My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Hire Rex Ryan. Bring back the 46

This.

Hicks and Goldman at DT, Nichols and Edwards at DE.

Smith as MLB, Khalil Mack and a FA at OLB.

Some FA at SS, Jackson as FS, and Fuller and Johnson at the corners.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This.

Zero chance the 46 would work as anything more than an occasional playcall in todays nfl. Dan Marino tore it up in 85, imagine what aaron rodgers would do twice a year.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Pagano isn't as much of an issue as some of you people think he is....

the run game would be bad no matter who we got as a DC because goldman is out. We don't really have a nose tackle.....

In the pass game, he's dealt with one of the worst safeties in the league this year(Eddie Jackson), and one of the worst slot cb's in the league(Skrine), all the while having some of the least pressures in the league thanks to a terrible signing of robert quinn and having zero good pass rushing depth really.

You can blame the coaches, but at some point, someone besides mack/fuller/quan have to ball out on that defense.

Eddie Jackson has been terrible, outside of JJ and fuller we have no corners really. There is zero pass rush. We cant stop the run.

Its not really scheme guys...
People thought I was off my rocker when I was saying Eddie Jackson robbed the bank when he got paid. He sucked last year too. Dominant defenses create turnovers and he was the guy that got paid to create said turnovers in the defensive backfield. He's God awful.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping they’d hire Phillips after Vic left. Every defense he touches performs. I think he’d be a great hire.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
I also think Pagano needs to go.

Not a good fit.

But people who want a different scheme but want to retain Nagy and Pace are fucking stupid.

Hicks AND Mack are on the record as saying a 3-4 suits them better and both HATED being in a 4-3 type scheme. Pace built this team as a 3-4.

They aren't going to redo the defense while the HC and gm are on a prove it or be fired year.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
The only thing about the D is there is no Eddie Goldman. Everyone underestimates how it effects the entire defense. With that said, Pagano’s playcalling does not fit our players skill sets. Wasting talent.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Pagano isn't as much of an issue as some of you people think he is....

the run game would be bad no matter who we got as a DC because goldman is out. We don't really have a nose tackle.....

In the pass game, he's dealt with one of the worst safeties in the league this year(Eddie Jackson), and one of the worst slot cb's in the league(Skrine), all the while having some of the least pressures in the league thanks to a terrible signing of robert quinn and having zero good pass rushing depth really.

You can blame the coaches, but at some point, someone besides mack/fuller/quan have to ball out on that defense.

Eddie Jackson has been terrible, outside of JJ and fuller we have no corners really. There is zero pass rush. We cant stop the run.

Its not really scheme guys...

The run D isn't bad though. Bears are top ten in YPA, but also top ten in attempts against. Pagano's use of Mack and Jackson should get him fired regardless. They didn't pay Mack to drop in coverage and Eddie to play in the box.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Rise

Liked Posts:
If Nagy wants to save his job next season he will fire Pagano and bring in a disciple of Fangio similar to what the Rams did. Hopefully one exists.

If I had to guess the future today I will say we get blown out by the packers again but it’s more of a shoot out. Ted Phillips retires, Pagano is fired, pace/Nagy are back, franchise Trubisky and let ARob walk.

it’s all about keeping that hype for next year. This is a recipe for disaster obviously, and after next season pace/Nagy wil be fired. They will keep Trubisky because he gets the media attention but losing ARob is dooming him to fail.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

I don't think it is that simple.