Packer Fan Sues Bears

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are not a Bears fan and you enjoy watching Bears games more than your own team play, then that's a deeper issue.

Or maybe someone is just a really big football fan in general and their team isn't local.(Actual scenario with a friend of mine in Ohio)

For the record, my season tickets aren't for the Bears.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Or maybe someone is just a really big football fan in general and their team isn't local.(Actual scenario with a friend of mine in Ohio)

For the record, my season tickets aren't for the Bears.

So you would rather pay to go watch the live local game and tape your team's game and watch it later? Cool. I guess under that extremely rare circumstance where you didn't care about watching your own team live, it would be worth it to you.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you would rather pay to go watch the live local game and tape your team's game and watch it later? Cool. I guess under that extremely rare circumstance where you didn't care about watching your own team live, it would be worth it to you.

What was unclear about my post?

And it's not an either or scenario. Why so obtuse?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what you are saying is that the re-sale value of an NFL ticket is dependent on that particular game...so a 'rivalry game' might have a better resale value than, say, a preseason game. Or a September game between two contending teams might be more valuable than, say, a Dec. 15th game when the home team is in the process of completing a 4-12 season.

Interesting. I never really thought of it like that.

I miss Jay Cutler threads...............

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So what you are saying is that the re-sale value of an NFL ticket is dependent on that particular game...so a 'rivalry game' might have a better resale value than, say, a preseason game. Or a September game between two contending teams might be more valuable than, say, a Dec. 15th game when the home team is in the process of completing a 4-12 season.

Interesting. I never really thought of it like that.

Obviously. Or you would have sold the Jets tickets earlier.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, its my fault. As you proved, I was a fool to agree to buy tickets where I was trapped into buying a preseason game and another regular season game I didn't want to go to. I did not understand how to buy individual game tickets.

Idiot, you shoulda bought single game tickets that they refused to sell you...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My personal finance adviser talked me out of it. As he always tells me, "Anytime you are laying down several thousand dollars, your mindset shouldn't be: "if you make some extra money, cool. if you brake even, cool."

Personally I look at any purchase I make for entertainment value to be a financial investment.

If I can't make a decent return on the money I spend on entertainment, then fuck my desire for entertainment.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I look at any purchase I make for entertainment value to be a financial investment.

If I can't make a decent return on the money I spend on entertainment, then fuck my desire for entertainment.

How do strip clubs work then?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I remember one time I bought tickets to a Madonna concert, and I don't even like Madonna.

If you made money off those tickets, that is all that matters.

Btw buying and selling entertainment tickets for profit is not a wise long term investment strategy, idiot.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd just like to remind everyone, didshe's 2nd post in this thread was to let all of us know that this packers fan is an idiot for buying bears season tickets because he'd "miss most of his teams games." Now, he's posting about investment strategies, regarding smart ones vs dumb ones.

Overall, riveting convo from a guy that doesn't know what a majority is.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really don't know what you guys are arguing about. There are better investments than Bears tickets at this point in time. If he wants to sue the Bears, he can - probably another poor decision. I would say if you have season tickets you should keep them - you should be able to make a few bucks, even now. There isn't a popular pro or college franchise that likes bartering. You're still responsible for the people in your seats. This guy is just a goofball.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'd just like to remind everyone, didshe's 2nd post in this thread was to let all of us know that this packers fan is an idiot for buying bears season tickets because he'd "miss most of his teams games." Now, he's posting about investment strategies, regarding smart ones vs dumb ones.

Overall, riveting convo from a guy that doesn't know what a majority is.

Ok. I was wrong for saying most there. I didn't think that part out clearly. What I should have said is "a good chunk of his team's games".

Happy now?