PFF: How the Bears control the top of the draft

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Carter just blew up the 4th and inches, by obliterating the G and tackling the RB…

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The problem is the Claypool trade. Poles is not going to want to draft that late in the 2nd rd. To me that makes it an even greater possibility the Bears will be trading down no matter what pick they end up with in the 1st rd.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yeah but if they feel Carter and/or Anderson can be Hall of Fame or Hall of Very Good players, I think they just need to draft them. We need players, but we also have more draft picks and a ton of money.
A ton of money spent the right way to fill a lot of needs and not a big splash/one player might just mean that BPA is more feasible, in that case it would be very hard to pass up on Carter/Anderson. You could make the draft pick your big splash of the off season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess the first reason is context: Braxton Jones is our LT. I see no reason to not see what he NX a do next year. Secondly, yes , measurables play a part. With his size, he may be a good T. We need a C and a RT. I’d prefer the kid out of Tennessee or the kid out of Maryland over him. As far as his technique, with his measurables, put the dude in a phone booth and let him maul motherfuckers, especially at C.
Are you joking?

Wait another year to see what he can do?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Carter has gotta be the pick, right? First thing Poles went after was a 3 Tech this season. He likely still wants one.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the Bears don't move back Carter is the pick. And for all the Anderson talk he is a 3-4 edge guy not a 4-3 DE. Football knowledge people.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't see any chance Poles goes O line with a top 10 pick. Defense is a much bigger need for one and poles prides himself on being able to scout o linemen late, like Braxton Jones. Carter or Anderson will be the pick unless a team offers a haul for a QB they have to have.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Carter has gotta be the pick, right? First thing Poles went after was a 3 Tech this season. He likely still wants one.
I think we need to see how FA plays out. With the cash we have, I don’t see why we don’t sign a top DT 3-tech. We may sign a DE, too.

Now, if Leatherwood, despite me not thinking he would, actually starts being our future RT. We only really need a C. Yeah, for one, this isn’t a good OL draft. So, I’m thinking we trade back or grab Carter, not the 3-4 OLB out of ‘Bama people are all jumping on right now.