Peter King: Bears gaining momentum for Russell Wilson

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I hope most who have commented about this realize That Graham is not the only player to talk up the Bears. But unless Wilson has a no trade clause, I don't know if he can say where he goes, and unless the Bears can offer the best deal, this is still a pie in the sky kind of thing. Only difference is, there is a MUCH higher chance, the Bears get someone to say yes to them
He does have a no trade clause, so the Bears might not have to outbid other teams.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who do you guys think wins a QB battle between?

Foles

What's left of Alex Smith

Kyle Trask

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wilson literally is quoted as saying "i need to be protected, we need to add lineman. Being sacked 400 times is tok much".

Did you read the article or nah?

I said "why not JUST say that". Meaning, why come out with teams you would go to? Why go public with it? And if it's JUST about protection, why name the Bears with a mediocre OL? Not saying he definitely wants out, but he doesn't definitely want to stay there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I hope most who have commented about this realize That Graham is not the only player to talk up the Bears. But unless Wilson has a no trade clause, I don't know if he can say where he goes, and unless the Bears can offer the best deal, this is still a pie in the sky kind of thing. Only difference is, there is a MUCH higher chance, the Bears get someone to say yes to them

Reason why he named 4 teams is because he has a no-trade clause.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Graham: Come to Chicago man it is awesome, ownership doesn't care if you win and the GM hands out bad contracts like Jehovah's Witnesses hand out pamphlets.

Wilson: Awesome man, I am in, would love to come to Chicago.

Seattle: NO

End scene.
That wouldnt be the end to it, it would be the beginning. Wilson has already stated he is unhappy. If the Seahawks don’t trade him, I can’t wait to see the drama unfold with Pete Carroll.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That wouldnt be the end to it, it would be the beginning. Wilson has already stated he is unhappy. If the Seahawks don’t trade him, I can’t wait to see the drama unfold with Pete Carroll.

Week 1 Wilson will be taking snaps for the Seahawls, it doesn't matter how much pissing and moaning happens between now and then.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

Foles

Kyle Trask
i'm not convinced Trask is a franchise qb....maybe a Chad Pennington type? Just saying on a windy day on the lakefront those accurate floaters don't work ...he needs a dome IMO

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
While I would love Wilson in a Bears uniform, it still feels too much like a pipe dream... right up there with the Watson trade discussions. While both QBs have trade clauses, the teams still control so much of the player's destiny. I feel like the Seahawks have too many reasons not to trade Wilson. They aren't in a great position to draft a future QB in the 2021 draft (while trading Wilson will definitely give them more draft capital I doubt the Bears pick this year helps them move up much). The Seahawks are in the very competitive NFC West and going with a rookie QB seems like a recipe for disaster (especially behind their current line). Unless the Seahawks have some plan to trade Wilson and use those assets to get a Dak or Watson type player in return, I just don't see how this plays out for the Bears. They can throw the next two years of draft picks at them and I just don't see it getting Seattle all that interested and while I crave a franchise QB, all the players we will have to cut to afford Wilson and then trying to fill the roster holes with almost no draft assets would be near impossible to pull off.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wilson has a no trade clause

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Week 1 Wilson will be taking snaps for the Seahawls, it doesn't matter how much pissing and moaning happens between now and then.
If Wilson were to get moved, it would be next season, not this one. Best thing Bears could do is withdraw from the "fix the QB position this year" and address the other issues (OL-WR).

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I agree with Peter King here I don't know how Seattle denies Wilson the chance at being within driving distance of Wrigley Field. With that as a consideration I cannot see a way he isn't suiting up for the bears this season.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

From King this morning:

As for the Bears, I think there are three things at play: Chicago tight end Jimmy Graham is a good friend of Wilson’s, and he’s told him good things about the team and the city. Wilson loves the sporting zeal of the city, the love for the Cubs, the love for the Bears, and might look at it like, Chicago hasn’t had a lot of great quarterbacks, and I could be one. Maybe I could be the missing piece, and how crazy would Chicago go if the Bears ever got great again? And I think he loves the city.

and yet he has not formally requested to be traded

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The talk of trading Wilson is real. Despite Windy's non-insider information.

The longer they don't trade Wilson the less his value is. Year by year.

I doubt King is even talking about it if it isn't.

The rumors started coming up last year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It was already expected Wilson will be with the Seahawks week 1. The more pissing and moaning that happens now, his chances of leaving grow higher following this season. We have scene this same exact scenario with many players throughout the years.

Luke

Liked Posts:

Foles

Kyle Trask

Don't forget Andy Dalton, he has the Lazor tie in.
Sadly, he might be the best alternative.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was already expected Wilson will be with the Seahawks week 1. The more pissing and moaning that happens now, his chances of leaving grow higher following this season. We have scene this same exact scenario with many players throughout the years.

2022 doesn't matter.

We will likely be entering a rebuild under a new GM.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Seattle trade Russ? I just don't want to get any hopes and then be kicked in the nuts when we find out that Russ was using this as leverage to get Seattle to protect him better and get more of what he is looking for from Seattle.

cause he's kinda old

team is sorta falling apart

and 3 firsts would be a great start to a rebuild