Pace should get day 1 starter in round 2

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
The amount of talent that will fall into the early second round is historic this year. If we don't get a day 1 starter, Pace has wiffed big time. Take a look at the players rated in 30-45 range. So much talent at positions of need for us. I doubt Robinson or Tabor fall that far, but if either did, I'm running to the podium to put the pick in.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686251-2017-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-updated-rankings

30 Teez Tabor CB Florida
31 Sidney Jones CB Washington
32 Jarrad Davis LB Florida
33 John Ross WR Washington
34 Montravius Adams DL Auburn
35 Caleb Brantley DL Florida
36 D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
37 Cam Robinson T Alabama
38 Dan Feeney G Indiana
39 Justin Evans S Texas A&M
40 Budda Baker S Washington
41 Joe Mathis EDGE Washington
42 Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio State
43 T.J. Watt EDGE Wisconsin
44 Desmond King S Iowa
45 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
46 David Njoku TE Miami

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Personally, I think Pace should get a day 1 starter in every round this year. That would be awesome. And there's insane talent that falls into the second round every year, even the third, and the fourth, etc. This is nothing new. Pace needs to just trust his board and continue to go BPA.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Every GM should get a starter in rounds 1 and 2 if they are any good at their jobs.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Tabor ranked at #30. He's the best CB in the draft.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
If Pace doesn't come out of the first 3 rounds with starters he failed. When you pick as high as the Bears do it shouldn't be hard.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Pace's draft history (though it is only two drafts) indicates he swings for the fences with high ceiling players in the first round, then aims for solid talent with high floors in the second. While some may criticize his first round choices, he seems to have a good sense for good talent in the second round. I trust him to pick up some quality there (especially if he nabs a DB).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Pace doesn't come out of the first 3 rounds with starters he failed. When you pick as high as the Bears do it shouldn't be hard.

This is a little crazy, Smokey. Usually if you nab 2starters in any given draft, it's considered a pretty good draft. 3 starters within the 1st 3 rounds would be a hell of a draft. As of today, it looks like Pace nailed the draft last season...but no one should expect that to be common place.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I could pick a day one starter in the 2nd by drawing a defensive back's name out of a hat.

I would hope that my name is in that hat. I would be a significant upgrade at free safety merely by lining up 25 yards away from the LOS and do nothing but backpedal after the snap.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
The amount of talent that will fall into the early second round is historic this year. If we don't get a day 1 starter, Pace has wiffed big time. Take a look at the players rated in 30-45 range. So much talent at positions of need for us. I doubt Robinson or Tabor fall that far, but if either did, I'm running to the podium to put the pick in.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686251-2017-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-updated-rankings

30 Teez Tabor CB Florida
31 Sidney Jones CB Washington
32 Jarrad Davis LB Florida
33 John Ross WR Washington
34 Montravius Adams DL Auburn
35 Caleb Brantley DL Florida
36 D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
37 Cam Robinson T Alabama
38 Dan Feeney G Indiana
39 Justin Evans S Texas A&M
40 Budda Baker S Washington
41 Joe Mathis EDGE Washington
42 Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio State
43 T.J. Watt EDGE Wisconsin
44 Desmond King S Iowa
45 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
46 David Njoku TE Miami

Cam Robinson will not be there in the 2nd round, but yes, if SOMEHOW, he did. I'd take him over any other player available.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Anyone like the idea of using one of our two 4th rd picks with our 3rd to get back up into the mid 20's of round 2?
Rd 2 seems to be a sweet spot lately (Goldman and Whitehair) vs not much value in rd 3 ( Grasu and Bullard).

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
The drafting of Goldman and Whitehair indicates he's got a good chance of finding us another early starter in round 2.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
This is a little crazy, Smokey. Usually if you nab 2starters in any given draft, it's considered a pretty good draft. 3 starters within the 1st 3 rounds would be a hell of a draft. As of today, it looks like Pace nailed the draft last season...but no one should expect that to be common place.

The third round pick is essentially a second with how high the Bears pick.The draft is deep with talent and the Bears roster lacks it. I see no reason to not land a starter in the first three picks.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I have been impressed with his picks so far in the second rounds, Hopefully he hits another triple this year!

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
fwiw, only three players drafted in the 2nd last year started all sixteen games:

Sterling Shepard, NYG. Odell Beckham's tantrum was the highlight of a boring wildcard weekend.

Emmanuel Ogbah and Cody Whitehair, whose shit tier teams combined for four wins.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could pick a day one starter in the 2nd by drawing a defensive back's name out of a hat.

Have a feeling that many Secondary players you feel are day 2 picks, will be off the board. Have a feeling there is going to be a huge run on DB's this year. JMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anyone like the idea of using one of our two 4th rd picks with our 3rd to get back up into the mid 20's of round 2?
Rd 2 seems to be a sweet spot lately (Goldman and Whitehair) vs not much value in rd 3 ( Grasu and Bullard).

If the right player is sitting there that can help our team i'd absolutely trade back into middle to late part of the 2nd round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The third round pick is essentially a second with how high the Bears pick.The draft is deep with talent and the Bears roster lacks it. I see no reason to not land a starter in the first three picks.

Of course you don't. It seems to me like you're already setting up a way to come back here after the draft to complain about R.Pace, but i do think he can come away from this draft with 3 day one starters so hopefully you won't get that chance to come back and complain about him.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Of course you don't. It seems to me like you're already setting up a way to come back here after the draft to complain about R.Pace, but i do think he can come away from this draft with 3 day one starters so hopefully you won't get that chance to come back and complain about him.

I have supported Pace and think he has done a great job in the draft. Please find where I have complained about the job Pace has done. You're such a potato.