Pace and Nagy Year End Press Conference

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@remydat. Is the Saints offense inept now or do the Eagles just have a good defense?

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
I understand what remy is saying. The eagles had a bad secondary. Mitch did great against them in the second half. Nagy should have called plays to expose them in the first half. He didn’t. The Bears should have put more than 6 points on the board in the first half. They didn’t. Nagy was thinking the eagles were gonna try and stop the pass so he went with short passes and runs. It backfired. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
@remydat. Is the Saints offense inept now or do the Eagles just have a good defense?

The last 5 regular season games the Eagles gave up an average of 19 PPG. So it's pretty safe to say that they made offenses look "awful."

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I understand what remy is saying. The eagles had a bad secondary. Mitch did great against them in the second half. Nagy should have called plays to expose them in the first half. He didn’t. The Bears should have put more than 6 points on the board in the first half. They didn’t. Nagy was thinking the eagles were gonna try and stop the pass so he went with short passes and runs. It backfired. Oh well.

I thought in the first half they didn't really establish the run, plus their LBs & CBs weren't missing tackles at all. Bradham seemed to be the perfect spy against Trubisky (it didn't help that Trubisky tweaked his hammy in the 1st half). They made some decent adjustments in the second half to liven up their offense. But I kind of thought it was planned like a 1st year HC in their playoff game.

So all in all...the game kind of went like I thought it would. I didn't particularly want the outcome and IF they did win, Nagy would have to figure in a few wrinkles against the Rams and not have Kyle Long block Donald one on one.

And Eddie Jackson would have to come back. He was probably a huge reason that the game turned out the way it did. Seemed like Fuller was pretty much left on an island against Jeffrey, which probably wouldn't have been the case with Jackson in the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They were awful for a lot of the game last week but they were a wee bit better than the Bears which is the difference between playing this week and watching the games at home like the rest of us. If they shit the bed against the Rams then yeah you can say they have been a bit inept towards the end of the season as they scored 10 against the Cowboys and 12 against the Panthers to go along with 20 against Eagles. Not exactly lighting it up and another mediocre performance would suggest the O is not performing at peak level. I am ignoring the 14 they point up with Teddy as obviously they were not going all out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A wee bit worse than the Saints O? I'll drink a wee dram to that.:beer:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bad secondaries can be exposed easily...except when the DL is manhandling the opposing OL removing the running game completely and collapsing the pocket on a regular basis.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But five more points os playoff worthy? Would 18 points be right in the middle?

One of the best O's scores only 20pts and is playoff worthy. Bears middling O puts up 15, (18 with made easy FG), but isn't worthy. Interesting.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bad secondaries can be exposed easily...except when the DL is manhandling the opposing OL removing the running game completely and collapsing the pocket on a regular basis.

Both Trubs and Mahommes had 12 pressures on 48 dropbacks ie 25%. Drew Brees had 15 pressures on 43 dropbacks ie 35%. Think the effect of pressure is being exaggerated a bit here.

One of the best O's scores only 20pts and is playoff worthy. Bears middling O puts up 15, (18 with made easy FG), but isn't worthy. Interesting.

No one said the Saints O was playoff worthy against the Eagles. In fact, I already said they had a shitty game too.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

I find it funny his parameters for a "playoff worthy offense."

It's right up there with ESPN's QBR.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Vortex is still going strong I see

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
20-24 points...hoisting the SB trophy!

20 points=not playoff worthy offense.

We have an inept offense and terrible special teams but I’m still gonna cunt over not winning the SB bc for some reason I think that having 1 elite unit and 2 inept units = SB champions

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
We have an inept offense and terrible special teams but I’m still gonna cunt over not winning the SB bc for some reason I think that having 1 elite unit and 2 inept units = SB champions

You need to bitch about Nagy not winning a SB in his first year as HC...after inheriting a last place team.

Which is something that has never happened in the SB era.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You need to bitch about Nagy not winning a SB in his first year as HC...after inheriting a last place team.

Which is something that has never happened in the SB era.

God that fucking idiot. It’s like during the regular season I bitch about Nagy being way too gimmicky and then in the playoffs I bitch that he wasn’t gimmicky enough and too conservative. We might as well have John Fox as our HC.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
God that fucking idiot. It’s like during the regular season I bitch about Nagy being way too gimmicky and then in the playoffs I bitch that he wasn’t gimmicky enough and too conservative. We might as well have John Fox as our HC.

I'm confused. Are you wanting John Fox back or just be more conservative...so our offense isn't inept?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm confused. Are you wanting John Fox back or just be more conservative...so our offense isn't inept?

And that ladies and gentleman is how the vortex works

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Was John Fox really conservative or was he sporadically aggressive?