Peavy Ready For Bounce-Back Season

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
I love how he finds something nice to say about every team in the division....except the twinkies.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Peavy is going into a contract year, wouldn't be surprised to see him have a great season.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
He's making $22.5 this year, right? All I want is for him to earn it and not have his fucking arm fall off.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jake steps it up and Sale/Floyd both pitch decently, this team could make some noise in the Central. Gotta stay positive.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We hear this every year. I understand more than anybody the importance of remaining optimistic, but do any Sox fans actually expect Peavy to win 10 games? Let alone be anywhere close to worth the contract?

The dude is seriously Brandon Webb w/ more innings on that arm. I'm hopeful for you guys (and moreso his career) that I'm wrong about him and he pitches great for an entire season -- I just don't see it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We hear this every year. I understand more than anybody the importance of remaining optimistic, but do any Sox fans actually expect Peavy to win 10 games? Let alone be anywhere close to worth the contract?

The dude is seriously Brandon Webb w/ more innings on that arm. I'm hopeful for you guys (and moreso his career) that I'm wrong about him and he pitches great for an entire season -- I just don't see it.

he is now a year removed from surgery (which no one knew how it would work out), he is on a contract year, he went 7-7 last year 111 IP so to think he wont hit 10 games with such confidence is foolish. All I ask is he comes out of the gate well so we can move him at the deadline since the team is going to suck regardless.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he is now a year removed from surgery (which no one knew how it would work out), he is on a contract year, he went 7-7 last year 111 IP so to think he wont hit 10 games with such confidence is foolish. All I ask is he comes out of the gate well so we can move him at the deadline since the team is going to suck regardless.

It's foolish to question whether or not he can win 10 games?

I disagree.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's foolish to question whether or not he can win 10 games?

I disagree.

well he won 7 last year after surgery. now he is a year removed from that. 10 games isnt a far cry.