Pace just keeps getting piled on..

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Just read this article, I'm thinking the writer doesn't have much faith in Pace when it comes to evaluating offensive talent via the draft.

Here is a screenshot of every offensive draft pick the Bears have made since 2015. Those boxed in red are ones that Pace traded up to get. Darnell Mooney is excluded because he’s a rookie and it is too early to assess. It's not a pretty list. Facts are facts. The Bears have made 17 picks outside of 2020 on the offensive side of the ball. They have yet to produce a single superstar player of any kind. Guys like Jordan Howard, Cody Whitehair, Tarik Cohen, James Daniels, Anthony Miller, and David Montgomery can be classified as “okay.” Yet nobody would mistake them for franchise guys. Credit due, he has found some gems on the defensive side, however, it takes a complete team to field a consistently good team and Pace simply hasn't gotten the job done.

Have to agree, not exactly an awe-inspiring list, however, not as bad as the writer suggest, I do agree Pace has do better on that side of the ball. Guess I won't hold my breath come draft day, it's always interesting with this guy.

Freestar

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its not that bad. Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Cody Whitehair, James Daniels, David Montgomery, Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet are all good picks. Anthony Miller showed so much promise I cannot imagine that he would not have achieved more if he weren't stuck in wide receiver hell.

Pace's drafting is not the problem. He had a bit of a rough start but he seems to have learned how to do it, eventually people will have to stop holding a draft that happened six years ago against him.

This is what's frustrating about Ryan Pace though. He's very good at some things but I don't think he very often has much of a plan. And when he does have a plan you wish he hadn't. If Pace hadn't made the absolute most out of these last two drafts despite having a very limited selection of picks they probably win one or two fewer games last year and both he and Nagy are out of a job. In a way I'm kind of glad he's getting one more draft before he inevitably finds himself out of the Bears front office next January, it will probably set the Bears up very well for the future.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch, White, Shaheen and AntMill are all huge busts. No way around that.

Whitehair is a solid player and Daniels looks to be solid as well when he's healthy.

I would say Monty has been more than "OK". I mean he was 5th in yards from scrimage last year for the league. That's certainly more than OK.

Howard and Cohen have done well for mid round picks.

Mooney had a solid rookie season. Kmet I'll put in the too soon to tell group.

He's obviously done much better at defense. Needs to nail a first rounder.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Pace literally sucks with the his first round Pick - and QB evaluation in general.

You could almost argue he had no choice but to draft Roqan so he got lucky there imo.

Otherwise, I think he's better than average.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Mitch, White, Shaheen and AntMill are all huge busts. No way around that.

Whitehair is a solid player and Daniels looks to be solid as well when he's healthy.

I would say Monty has been more than "OK". I mean he was 5th in yards from scrimage last year for the league. That's certainly more than OK.

Howard and Cohen have done well for mid round picks.

Mooney had a solid rookie season. Kmet I'll put in the too soon to tell group.

He's obviously done much better at defense. Needs to nail a first rounder.
Miller is far from a huge bust. Most receivers drafted in the 2nd rd turn out to be average, which is what Miller has been with the worst QBs in the league throwing him the football.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Miller's problem is his brane. That's Pace's problem, too. That was also Mitch's problem.

Pace, you fucking shitbird, GO DRAFT A QB WITH A FUCKING BRANE! JUST DRAFT A FUCKING QB!

If Dalton is it, I'm bailing on the 2021 Bears pretty quickly and calling for Pace and Nagy's heads. God dammit. I'm so mad at fucking Minnesota and Jacksonville. Like they couldn't fucking beat this shit team and get Nagy and Pace fired? Fuck those idiots.

Username

Liked Posts:
Miller's problem is his brane. That's Pace's problem, too. That was also Mitch's problem.

Pace, you fucking shitbird, GO DRAFT A QB WITH A FUCKING BRANE! JUST DRAFT A FUCKING QB!

If Dalton is it, I'm bailing on the 2021 Bears pretty quickly and calling for Pace and Nagy's heads. God dammit. I'm so mad at fucking Minnesota and Jacksonville. Like they couldn't fucking beat this shit team and get Nagy and Pace fired? Fuck those idiots.

brane

noun
PHYSICS

1. an extended object with any given number of dimensions, of which strings in string theory are examples with one dimension. Our universe is a 3-brane.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You don't have to like R.Pace to be able to say he's actually done pretty damn good with his drafting on offense and defense. The only issue on offense is missing big on Trubisky and K.White having the injury issues to not even be able to get his career going.

C.Whitehair and J.Daniels are both good starting level players he got in the 2nd round and traded down twice in the 2nd round and still got Whitehair.

Monty (3rd), Howard (5th), Cohen (4th) were all great picks especially the rounds he got each in.

A.Miller is just a moron between the ears and doesn't have great hands but he's got plenty of talent and has made multiple great catches for us.

D.Mooney we can absolutely say is a huge steal in the 5th round.

C.Kmet looks like he's gonna be a good TE but i'll say the jury is still out on that one.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh BuT HeS gReAt PiCkINg In ThE ThIrD rOuND

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
You don't have to like R.Pace to be able to say he's actually done pretty damn good with his drafting on offense and defense. The only issue on offense is missing big on Trubisky and K.White having the injury issues to not even be able to get his career going.

C.Whitehair and J.Daniels are both good starting level players he got in the 2nd round and traded down twice in the 2nd round and still got Whitehair.

Monty (3rd), Howard (5th), Cohen (4th) were all great picks especially the rounds he got each in.

A.Miller is just a moron between the ears and doesn't have great hands but he's got plenty of talent and has made multiple great catches for us.

D.Mooney we can absolutely say is a huge steal in the 5th round.

C.Kmet looks like he's gonna be a good TE but i'll say the jury is still out on that one.
But, the league runs on stars, and the bears don’t have any. Name any player on the bears that scare opposing coordinators.....other than AR, and he didn’t draft him....

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace does okay getting platoon players.

I consistently say that some of the players look good because they are on a weak roster.

His drafting as lead to 7 wins vs winning teams since 2016. I’ll give him a pass on the 2015 season.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
None. What's your point here? The bears should keep a shitty gm because the next one might also be shitty?
My point... it will not matter until Teddy is fired. He keeps picking bad Gm's.