Pace hate?!

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
So gotta ask, do the pace haters still hate? Or did he finally win your respect. I know he won mine and I'll trust him till the end. (I never was a Pace hater)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll continue to evaluate him objectively like I always have. Criticize him for shit moves and praise him for good ones. Yesterday was one of the good ones. Props to him for having the balls to go after Mack. If Truberisky is the franchise guy and takes us to multiple Super Bowl victories, then I'll trust him till the end.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a homer now, so bare with me. I'm really excited about the defense next year, and have always been on the fence with Pace...but...

Can you imagine how people will view this deal if we miss the playoffs the next two years? Did Jared Allen and Julius Peppers work wonders for Minnesota and the Bears? And Mack is 27 years old. We got three years to do something. Most of these guys decline at 30 and hit the wall at 32. And we won't be adding through the draft. This team is what it is THIS year.

If we don't turn the corner and become a REAL Super Bowl contender it's very easy for me to see this deal being considered a historically bad one.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Well, ya gotta admit, Pace ain't afraid to make big moves. This one looks like a good one.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm a homer now, so bare with me. I'm really excited about the defense next year, and have always been on the fence with Pace...but...

Can you imagine how people will view this deal if we miss the playoffs the next two years? Did Jared Allen and Julius Peppers work wonders for Minnesota and the Bears? And Mack is 27 years old. We got three years to do something. Most of these guys decline at 30 and hit the wall at 32. And we won't be adding through the draft. This team is what it is THIS year.

If we don't turn the corner and become a REAL Super Bowl contender it's very easy for me to see this deal being considered a historically bad one.

Quit being a scared little bitch. “What if bad things happen” STFU

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Peppers first year with the Bears they went to the NFC Championship game. He had a huge hand in that. They only have four picks (possibly five with the Hall trade) next year but in 2020 they start with two 2nd round picks. Plus, they have a 4th, two 5th rounders, a 6th and a 7th.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So gotta ask, do the pace haters still hate? Or did he finally win your respect. I know he won mine and I'll trust him till the end. (I never was a Pace hater)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still hate him. Worst GM ever.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Raiders Fans are hatin the fuck out of him right now-

Pace has always had my respect- What nitwits don't get is when you build the organization from the ground up - it takes time

You are more right on this then you even know....i still hate him though.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

To begin with, it is 30 years when running backs hit the wall. There is no such data for pass rushers.

For your information, I took some of the all time sack leaders and gave amount of years that they had 10+ sacks in their 30th year or above. If your belief is true, they should have a maximum of 2 years with 10+ sacks.

Bruce Smith (7 years)
Reggie White (6 years)
Kevin Greene (7 years)
Chris Doleman (5 years)
Michael Strahan (4 years)
John Abraham (4 years)
Terrell Suggs (3 years)
Julius Peppers (4 years)
Jason Taylor (3 years) your best one - last 10+ was at age 33
John Randle (4 years)

Seeing that Mack is on the right path to the Hall of Fame, it is pretty safe to say that he will be effective for at least 6 more years. In reality, most of the players that had 10+ sacks after the age of 29 above had 10+ sacks when they were 35 or older so he should be effect for about a decade more.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wheres EggFace ? I mean EggBritches when he should be TELLIN Us ALL he just ate a flock of CROW ????

The fugger is hidin behind his other alts..... Tostada, Colliers Spanish-English dictionary .... and Warden of the East ?? His right hand suckup ?? Come on Ommie fess up. Let Pace have his due. What a friggin transformation that will be unveiled Sunday night. From Top to Bottom !!! Give him credit and you gain Respect R E S P E C T Bro

Washington

Liked Posts:
So when people don't agree with every move a GM makes, that makes them a hater?

I will continue to praise Pace for what I think were good moves and call him out for what I consider to be bad moves. You know, being realistic and objective. Until this team actually achieves mediocrity again, they have accomplished nothing. It is 100% about wins and loses period. You don't win games on paper. If Pace's QB fails, he and the team fails. There is lots to play out still. I am rooting for success. I really want to see a good football team in Chi again. It has been very dismal as a fan of over 50 years.

Monster

Liked Posts:
His biggest move by far is Nagy.... I will judge him on how that works out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
To begin with, it is 30 years when running backs hit the wall. There is no such data for pass rushers.

For your information, I took some of the all time sack leaders and gave amount of years that they had 10+ sacks in their 30th year or above. If your belief is true, they should have a maximum of 2 years with 10+ sacks.

Bruce Smith (7 years)
Reggie White (6 years)
Kevin Greene (7 years)
Chris Doleman (5 years)
Michael Strahan (4 years)
John Abraham (4 years)
Terrell Suggs (3 years)
Julius Peppers (4 years)
Jason Taylor (3 years) your best one - last 10+ was at age 33
John Randle (4 years)

Seeing that Mack is on the right path to the Hall of Fame, it is pretty safe to say that he will be effective for at least 6 more years. In reality, most of the players that had 10+ sacks after the age of 29 above had 10+ sacks when they were 35 or older so he should be effect for about a decade more.

Thanks for doing the research. I'm to busy/lazy to bother getting that involved.

Yes, if Mack turns out to be a top ten all time pass rusher, and we turn into a VALID Super Bowl contender, I'd say the deal was worth it.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The obligatory "Pace is an idiot" posts will come the first time MACK has a game without a sack, during free agency when we have no cap space, and during the draft when we have no 1st round picks..

Haters are going to hate..I swear some on here cheer for the Bears to do bad year after year just to say they were right