Pernell McPhee

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Some ppl are going to throw a fit when we keep a couple of these "obvious" cuts. We can't, and won't, release everyone. Not until we have a replacement, at least...

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Why would we need any replacement for McPhee, Young, or Houston? Those guys barely matter as it is.

Irving should get more PT for one, and you can find all kinds of marginal OLB talent in free agency every year.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I wasn't a real fan of this signing, due to his injury concerns. His health issues were pretty well documented, too, and that ended up being his downfall here. Baltimore made no effort to re-sign him, and I suspected they knew more about his injuries more than anyone else.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would cut him and resign Young and Houston. Both of those guys provide depth who can come in and play some quality snaps.

Bears need a replacement for McPhee and I think they will sign somebody to a prove it deal and draft an edge guy in the 2nd-5th rounds.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Keep young and mcphee. Draft a OLB who you plan to start... You're set depth wise. Id love the bears to move back pick up a 2nd 2nd round pick. Get Crosby Davenport a CB or WR in the top 2 rounds.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Either he takes a pay cut or he gets replaced. He can still play just not 30 snaps a game.

With a new one year salary at a low cost of like $4-$5 mil i'd be interested in bringing him back. When healthy he's fine with his bull rushing and he's pretty decent against the run.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should the Bears cut him? He's better than any free agents and the draft is lacking in talent at OLB aside from Arden Key who has character & injury issues. It would be a huge help to the Bears if he could return to the form he was before he was injured.

[video=youtube_share;DzsWfum-_ac]https://youtu.be/DzsWfum-_ac[/video]

He is not better than anyone, he is a cripple.

Not only does he rush once and then take 8 plays off he often gets hurt and leaves you short handed.

This is the easiest cut of the offseason not names Glennon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You need 3 pass rushers.

The Bears currently have 1.

We need 4 OLB's. I would bring back L.Houston, sign another one in free agency (J.Attoachu) and draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Same could be said about the WR postion and that 1 is coming off a ACL tear.

Pace better be busy this offseason

Agreed.

But WRs that can contribute can be found in a number of places. Good pass rushers are usually only available at the top of the draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ask Houston and Young to take a paycut. First one to blink gets to stay. I would also resign Houston to a modest deal. Then see how the draft unfolds. Can always cut people after the draft once you know who else you have.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind having Houston or Young around as a #4 or maybe #3 edge player, but they shouldn't be starters. Mcphee isn't able to be healthy or productive enough to justify a roster spot, let alone his salary.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
McPhee is a no brainer cut. But I wouldn't be surprised if we resign Houston and/or possibly keep Young. Houston had a strong showing after we signed him midseason and at a cheap price he would be worth keeping around. As far as Young goes, it's hard to tell how much he has left in the tank.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not even know if we need to keep Houston and Young.

If we are going to have question marks, let them be young and athletic question marks that may have some upside.

Give me Aaron Lynch, Dion Jordan, Marquis Flowers over those guys.