Pace isn't going to survive

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is so much wrong with the post above it's scary. I'm not sure there's even a clue to buy at this point.

Really, I agreed with nearly everything except that I still think White can develop into a high end number two. If he does that, Millenheads will forever tell us it's not Paces fault and if he hadn't broke his leg he could give us the 95 receptions and 1400 yards 3 years in a row that would justify a #7 pick.

He was never in the class of Bryant, Julio, Owens, cj that warrant the value. And I hate to hammer this home, he was never in and likely never will be in the class of a crabtree who did far more in college, has way better body control, receiver understanding, and way way way better hands.

It's not hindsight. I said this on day 1. On day 1 I loved Pace for Goldman and Bullard. Big school dominant line leaders. I was wrong about Howard, though after seeing his first start of course I saw the gumbi legs with power and high motor. I'm not just a Pace hater.

But I've just about given up on his big picture planning and decision making. He makes really really fucktard decisions to go with some good scouting.
He needed another 10-20 years behind the scenes, imo.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I didn't give a fuck when I found out santa wasn't real. Either way, all this bitching and moaning about pace is old and tired already. It's not even a full 3 years in the rebuild and when he took over, most expected a few years to turn it around. We'll see how it turns out but you obviously don't judge a GM after 2.5 seasons. The emotions and self assured opinions of doomsday, without leaving any room for being wrong is hilarious yet cringe worthy.

Year three of a five year contract. One would expect to see signs of improvement, not regression. One would think A gm would be true to his word, not just a bunch of oral flatulence about drafting a QB every year, or being aggressive in FA, only to fail to deliver.

The Bears have finished last in the NFC North for three consecutive seasons and failed to reach the playoffs in nine of the last 10 years. Over the last 20 years, only the Bills and Browns have made fewer playoff appearances. The time for patience is over. The time to see tangle results is NOW!. Those results don't come with craptastic acquisitions in FA, A starting QB duo of Glennon and butt fumble.

"We're going to be aggressive and calculated," Pace said. "We're in a position to do so. We'll have a clear understanding of our roster and where our needs are and where we want to add to each position."

pffftttt

""I'm extremely disappointed in this season. But I'm honestly excited going forward. My message to Bears fans is simple: We're going to get better. We will improve. I hear you. But I also understand this is just talk and we've got to show actions. We've got to show results. I fully get that."

Putt up or shut up time is this year. End of story.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Really, I agreed with nearly everything except that I still think White can develop into a high end number two. If he does that, Millenheads will forever tell us it's not Paces fault and if he hadn't broke his leg he could give us the 95 receptions and 1400 yards 3 years in a row that would justify a #7 pick.

He was never in the class of Bryant, Julio, Owens, cj that warrant the value. And I hate to hammer this home, he was never in and likely never will be in the class of a crabtree who did far more in college, has way better body control, receiver understanding, and way way way better hands.

It's not hindsight. I said this on day 1. On day 1 I loved Pace for Goldman and Bullard. Big school dominant line leaders. I was wrong about Howard, though after seeing his first start of course I saw the gumbi legs with power and high motor. I'm not just a Pace hater.

But I've just about given up on his big picture planning and decision making. He makes really really fucktard decisions to go with some good scouting.
He needed another 10-20 years behind the scenes, imo.

Whites body control is outstanding. Any legitimate football mind has said as much. Stop with your nonsense so Early, please.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whites body control is outstanding. Any legitimate football mind has said as much. Stop with your nonsense so Early, please.

Whoever said that is illegitimate. He runs goofy, he doesn't high point anything like Jeffery, he doesn't really play the ball well in the air. He shows none of the skills of a premiere wide receiver in college, he did make a few nice red zone catches, not so much tracking the ball well with his body, but shielding effectively and tracking with long arms/hands.

He is only 6'2 and change, he isn't that "quick." Which makes the pick stupider than I guess I can effectively explain. Blue in the face. Have a nice 2017 season Millenheads.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rask is actually Bill Polian. So he knows his stuff.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Personally I didn't give a fuck when I found out santa wasn't real. Either way, all this bitching and moaning about pace is old and tired already. It's not even a full 3 years in the rebuild and when he took over, most expected a few years to turn it around. We'll see how it turns out but you obviously don't judge a GM after 2.5 seasons. The emotions and self assured opinions of doomsday, without leaving any room for being wrong is hilarious yet cringe worthy.

A ridiculous myth perpetuated by fan-boys defending their boy. A GM can and should be measured at ALL times, including 2.5 days, 2.5 weeks, 2.5 months, and yes, 2.5 years. Every action and non-action along the way is recorded and analyzed.

Obviously with the passage of time you get more data points (i.e., larger sample size), but opinions can be formed at any juncture.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Whoever said that is illegitimate. He runs goofy, he doesn't high point anything like Jeffery, he doesn't really play the ball well in the air. He shows none of the skills of a premiere wide receiver in college, he did make a few nice red zone catches, not so much tracking the ball well with his body, but shielding effectively and tracking with long arms/hands.

He is only 6'2 and change, he isn't that "quick." Which makes the pick stupider than I guess I can effectively explain. Blue in the face. Have a nice 2017 season Millenheads.

He high points plenty. You're just too "high" to understand what you're watching. You've goofed on so many evaluations leading up to this it's frightening. I don't know why I'm even surprised by this.