Per Biggs, Kyle Long activated and expected to play against Vikes

Svic

Liked Posts:
I dont know how to feel about this. On one hand im happy Long is back from injury because every man helps but on the other im worried his return will disrupt our OL chemistry as of late

Our RG has been absolutely horrible. Nothing like this will disrupt our oline especially a guy who already played this year

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I just don’t see the Bears playing with the desire that the Vikings will have this week.

It sure would be awesome to keep them out of the playoffs by beating them in their own house though. I don’t want to face an NFC North team in the playoffs, it gives me flashbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! This Vikings team isn't remotely as good as that 2010 Packer team.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! This Vikings team isn't remotely as good as that 2010 Packer team.

The Vikings Defense is better than the Packers was and let’s not forget that currently both their Defense and Offense are ranked better than the Bear’s so it’s not impossible to see the Bears letting them in this week and next week they get a couple lucky bounces or Refs calls and the Bears get bounced out of the playoffs by another NFC North team after winning the division. I just don’t want that embarrassment to happen again lol.

Realistically, if Trubs plays like he did against GB in this game, and doesn’t turn it over, the Bears should win.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
I'm not happy about this. Really wish he wasn't playing. Guy is solid when healthy.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
The Vikings Defense is better than the Packers was and let’s not forget that currently both their Defense and Offense are ranked better than the Bear’s so it’s not impossible to see the Bears letting them in this week and next week they get a couple lucky bounces or Refs calls and the Bears get bounced out of the playoffs by another NFC North team after winning the division. I just don’t want that embarrassment to happen again lol.

Realistically, if Trubs plays like he did against GB in this game, and doesn’t turn it over, the Bears should win.

No it isn't. The Packers D was ranked second by FO that year. They had three pick six's in the playoffs and SB.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
No it isn't. The Packers D was ranked second by FO that year. They had three pick six's in the playoffs and SB.

You really think the 2010 Packers Defense was better. Laughable. Let the hate flow thru you.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I dont know how to feel about this. On one hand im happy Long is back from injury because every man helps but on the other im worried his return will disrupt our OL chemistry as of late

Dont lets the ol fool you. Mitchs feet have saved his ass alot this year. Getting long back will help our pass blocking and run blocking

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
You really think the 2010 Packers Defense was better. Laughable. Let the hate flow thru you.

It is. How's that QB upgrade you guys got this season doing so far??????

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
It is. How's that QB upgrade you guys got this season doing so far??????

Actually pretty good. He won us some games this season when things looked bleak. How are you enjoying your 1 year of sunshine before you go back to the NFCN cellar? Every 4-5 years right?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Actually pretty good. He won us some games this season when things looked bleak. How are you enjoying your 1 year of sunshine before you go back to the NFCN cellar? Every 4-5 years right?

It's up to Kirk Cousins to prove he's not an $84 million bust
Dan Wetzel
Columnist
Yahoo SportsDec 12, 2018, 10:17 PM
Scroll back up to restore default view.
Last January, Case Keenum threw 20 incompletions, threw two picks, and threw away what felt like a Super Bowl in the cold of the NFC championship game in Philadelphia.
The Minnesota Vikings saw their quarterback get outdueled by Eagles backup Nick Foles, dashing the dream of hosting the Super Bowl. Afterward, the franchise focused on a single thing – get a quarterback, just about any quarterback, at just about any price.
All the other pieces were there, they believed.
So they went out and got Kirk Cousins, for $84 million over three years, convincing him to come to Minnesota because of how close the Vikings were to winning everything.
View photos
Kirk Cousins and the Vikings are 0-5 against teams that are currently on pace to make the playoffs. (Getty Images)
"Kirk is our guy,” head coach Mike Zimmer said last March. "Hopefully we can continue to do some things we did last year. We played pretty good on defense most of the time. We have a good football team … If we can just continue to keep getting better, keep trying to get a little bit better every day, maybe we can finally get over that one last game that we didn’t get over last year.”
Technically, the Vikings can still get over that one last game this season. Minnesota still sits in the final wild-card spot in the NFC.
[Play in our Week 15 DFS contest: $1M prize pool. $250K in overlay. Join now!]
They are 6-6-1 though, and have scored just 17 combined points in two consecutive losses. On Tuesday they fired their offensive coordinator, John DeFilippo, a sign of December desperation that rarely works.
The defense is still stout. The offense is terrible though, and that means all eyes on the $84 million man who, to his credit, took ownership of his anemic play and the consequences it has caused for the Vikings (and former Vikings).
"That was one of the things I did convey to Coach Flip yesterday,” Cousins said. "I do believe, had I played at my fullest potential play in, play out, we wouldn’t be having this conversation now. That’s something I take personally and is tough for me and keeps you up at night. All you can do is go forward.”
For Cousins, he’ll have to. If he doesn’t play better and the Vikings’ offense doesn’t improve, then he’ll go down as one of the bigger free-agent busts in recent NFL history.
A team close to the Super Bowl went all-in and believed it had significantly upgraded itself at the most important position on the field.
Instead it regressed.
"We’ve got to score points,” Cousins said. "You do that and you put yourself in a position, especially with the way our defense has played. That is where our focus is now. How do we score points? How do we execute play in, play out to make sure we get into the end zone and coming away with enough points to win the game?”
Cousins is on pace for career highs in completion percentage and touchdowns. He should pass for over 4,000 yards.
Yet his inability to generate points against quality teams has been atrocious. Much like during his years in Washington, he was good against bad clubs and bad against good clubs. In the end, Washington didn’t win either and let him walk.
Too often, in critical times, he plays like the fourth-round pick he was, not a diamond in the rough. He doesn’t take chances down field. He doesn’t deliver in key moments. Cousins is a likable guy, perhaps maximizing his abilities, but when a player gets a contract that big for a team this promising, he can’t be just a game manager.

Absolutely spot on.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears

Are you mad cause your team paid 84 million dollars for a choke artist???? You should be.

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
It's up to Kirk Cousins to prove he's not an $84 million bust
Dan Wetzel
Columnist
Yahoo SportsDec 12, 2018, 10:17 PM
Scroll back up to restore default view.
Last January, Case Keenum threw 20 incompletions, threw two picks, and threw away what felt like a Super Bowl in the cold of the NFC championship game in Philadelphia.
The Minnesota Vikings saw their quarterback get outdueled by Eagles backup Nick Foles, dashing the dream of hosting the Super Bowl. Afterward, the franchise focused on a single thing – get a quarterback, just about any quarterback, at just about any price.
All the other pieces were there, they believed.
So they went out and got Kirk Cousins, for $84 million over three years, convincing him to come to Minnesota because of how close the Vikings were to winning everything.
View photos
Kirk Cousins and the Vikings are 0-5 against teams that are currently on pace to make the playoffs. (Getty Images)
"Kirk is our guy,” head coach Mike Zimmer said last March. "Hopefully we can continue to do some things we did last year. We played pretty good on defense most of the time. We have a good football team … If we can just continue to keep getting better, keep trying to get a little bit better every day, maybe we can finally get over that one last game that we didn’t get over last year.”
Technically, the Vikings can still get over that one last game this season. Minnesota still sits in the final wild-card spot in the NFC.
[Play in our Week 15 DFS contest: $1M prize pool. $250K in overlay. Join now!]
They are 6-6-1 though, and have scored just 17 combined points in two consecutive losses. On Tuesday they fired their offensive coordinator, John DeFilippo, a sign of December desperation that rarely works.
The defense is still stout. The offense is terrible though, and that means all eyes on the $84 million man who, to his credit, took ownership of his anemic play and the consequences it has caused for the Vikings (and former Vikings).
"That was one of the things I did convey to Coach Flip yesterday,” Cousins said. "I do believe, had I played at my fullest potential play in, play out, we wouldn’t be having this conversation now. That’s something I take personally and is tough for me and keeps you up at night. All you can do is go forward.”
For Cousins, he’ll have to. If he doesn’t play better and the Vikings’ offense doesn’t improve, then he’ll go down as one of the bigger free-agent busts in recent NFL history.
A team close to the Super Bowl went all-in and believed it had significantly upgraded itself at the most important position on the field.
Instead it regressed.
"We’ve got to score points,” Cousins said. "You do that and you put yourself in a position, especially with the way our defense has played. That is where our focus is now. How do we score points? How do we execute play in, play out to make sure we get into the end zone and coming away with enough points to win the game?”
Cousins is on pace for career highs in completion percentage and touchdowns. He should pass for over 4,000 yards.
Yet his inability to generate points against quality teams has been atrocious. Much like during his years in Washington, he was good against bad clubs and bad against good clubs. In the end, Washington didn’t win either and let him walk.
Too often, in critical times, he plays like the fourth-round pick he was, not a diamond in the rough. He doesn’t take chances down field. He doesn’t deliver in key moments. Cousins is a likable guy, perhaps maximizing his abilities, but when a player gets a contract that big for a team this promising, he can’t be just a game manager.

Absolutely spot on.

What game did you see him do that in? Asking for a friend. Im sure you heard it on the tv and felt it made you sound smart.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What game did you see him do that in? Asking for a friend. Im sure you heard it on the tv and felt it made you sound smart.

The Bears game, the Pats game, the Seahawks game...

Vikesfan

Liked Posts:
The Bears game, the Pats game, the Seahawks game...

Lol. He outplayed you QB on the road
He is hardly the first QB to have issues in Foxboro in Dec
He then went cross country and outplayed Russell, who threw for 73 yards!!!!

bUt kIrK CoUsIns sUks!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bUt kIrK CoUsIns sUks!!

Whether or not he outplayed the opposing QB still doesn't mean he didn't play like a 4th rounder

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

bUt kIrK CoUsIns sUks!!

And lost all three games, almost all by two scores. Took a couple garbage time TDs against the Bears to prevent that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikesfan started off alright, but now hes a total bitchmaid.