Panthers @ Blackhawks IGT 2/24 at 7:30 p.m.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry melt your gif sucks. Doesn't show me anything. All I see is Kane falling. I've heard he got crossed but I didn't see it in the gif.

Of course Kane got angry. I would, too.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks have to be without Kane for awhile, guys like Versteeg must step up.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hit wasn't even that bad on Kane guys... just an unlucky outcome.

Foley had to over exaggerate it like everything else.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's how you do it. you don't wind up, you don't stick handle, you don't hesitate. You one-time it EEEEEEEEEmediately.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks have to be without Kane for awhile, guys like Versteeg must step up.

Sharp and Toews, too. Hossa, more consistently, less streaky. ...and it be nice to see Shaw, Smith, ...yes even Bickell score one occasionally.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

I'd normally agree, but it's the location of the hit (along the boards in the danger zone) and how Kane wasn't in position to protect himself. Anywhere else on the ice he's fine, but right along the boards its dangerous.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

It was stupid and reckless. You played. You know there is nothing good that can come from even a slight nudge when a guy is skating fast, facing the boards, and turning.... It doesn't take much to ruin a guy and those type of plays are how guys get paralyzed. Beyond stupid and something you are taught not to do from the beginning.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It was stupid and reckless. You played. You know there is nothing good that can come from even a slight nudge when a guy is skating fast, facing the boards, and turning.... It doesn't take much to ruin a guy and those type of plays are how guys get paralyzed. Beyond stupid and something you are taught not to do from the beginning.

Ummmm, I never said it was clean

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PP a lot better looking tonight.

Variable

Liked Posts:

Cant make a play like that with a player going into the boards. Just common sense.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I edited to quote Grimson. That's who I was replying to.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Okay im going to creat controversy but does anyone else think the hawks pp looks better when kane isnt on it? Thats not a slam on kane but i think the puck gets moved more on the pp when kane isnt there. Love what kane does but he does hold onto the puck sometimes a bit too much on the pp allowing the other team to set up easier. I like when the puck is moved quicker on the pp and its not stationary low in the zone.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Their second unit seems to be more simple, more straight forward if that's what you're saying. It would be interesting to see how many power play goals have been scored by each unit.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay im going to creat controversy but does anyone else think the hawks pp looks better when kane isnt on it? Thats not a slam on kane but i think the puck gets moved more on the pp when kane isnt there. Love what kane does but he does hold onto the puck sometimes a bit too much on the pp allowing the other team to set up easier. I like when the puck is moved quicker on the pp and its not stationary low in the zone.

You're not inferring that Kane is dead. I mean you DID post that earlier.

Of course, the possibility of Kane not being available, may put added incentive/pressure for the other players to perform better. It's crunch time.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Their second unit seems to be more simple, more straight forward if that's what you're saying. It would be interesting to see how many power play goals have been scored by each unit.

Power play goals this year:

Sharp 7
Kane 6
Hossa 6
Toews 5
Seabrook 4
Saad 2
Versteeg 2
Shaw 2
Keith 1
Richards 1
Bickell 1
Clendening 1

Aren't those top four guys all on the first PP unit?