Overall draft grade

What's your overall draft grade?

• Total voters

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Here's you defending the players - do I see a bit of a defense of Kindle Vildor? 🤣

The highlighted area is an absolute gem of yours!

View attachment 38307

So while others are watching football, you're keeping a journal of everyone who disgarees with you? You must have a big scrapbook.

Be sure and tag my posts from this weekend. But promise you'll bring them up no matter what, because we know you cherry pick the times someone else gets it wrong and you don't.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am legit curious. Why did you pick Jonah Ellis as the "should have" guy?

Were you high on him pre-draft? Is there something specific about Ellis you really liked?
Or are you just picking his name because he went immediately after a Bears pick, and therefore was available?

Why not use Gabriel Murphy as an example? He was rated higher on several boards (websites, not teams) Is it because Gabriel Murphy went undrafted?

Austin Booker was rated higher as well by some, including NFL.com, and the Bears got him 69 picks later.

Had the Bears drafted Ellis at 75 as you wish they had, what about OL?

How do you determine these "random" and "objective" picks after the draft?

Not trying to dog you out, but I am legit curious when it comes to those constantly criticizing the GM after the fact saying what they "should have done" as though they have the benefit of the hindsight you are using.

Why are these opinions formed after the draft?

Not that Brugler is the end all, be all. But, I would throw out there that he also had Booker rated higher than both Trice and Ellis. So, you theoretically got at least a similarly graded talent in the 5th.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was expecting earlier picks that could help bolster OL/DL, not only during the draft but all offseason. Our skill group has improved by 100% but the trenches are pretty much the same as they were at the end of last season

OL is improved. New tackle. Two new IOL. And a couple new depth vets.

DL is worse and the thing that worries me most about this team.

Canth

Liked Posts:
OL is improved. New tackle. Two new IOL. And a couple new depth vets.

DL is worse and the thing that worries me most about this team.

I agree that the OL is improved. It's not world beating, but I think it should be serviceable. That, combined with all the weapons on offense means that you should have a functional offense - as long as Williams generally stays within the timing of the play.

I don't know that the DL is worse than last year, but it certainly has the most question marks. The Bears are clearly expecting some sort of jump from Dexter and Pickens in the middle. If that happens, maybe they can stay about the same. I would expect them to still sign a veteran now after the draft. The DL definitely has the most question marks for depth as well.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He hasn't even analyzed any tape beyond Caleb, whereas I have seen EVERY SNAP at this point. Was up all night trying to figure out this Booker mess but I'm starting to come around to him as a looooong term project unless they get him on some HGH.
He's analyzed exactly ZERO tape on Willilams too.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So while others are watching football, you're keeping a journal of everyone who disgarees with you? You must have a big scrapbook.

Be sure and tag my posts from this weekend. But promise you'll bring them up no matter what, because we know you cherry pick the times someone else gets it wrong and you don't.
A journal? You realize there's a search feature on the website, right?

And I won't tag your posts because I scroll past most of them (not worth reading).

And as if my infamous Mitch Trubisky post (after his rookie year) isn't cherry picked...there's literally over a hundred where I trash him, and just a few showing support.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A journal? You realize there's a search feature on the website, right?

And I won't tag your posts because I scroll past most of them (not worth reading).

And as if my infamous Mitch Trubisky post (after his rookie year) isn't cherry picked...there's literally over a hundred where I trash him, and just a few showing support.
The search feature on this site is horrible, produces very poor results even when you know exactly what you're looking for, doesn't go back over a year or two plus very well, and doesn't produce screenshots.

You're literally making dossiers on anyone that counters a post you make lol. Busted.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
B-

Caleb carries what should be a D. I like Odunze the player and prospect (he comps to a faster Allen Robinson without the preinjured knee), but WR3 at 9 was a completely unnecessary pick and a luxury, and just something we’d make fun of the lions for doing some 2 decades ago; holes everywhere on the roster? Take another WR.

He’ll be WR2 next year? Great! Who’s LDE1 this year? After Tez nobody on the DL can get home. I hope this kids a perennial 1000+ per year guy. He’s going to be called a bust when he finishes this year with 300-400 receiving yards.

The OL was a project player who’s got traits and measureables, but not really technique. Nice local story I suppose.

A punter at 122 was egregious, even if he is being called the Iowa Hawkeyes best offensive weapon. I’m not saying Trenton Gil was good or that they should keep him longterm, but punter at 122? That’s something a stupid football team with minimal picks does. Overreach.

The trade up for the edge I like. Booker feels like he should have gone a lot higher than 144 though. I wonder why.
You've missed the plot and are looking at it binary. Wr1 Wr2 ect.

Have a look at the way Waldron's offense opperated last year.
Screenshot_2024-04-28-15-25-04-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Spreading the ball around and keeping defenses honest. They can't concentrate on trying to shut down one player. It's a recipe for disaster.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope I can get over being threatened to not have my posts shit on with his patented football diarrhea.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
A- I thought Poles accomplished about what he could with the limited draft picks he had. I felt by default of having two top 10 picks there weren't many ways too screw this up. The lack of a DE until the 5th rd is the only knock, though I do like the upside of Booker. With the way the board fell, it was possible we could have traded back a few spots in the 1st and still landed the top edge rusher. At the same time, I understand the logic of giving your rookie QB a top 10 receiver to grow with is a good developmental move.

I am seriously excited to see how having an all-american punter improves the positioning of this team. One unfortunante aspect Fields had to deal with during his time here was having the worst average starting field position in the league. Now with an improved, tenacious defense and a punter to drop punts inside the 5, you think we would be much better in that department.

Overall, I think this team is in a good position to compete for an NFC championship. I think the window of opportunity is officially open.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Got a QB (hopefully), got the QB a long term WR (hopefully), should have an LT who's an upgrade to an LT who won't be worth his contract, got a 5th round EDGE who can possibly see the field. And a HOF punter.

And then there's Sweat, a couple starting centers, other interior oline and a RB. Not sure which trades took what but I know Sweat was the 2nd and a center and the edge were ultimately the 25 4th.

I think he spent this year wisely. I really don't judge 4th on except in hind sight, did they make the cut.
In Poles first draft he scored big with Braxton but wasted all but the 2 highest picks. I find it hard to say he actually did anything for the oline when most of the bodies he drafted never saw the field. And then there's VJJ who we wish would stop seeing the field.

For this year 1 and 2 are obvious. If 3 isn't an upgrade to Braxton = fail. If Austin Butler never contributes = fail. If the punter never sees the field = success.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If they can’t make it in the next 3 years as a solid competitive playoff team with the weapons they have now, plus the draft picks in 2025 and 2026, plus free agency, just sell the damn team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If they can’t make it in the next 3 years a a solid competitive playoff team with the weapons they have now, plus the draft picks in 2025 and 2026, plus free agency, just sell the damn team.

At first I thought you were saying playoffs next year (I do have hopes) but there's the rookie years being all over the place to demand that.

But in 3 years. Hell yeah.
Considering what we need I would expect this to be a whole team after '25. 1st round DE, 2nd DT/OL or C.
What is left for '26? Do we end up with a god RB because we have nothing else to spend it on?
Poles has the Bears legit set up to be a great team.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
At first I thought you were saying playoffs next year (I do have hopes) but there's the rookie years being all over the place to demand that.

But in 3 years. Hell yeah.
Considering what we need I would expect this to be a whole team after '25. 1st round DE, 2nd DT/OL or C.
What is left for '26? Do we end up with a god RB because we have nothing else to spend it on?
Poles has the Bears legit set up to be a great team.
2026, if we supposedly got have nothing to spend it on, which will not be the case, then spend it on good depth, where we are weak.

Always get as much top talent as you can.

Reactions: Myk