Panthers tried to deal Cam to the Bears, Pace turned it down.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
What will we be saying in 8 months?:

-Thank God we got Foles. He’s got the Bears in the playoff picture by being average.

-Damn, Cam Newton, a former MVP, is playing really well and has rebounded his career.

-Wow, I guess Teddy Bridgewater really wasn’t just a product of the Saints’ system.

Probably all of the above.

Reactions: DC

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
THANK GOD PACE TURNED DOWN GETTING CAM NEWTON.....there’s that’s better

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote From the article....

"I heard the same rumor that Bridgewater was hesitant to come to the Bears because he didn’t think it’d be a fair competition with Trubisky, for what it’s worth. There’s at least a little credence to it, since Ryan Pace did publicly back Trubisky multiple times this offseason, including when directly asked if he expected Trubisky to be his starter at the NFL Combine. Even if you don’t think he meant what he said, those words might've counted for something. "
( see video>>>#1 )

I don't buy the "Bridgewater was afraid of competing with Mitch " narrative. This is something Bears PR floated out there to look good for taking Foles over Bridgewater.

The KEY here is FAIR COMPETITION ( vs. rigged) . Plus, I believe what the guys in the vid said about Pace wanting to look good when Mitch beats out Foles ( a former SB MVP). I think the Bridgewater camp "smelled " all this, saw it was a set up and told Pace to take a hike.

Pace, deep down..... is still about trying to look good for drafting Mitch over Watson & Mahomes. Pace is about ego , not winning. IMO
Jesus, they were going to pay him $21m. Somebody has a poorly hidden agenda and it doesn't smell like Pace.

Teddy wanted to play and got assured to start elsewhere. Same money, zero risk and I don't blame him. Pace would look even dumber for signing a $21m backup but was going to allow Nagy and the coches let that happen if it fell that way. If Teddy actually 'felt' that it wasn't going to be fair, that's on Teddy and I personally doubt that was actually the case. It was extremely clear that he wanted to start somewhere so he took the path of least resistance. Good for him.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
So Foles was our #1 target the entire time but we nearly had a deal with Bridgewater? That doesn't make sense....not buying it.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That's one of the shakier rumors, but supposedly the Bears wouldn't assure him of starting, so he declined. I guess Pace really is going to have Trubisky start next year...how long that lasts we don't know.
that rumor is old and true. smh keep up here

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Newton, Bridgewater, and Foles are all wild cards. No one knows exactly what you're going to get from any of them at this point.

At least we got one of them? :|

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Newton, Bridgewater, and Foles are all wild cards. No one knows exactly what you're going to get from any of them at this point.

At least we got one of them? :|

ummm..... kinda like Mitch, 1 yr. college starter vs. more accomplished, experience Watson & Mahones back in 2017:unsure:

In mid-November of the quarterbacks’ third seasons, the statistical comparisons are startling.

• Trubisky: 35 starts (including one playoff start), 7,109 passing yards, 40 touchdowns, 22 interceptions, an 87.2 rating and a 19-16 record.
  • Mahomes: 27 starts (including two playoff starts), 8,580 passing yards, 71 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, a 111.5 rating and a 19-8 record.
  • Watson: 32 starts (including one playoff start), 8,531 passing yards, 64 touchdowns, 23 interceptions, a 102.7 rating and a 20-12 record.

Last edited:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For fucks sake, just tell me when this year is over. All these qb’s are bums. Pace made the ultimate mistake in Chitown by passing over mahomes and some might argue Watson. There’s nothing else to talk about. These shit moves won’t salvage that. #loseforlawrence #tankfortrevor.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Bridgewater may have been referencing the Glennon situation in his decision, where Pace sort of blindsided him by immediately drafted his replacement.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
What will we be saying in 8 months?:

-Thank God we got Foles. He’s got the Bears in the playoff picture by being average.

-Damn, Cam Newton, a former MVP, is playing really well and has rebounded his career.

-Wow, I guess Teddy Bridgewater really wasn’t just a product of the Saints’ system.

D. None of the above?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Pace still ain't ready to give up on Mitch. He can justify a competition between Mitch and Foles, or Mitch and Bridewater, but not with Cam.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like Bridgewater may have been referencing the Glennon situation in his decision, where Pace sort of blindsided him by immediately drafted his replacement.
Except he did plan on playing Glennon the entire year. He promised to make him the starter and did. It was his job to lose. It just didn't take him long to do so. 4 games with more picks than TDs and looking worse will do that to you. I don't recall any situation where Pace lied to a signie. It's football, if you suck, you sit when there's somebody better, or at least with the potential to be, behind you.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's called subterfuge
-----

Backup, 5-11 W-L since Philly.
Pace, like any GM, is aware that directly negotiating in a non good faith manner catches up to you. It's a contrived narrative. Take off the foil hat. If you are trying to not sign a guy, you don't offer $21m, you low ball to make certain he walks. Then, perhaps, you can speculate on alternate intent. Bridgewater had the option to say yes and there was no indication the competition would be rigged other than speculation or Teddy's own trepidation, if that conjecture has any merit. Mitch also had an advantage from knowing a complex O and that may have played into Bridgewater's thinking. Bridgewater seems a lot brighter than Mitch but still, it's a lot of catching up in what may be a shortened pre.

The article you quote is pure reporter's speculation and there is not one bit of actual information on why we didn't land Teddy. It's likely because he wasn't guaranteed to start but there is absolutely zero factual content suggesting that Pace was stacking the deck against him. Absolutely zero.

Last edited: