tried and how excited they are about the new guys they are bringing in.

I expect both to be fired if the team is ejected in the first round again.