onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If I am mistsken about the dumb personnel decisions and points left on field then let me know. Until then not sure why I should accept Benny Cunningham as the best RB on 3rd and 1.

Once again you don't understand context. You're cherry picking game situations that are irrelevant to the outcome.

Great job!

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mizzell got 9 carries the entire season

He played meaningful snaps towards end of year and postseason. Played zero snaps first 8 weeks of season to 73 snaps 2nd half of season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Once again you don't understand context. You're cherry picking game situations that are irrelevant to the outcome.

Great job!

I already said it was irrelevant to outcome but the discussion was not about relevance to outcome. The discussion was regarding how many points they could have scored.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I already said it was irrelevant to outcome but the discussion was not about relevance to outcome. The discussion was regarding how many points they could have scored.

That's for college football fans to discuss.

They scored a considerable amount of points against the opponent. They actually dominated on both sides of the ball.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's for college football fans to discuss.

They scored a considerable amount of points against the opponent. They actually dominated on both sides of the ball.

If you don't wish to discuss it then you don't have to. I think they dominated on D and dominated some elements on O. Think they also left points on the field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In general, we have a problem completely burying teams and we let them linger. D thoroughly dominated Minny that last game so it didn't matter but when you watch the first Minny game or the Rams, or the Niners or the Eagles, we just let teams hang around too much which is a recipe for disaster when you have a shitty kicker. Going forward, the O needs to step up so we don't have so many one possession games.

I mean we won the TO battle against the Eagles 2-0. We gave up only 300 yards of offense. They scored only 16 points. How is it then that we could only muster 15 points? A lot of wasted opportunities is how and there were just too many of them over the course of the year and they caught up to us. We were ignoring them because we kept winning but you can't keep squandering opportunities on O before it eventually catches up to you.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If you don't wish to discuss it then you don't have to. I think they dominated on D and dominated some elements on O. Think they also left points on the field.

But they didn't leave points on the field though...I think that's the point you're missing

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
In general, we have a problem completely burying teams and we let them linger. D thoroughly dominated Minny that last game so it didn't matter but when you watch the first Minny game or the Rams, or the Niners or the Eagles, we just let teams hang around too much which is a recipe for disaster when you have a shitty kicker. Going forward, the O needs to step up so we don't have so many one possession games.

I mean we won the TO battle against the Eagles 2-0. We gave up only 300 yards of offense. They scored only 16 points. How is it then that we could only muster 15 points? A lot of wasted opportunities is how and there were just too many of them over the course of the year and they caught up to us. We were ignoring them because we kept winning but you can't keep squandering opportunities on O before it eventually catches up to you.

It's called the Eagles being the best red zone D in the league

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Remy cant let this thread die can he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But they didn't leave points on the field though...I think that's the point you're missing

When you fail to convert in the opponents territory and have to resort to a pooch point then IMO you have left points on the field.

It's called the Eagles being the best red zone D in the league

That doesn't mean they didn't waste opportunities. Yes, the other team tries to stop you from scoring. That is self evident.

Remy cant let this thread die can he?

Pretty sure I am not talking to myself.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
When you fail to convert in the opponents territory and have to resort to a pooch point then IMO you have left points on the field.

Umm...yeah...that’s not leaving points on the field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Umm...yeah...that’s not leaving points on the field.

Well I suppose there is always a chance Cody misses the FG but yeah we will have to agree to disagree. Would have been at Minny 20 if not for the penalty. And punting on 4 & 7 at the Minny 45 provides little benefit especially when they went on to score the TD anyway.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So you do realize you’ve just spelled out that your examples are not “leaving points on the field.”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you do realize you’ve just spelled out that your examples are not “leaving points on the field.”

No not really. Since leaving points on the field is not a defined term, it is clear you and I have different definitions of it. I can only use the term based on my definition not yours.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No not really. Since leaving points on the field is not a defined term, it is clear you and I have different definitions of it. I can only use the term based on my definition not yours.

It’s pretty apparent that my definition is more football sound.

Most football fans would disagree a drive that sputters out at the 45 is not leaving points on the field.

As has been stated before...you have problems understanding context

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
24 points....

Remy is using this thread to show CCS that he is a complete imbecile

We all know that though. Remy can’t have an intelligent football discussion with out going “we scored X amounts of points that would have made us the Oakland Raiders or a John Fox offense. Why are you okay with this” or “you seem confused” when everybody is confused because he talks out of his ass

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
We all know that though. Remy can’t have an intelligent football discussion with out going “we scored X amounts of points that would have made us the Oakland Raiders or a John Fox offense. Why are you okay with this” or “you seem confused” when everybody is confused because he talks out of his ass

Yeah it's interesting...first he says that 24 points would win the SB.

Then he says that when the Bears score 24 points they're leaving points on the field due to a stalled drive at midfield.

And for a dessert he uses...the "agree to disagree" excuse. When it gets to that point...his vortex has been dissipated due to a high pressure. But...he'll try to spawn something out of it.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's a good thing numbers don't actually speak.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s pretty apparent that my definition is more football sound.

Most football fans would disagree a drive that sputters out at the 45 is not leaving points on the field.

As has been stated before...you have problems understanding context

Except they could have converted and been down at the 20 if not for a penalty. Further punting at 4 & 7 at the 45 is statistically not the right move. A more aggressive coach probably goes for it there.