legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I would take Burton over any TE in the NFCN outside of Hockenson.. Still not sure on Irv Smith

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Seriously. We got fans calling Burton a soft mental midget and while almost everyone knows Shaheen is a DUD his stats are better than any Texans' TE.

They'd dump any of their TEs on the bears for any Bear RB. Smh

http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/texans-draft-ive-never-been-so-lost.114155/page-7#post-2939926

If the Texans want Shaheen, they should call Pace and be amazed at the deal they can get for the low, low cost of Bill O'brien's HBO Go account name and password .... Hard Knocks is coming soon.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would take Burton over any TE in the NFCN outside of Hockenson.. Still not sure on Irv Smith

Ah maybe so, but will Burton take the Bears over any other concerns outside of the game? That is seriously TBD

Also, you could throw Irv Smith in there for me. I'd pull that trigger.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would take Jordan Atkins and Khale Warring on the Bears in a heart beat.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Really? Jimmy Graham is still a massive mismatch in GB. When factoring in the blocking/receiving combo Min has Kyle Rudolph who is quite good and they added Irv Smith. Finally there's Detroit who have Jesse James, who's reliable, and they spent a high first rounder in T.J. Hockenson.

Personally, being an Eagle fan, I loved what Burton did, but if you take out those little goaline TE flip plays (essentially a hand off) what's his stat line really look like? Last year he only had 3 games where he had more than 40 yards receiving. Add in as a blocker he's average at best and you're making an argument hat he's the best in the NFCN?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, being an Eagle fan, I loved what Burton did, but if you take out those little goaline TE flip plays (essentially a hand off) what's his stat line really look like? Last year he only had 3 games where he had more than 40 yards receiving.

I was a huge fan of stealing Burton away from you and got even more excited when he had a preseason showing of seven catches in under ten minutes. All that said...I was kind of disappointed with his 2018 overall. He made some great plays, but never became the consistent playmaker I was expecting. Missing the playoff game did not help either.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
did burtong have anxiety issues in Philadelphia?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Burton pussed out in a Bears playoff game cause he already got his ring with the Iggles. the excuses that like "oh his groin locked up" or whatever were pretty sad. desperate, even. professional athlete citing ANXIETY and fear of running a play that makes him look like a million bucks.

with all the "fuck him, cut him" rhetoric in IGTs I'm surprised no one's picked his number yet.

also Shaheen is worthless. he's played in like 3 games and has 7 concussions to his credit however that works.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Burton pussed out in a Bears playoff game cause he already got his ring with the Iggles. the excuses that like "oh his groin locked up" or whatever were pretty sad. desperate, even. professional athlete citing ANXIETY and fear of running a play that makes him look like a million bucks.

with all the "fuck him, cut him" rhetoric in IGTs I'm surprised no one's picked his number yet.

also Shaheen is worthless. he's played in like 3 games and has 7 concussions to his credit however that works.
@dabears70 thinks this is Shaheens year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A lot of wisdom in this thread.

But OP wants you all to remember our TEs > Texans TEs

Which is kind of a small sample of why I love CCS (no sarcasm; that is real).

Also, I am excited for the offense overall. In threads like these in my experience, it is about now that some myopic jackass would come in and spin all the reasonable doubts about our TEs as somehow indicative of all of us doubting Nagy and the offense as a whole ...

In hindsight, I should not have posted this. That is usually when a thread starts achieving maximum entertainment value ...

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@dabears70 thinks this is Shaheens year.

I would love it to be true.

NOTE: I did not say I would love him to be right. I don't think it can be said "he was right" when he is bullish on all things Bears. When one has a blanket worldview of optimism for all Bears, it doesn't count as prognostication when a disappointing Bear turns things around

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would love it to be true.

NOTE: I did not say I would love him to be right. I don't think it can be said "he was right" when he is bullish on all things Bears. When one has a blanket worldview of optimism for all Bears, it doesn't count as prognostication when a disappointing Bear turns things around

I love that you guys hate how right I've been about so much about the Bears. Lol

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I love that you guys hate how right I've been about so much about the Bears. Lol

Only you haven't...the only thing you have proven is being an idiot.