Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you consider White, Grasu, and Langford lost causes I agree.

Langford may still hold some value as a change of pace backup. But the other 2 look grim

I'm not projecting past this season, though my confidence in this draft producing any playmaker is waning really fast.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White was just beginning to look like he was getting his legs under him and gaining some swagger out there then he went paper mache mode.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
I'm not projecting past this season, though my confidence in this draft producing any playmaker is waning really fast.
I feel the same. Eddie Goldman seems to be the only potential difference-maker. Amos has only really accomplished not being terrible

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I never said it makes the team better. You said his 2015 draft was horrendous, I said horrendous was a strong word.

You want to see a horrendous draft, go look at Jerry Angelo's 2007 draft.

LOL. If Angelo drafted these guys, he'd be getting murdered right now over the injuries. I still don't understand the lauding Pace got when the Bears signed him, NO roster is hot garbage. Then, he drafts guys that are looking like they have less and less value with each passing week. Emery did better bringing in talent than Pace has done so far. For a team that's supposedly in a "full" rebuild, the Bears can't exactly afford to throw away entire drafts on depth picks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
White was just beginning to look like he was getting his legs under him and gaining some swagger out there then he went paper mache mode.

Maybe that's why they broke.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
LOL. If Angelo drafted these guys, he'd be getting murdered right now over the injuries. I still don't understand the lauding Pace got when the Bears signed him, NO roster is hot garbage. Then, he drafts guys that are looking like they have less and less value with each passing week. Emery did better bringing in talent than Pace has done so far. For a team that's supposedly in a "full" rebuild, the Bears can't exactly afford to throw away entire drafts on depth picks.

Agreed 100%. I'm the biggest Emery supporter on this board.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed 100%. I'm the biggest Emery supporter on this board.

If you are #1 I guess I am #2. I still loved what Emery did with the roster. I really wish he had not picked Trestman as HC. He would still be here even with his horrid Shea McClellin pick and re-signing Cutler.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
A huge problem for the Bears is the fact that these past 5-7 drafts have been thrown away because of new regimes and coaches have come in.

Find he right coaches and then draft with the added bonus of continuity!

This organization is a joke and it starts from the top! You don't fix that then the rest is a moot point

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A huge problem for the Bears is the fact that these past 5-7 drafts have been thrown away because of new regimes and coaches have come in.

Find he right coaches and then draft with the added bonus of continuity!

This organization is a joke and it starts from the top! You don't fix that then the rest is a moot point

Cut the head off the snake.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Did either Grasu or White produce anything when they played?

White got better every week until his injury. While he was likely to still have growing pains had he been able to play all of this season, he was looking like a guy that could put up 75 catches in a season and be a good target.

Grasu needed more time in the weight room, but it was my understanding that he was rushed to the field out of necessity. The jury isnt out on either of these players, but I cant tell you how they rebound from these current injuries. I guess I'm hoping for the best?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pace's 2015 draft looks absolutely horrendous in 2016.

Isn't the rule of thumb to hit on 2 starters per draft? Pace seems to have done that. Doesn't matter what rounds those players come from either.

2015 - Goldman and Amos
2016 - Whitehair and Howard

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I think Amos is still a solid pick. If we can find a true FS, he should be moved to SS where it looks like he would absolutely thrive. The problem right now is all of our safeties are of the same SS mould and no one is good enough to cover behind the CBs. So Amos will get more slack for lack of playmaking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
All of this is moot anyway since it's pointless to judge such recent drafts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Draft Strategy

1. Miss
2. Really hit
3. Seem to hit, but not sure
4. Kind of hit
5. Home run
6. 50/50 to get a backup
7. Small white guy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Next draft we should grab mel kiper by the pussy

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
His 2015 looks bad a year later but it look promising last year. His 2016 looks good this year but will it change face again.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I liked the white pick when he made it. It was a fun sexy pick. I think I've realized that the unsexiest of picks happen to provide the most value. Good WRs are a dime a dozen.

Pace at least has ran with a consistent strategy in the draft. If he modifies his first round strategy he could be a great drafter.

I think his 16 draft is better than 15. Whitehair and Howard > Goldman and Amos. He also has a lot of bodies we need to wait and see on from 2016.

However it is tough to recover missing on two firsts, although I believe the alternatives were not great. It's too damn bad we missed out of Williams and Aaron Donald. How nasty would that d line be?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
BPA is total bullshit. Do you think the Patriots would ever draft a QB in the first round when Brady was in his prime? You draft the BPA for your needs

Jimmy G