Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JosMin and Crys were talking about this in the chatbox last night and I was wondering how everyone else felt about it.

So... how many athletes do you think take performance enhancing drugs such as HGH and Steroids, and do you have a problem with it?

Last edited:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Far too many take them and more than any fan wants to know.

As a former high school baseball player who had scholarship offers to play college ball and even got some looks from pro scouts, I'm completely against using PEDs. I witnessed a few players juicing even in high school and found it funny that I put up better numbers than they did while doing it the right way, the clean way.

I would never put anything synthetic like that into my body knowing what harm it can do. It's not worth it in the long run, but to many it is and that's their decision, but they should never be legalized IMO. I'd rather be one of the few players with honesty and integrity who succeeded on their own hard work and God-given talent, rather than cheating just to get an advantage.

Just my $.02. I hated the steroid era and wish MLB would implement more rigorous testing to end this, but I know they won't and I also know I'm probably in the minority in my thoughts on the matter. I'm a baseball purist though. I love the game and I believe in an even playing field.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very against it, if you suck then you suck get over it. Don't cheat honest hard working talented people out of a job or a championship or whatever, play the right way. That's my opinion

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I voted: "Somewhat prevalent and I don't mind it"

it's their bodies they are screwing with, and the 1998 baseball homerun race was great to watch.

it's good to the consumers, bad for the players themselves (their own choice)

I don't mind it

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with "somewhat prevalent, I don't mind it"

When I was younger, the summer of 1998 was one of my favorite baseball memories. The McGwire-Sosa battle was something to behold, and people always say it "saved baseball". And as much as I hate him, watching Barry Bonds hit 73 was pretty awesome too. Same goes for watching Roger Clemens pitch. I don't care how roided up you are, I just wanna watch baseball and some jaw dropping moments.

If Jose Canseco was having a home run derby by himself in OutInTheMiddleOfNowhere, Illinois, I would probably go watch.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's more prevalent in some sports than others. Like in the NBA, I don't think it's as common as baseball or football. Because in the NBA, using PED's won't make you a better shooter, ball handler, etc. It could make you stronger and faster, but I just feel like it's not that common.

In football, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of lineman, LB's and some other positions used PED's. But doesn't the NFL have a pretty rigorous testing program? Idk.. I just wouldn't be surprised if NFL players used 'em.

One reason why I don't think it's very prevalent is because the players who don't make as much money can't risk getting caught and missing out on paychecks... and it can hurt their future in their sport. I don't think a lot of big name players use them because they don't wanna risk ruining their legacy.

I'm against it though... for obvious reasons.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I voted: "Somewhat prevalent and I don't mind it"

it's their bodies they are screwing with, and the 1998 baseball homerun race was great to watch.

it's good to the consumers, bad for the players themselves (their own choice)

I don't mind it

I'm not against it because of health reasons.

I'm against it because it's cheating.

Yeah, it's entertainment and if they're juicing up, it's more fun to watch. But because there's a lot of players that don't use it, it puts them at somewhat of a disadvantage.. which isn't fair.

Hypothetically, let's say the Bears made the Superbowl and lost because they got completely manhandled at the line. Years later, we found out that the team we lost to had a bunch of guys on their line using steroids and our guys were clean. Would you still not mind it?

If every single athlete was taking some kind of PED, then okay.. it would be leveling the playing field and no one would have an advantage over another guy because they'd all be doing the same thing.

But when it's illegal in a sport and some players take it to get an unfair advantage, it's cheating and I'm not for it.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I'm not against it because of health reasons.

I'm against it because it's cheating.

Yeah, it's entertainment and if they're juicing up, it's more fun to watch. But because there's a lot of players that don't use it, it puts them at somewhat of a disadvantage.. which isn't fair.

Hypothetically, let's say the Bears made the Superbowl and lost because they got completely manhandled at the line. Years later, we found out that the team we lost to had a bunch of guys on their line using steroids and our guys were clean. Would you still not mind it?

If every single athlete was taking some kind of PED, then okay.. it would be leveling the playing field and no one would have an advantage over another guy because they'd all be doing the same thing.

But when it's illegal in a sport and some players take it to get an unfair advantage, it's cheating and I'm not for it.

yea that's an interesting situation to ponder...

I guess yea it would piss me off...

hmm damn thats a tough one. lol

Atleast in my head I knew my team was pure in competing..lol not much consolation

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yea that's an interesting situation to ponder...

I guess yea it would piss me off...

hmm damn thats a tough one. lol

Atleast in my head I knew my team was pure in competing..lol not much consolation

exactly hahaha.

You could apply that kind of example to any sport.

It may be fun to watch players perform at at even higher level, but when it's happening to your team in a critical game, no one would be happy about it.

And even if your team benefits from guys using PED's and you win a title... if anyone ever finds out, that title would be tainted forever. I wouldn't even have much pride in a tainted title tbh.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Just my $.02. I hated the steroid era and wish MLB would implement more rigorous testing to end this, but I know they won't and I also know I'm probably in the minority in my thoughts on the matter. I'm a baseball purist though. I love the game and I believe in an even playing field.

I believe they are the toughest of the major sports now

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the prevalence depends on the sport, as said..i think sports like football use PEDs alot more NBA where, yes, physicality is important, but the effects of mainstream PEDs are not conducive towards "getting an edge"

NFL and the MLB(i dont mean steroids but others as well...i think the crack down in the 2000s has decreased the amount of users a bit) are really the ones i think there is the most use..where PED effects are more conducive

there are easy ways to get around certain testing..which includes stuff that isnt tested

but anywho.. i am against it because, well, it is a cheap shortcut for physical ability rather than doing intensive training like most athletes are supposed to do ..but this is merely a part of it

its the fact that quite a few of these PEDs raise risks of certain diseases and break down other parts of the body...some are medically counterproductive and also not very safe

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
but anywho.. i am against it because, well, it is a cheap shortcut for physical ability rather than doing intensive training like most athletes are supposed to do ..but this is merely a part of it

Wait. Taking peds makes u an athlete? They work less in the gym or honing his craft? :smh:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
My position changes on two factors. If it's legal, then I'm cool with it. If it's illegal, then players should get punished. Therefore there is no poll option for me.

I don't like ignoring problems and taking the law into my own hands in general. Similar logic applies to private practices and businesses such as organized sports.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not an athlete, I'm a fan.

I just want to be entertained. If someone said that PEDs weren't prevalent, I'd be happy. If someone said PED's were rampant, I wouldn't be upset. There's nothing I can do about it. The issue to me is whether or not I'm entertained.

I don't want people to get paralyzed or anything of the like for my leisure, but I do want to see athletes play hard.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I just want to be entertained. If someone said that PEDs weren't prevalent, I'd be happy. If someone said PED's were rampant, I wouldn't be upset. There's nothing I can do about it. The issue to me is whether or not I'm entertained.

I don't want people to get paralyzed or anything of the like for my leisure, but I do want to see athletes play hard.

destiny-meme-generator-isn-t-that-why-you-re-here-are-you-not-entertained-1da9b1.jpg

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

smooning_bart_mooning_100-101.gif

Villain

Liked Posts:
I don't think that using PEDs will help you hit a 98mph fastball, but when it comes to other sports like cycling (Le Tour, etc.) doping and other PEDs can make a much bigger difference.

Of course, no one will ever prove that Lance Armstrong did it... :shifty: