Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True but it a small trade down does not necessarily mean you've sacrificed quality. It's situational and a free move at that point. Of course that small move still doesn't get you a 2nd. It's all about your own board and how a draft unfolds. I say this every year. Drafts are fluid and good GMs are better at riding the waves. A good GM will never be as close minded to opportunities as some on this board, regardless of how smart a couch GM thinks he is.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
True but it a small trade down does not necessarily mean you've sacrificed quality. It's situational and a free move at that point. Of course that small move still doesn't get you a 2nd. It's all about your own board and how a draft unfolds. I say this every year. Drafts are fluid and good GMs are better at riding the waves. A good GM will never be as close minded to opportunities as some on this board, regardless of how smart a couch GM thinks he is.
I agree with that 100%. And I think most of us here have been in agreement with that. If you can still get your guy with a small move down and pick up a little capital, that’s always a good move and should always be considered.

I believe what people are rejecting is the notion brought up by one poster that “you have to move down because you have to get more picks”. Quantity over quality. Why would getting more picks be more important than getting the right guys?

I believe most people are on the same page. One poster isn’t.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This isn’t possible. The Bears only have 4 picks, so they **have to** trade back, or something.

The only players that I think could possibly fall to 9 and I would take without considering a trade down are nabers and alt (which are both very unlikely). After that there's a group of probably around 10 guys that I'd be similarly happy with based on the value they add.

People want verse at 9 but to me he's a safe pick with a high floor and would much rather trade back and add a 2nd or 3rd while taking latu or Murphy who I think are much higher ceilings.

Awwwww you posted one of my articles I wrote under a pseudonym so flattering............
It makes sense why the article was fucking awful now. You are worthless.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only players that I think could possibly fall to 9 and I would take without considering a trade down are nabers and alt (which are both very unlikely). After that there's a group of probably around 10 guys that I'd be similarly happy with based on the value they add.

People want verse at 9 but to me he's a safe pick with a high floor and would much rather trade back and add a 2nd or 3rd while taking latu or Murphy who I think are much higher ceilings.

It makes sense why the article was fucking awful now. You are worthless.
I think that's quite viable. For me, Latu has the least upside but he may be the best right now. He already has good technique, motor and his NFL frame. Not saying he may not turn out the best as I have no idea but I see him as a more finished product than the others. Like you, I also feel Murphy is under rated as a value for this D. Turner has the most upside but he often gets washed out on runs at the college level. Rising from combine #s.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, I'm fine either way. Having said that, Poles has shown a propensity to trade down for more picks. And as he hinted at, if some GM comes along with a deal that he finds acceptable, he will not hesitate.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears pass on edge/3T in round 1, there are guys who may be available at 75.

With that scenario, I do think something happens to get us into the 2nd because addressing QB, DE/DT, IOL and WR is going to be tight and pass rushers aren’t going to last.

But a trade down isn’t necessary to get an extra pick. We have draft capital in 2025 that can be used in this draft or before the trade deadline.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Please post your thoughts after the circle jerk. Thanks.
I really don’t think they’re trading back. The top Qb prospect in the draft, arguably in the last few years, or decade depending on who you ask, and another top tier prospect is fine. We don’t NEED a second round pick when another top ten pick is perfectly fine.

The question of Verse, WR3, Alt, or CB1 (yes, this is a possibility) at 9 will answer a lot for the franchise.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I really don’t think they’re trading back. The top Qb prospect in the draft, arguably in the last few years, or decade depending on who you ask, and another top tier prospect is fine. We don’t NEED a second round pick when another top ten pick is perfectly fine.

The question of Verse, WR3, Alt, or CB1 (yes, this is a possibility) at 9 will answer a lot for the franchise.
We don't talk about cbs at 9

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bro they aren’t drafting a CB at #9.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Their draft class is Caleb, Odunze, Sweat, Keenan Allen, 3rd rounder, Bates, 4th rounder. I think it may be the best draft class since the Covert, Gault, Richardson, Duerson, Thayer, Dent, Bortz draft in 1983. We don’t need more picks.
Don't forget to add our 6th rounder (Dan Feeney) and our 7th rounder (N'Keal Harry).

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Bears might have one of the best CB groups in all of the NFL. No way are they even considering it.

Johnson
Gordon
Stevenson
Smith
If the Bears only keep 4 picks, the only way they even consider taking a cb with any pick is if he's projected to have at worst R.W. McQuarters/Azumah-like punt return ability-at best Hesteresque.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears only keep 4 picks, the only way they even consider taking a cb with any pick is if he's projected to have at worst R.W. McQuarters/Azumah-like punt return ability-at best Hesteresque.
I could see that, but only as a late round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with that 100%. And I think most of us here have been in agreement with that. If you can still get your guy with a small move down and pick up a little capital, that’s always a good move and should always be considered.

I believe what people are rejecting is the notion brought up by one poster that “you have to move down because you have to get more picks”. Quantity over quality. Why would getting more picks be more important than getting the right guys?

I believe most people are on the same page. One poster isn’t.
People need to stop looking at the NFL draft like it's the NBA, MLB or NHL drafts which are much easier to miss on players all through those drafts. The NFL draft is loaded with players who can be day one starters in multiple rounds. Now of course some will be better than others and some will be worse than others but you can find a player at 25 that will be better than a player drafted at 10 easily.

Of course i always want to have a blue chip player but this team is pretty good with already having some very good players having DJ Moore and K.Allen at WR, D.Swift at RB, C.Kmet and G.Everett at TE and soon to be C.Williams at QB and on defense we have a pretty damn good ILB core and DB core with standout J.Johnson and of course M.Sweat.

I'm all for trading down and collecting more picks with what i consider a strong full 1st round of players.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think that's quite viable. For me, Latu has the least upside but he may be the best right now. He already has good technique, motor and his NFL frame. Not saying he may not turn out the best as I have no idea but I see him as a more finished product than the others. Like you, I also feel Murphy is under rated as a value for this D. Turner has the most upside but he often gets washed out on runs at the college level. Rising from combine #s.
Happy to see more people coming around on my guy Byron Murphy. I like him at J.Newton.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t think he is. I believe his living in the world of 1 year rental that greatly supported his rookie QB while drafting his replacement and getting a comp pick back in FA next season.

I’m also fine with a short extension and taking Turner at #9.

Both Poles and Allen have mentioned wanting to be here long term. Poles usually tells us what he’s thinking if you pay attention. I expect Allen to be here long term after DJ gets an extension.

Flus has also been very open about needing a second pass rusher.

Think they have pretty much already let us know the plan.