Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's a bit of a dead horse but I think the last two seasons the team has really missed Urlacher in that role if nothing else.
There has been a complete void since BU left. Though I don't think he was even demonstrative enough for what is needed with Trestman milk toast style. Briggs is the anti leader and even Tillman when healthy is not that type. Plus it really needs to come from your front seven. They need a Ray Lewis, JJ Watt, or Patrck Willis type personality or Rod Marinelli as a coordinator. Not DJ Williams or Mel " I look like I just smelled a white Castle fart" Tucker.

He would answer that Cutler is supposed to be the leader.
Cutler is footballs Dwight Howard or Melo.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You know this will be sterile. I don't think they'll do anything until January. It's just disappointing to have the record that we have. It's disappointing that the talent is being squandered. I really don't like to be negative, but this team is too passive.

"UNACCEPTABLE"

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sunday on the radio was the first I've heard of this rotating captain thing Trestman has going. I understand his thinking behind it, I do - but it's time to move on from that.
Yeah, that sounds like something better suited for Pop Warner.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll keep an eye out for new threads in an hour then. I hope Emery has taken something away from this debacle.

I don't care if they just switch to field turf. CHANGE SOMETHING CAUSE WE SUCK RIGHT NOW!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"you can see D.J. williams is worse than Urlacher ever was right?"

"Does Jay eat apple cinnamon oatmeal to control his blood sugar before every game? Why not?"

"If you had to do your first pick as GM over again, what would you do and why?"

"Why did you pass on Chandler Jones when we needed a DE?"

Nick80

"Have you checked in with the braintrust yet Phil, if not, why? They've been spitballing for at least two weeks"

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Comment From Mark
Hi Phil, hi Larry, this is Mark. Phil, is Shea McClellin a starting-caliber NFL defender?

Phil Emery: Shea showed progress in that direction against the 49ers. He was a key contributor to our defense in our effort to beat the 49ers. Unfortunately, he was injured and he's just now getting back health-wise to where he was before the San Francisco game. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress that he makes as the season unfolds.

Protecting a draft pick at the expense of the team, unreal.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I asked this:
Phil, when can you admit that the Trestman experiment is over? time to let tucker and trestman go. lets turn around this season.

Phil Emery:
Obviously no one inside or outside of our organization is happy with our current record. We are a 3-4 football team and as it has been said you are what your record states. We're below the line as a football team right now. But I have complete trust and confidence in everybody in our organization moving forward. Our goal right now is to prove we can bounce back once again, win a football game, get to .500 and move forward on our goals.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has anyone asked why Tucker is still employed?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I asked this:
Phil, when can you admit that the Trestman experiment is over? time to let tucker and trestman go. lets turn around this season.

Phil Emery:
Obviously no one inside or outside of our organization is happy with our current record. We are a 3-4 football team and as it has been said you are what your record states. We're below the line as a football team right now. But I have complete trust and confidence in everybody in our organization moving forward. Our goal right now is to prove we can bounce back once again, win a football game, get to .500 and move forward on our goals.

I thought you were kidding. Can't believe they let that through.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
I thought you were kidding. Can't believe they let that through.

They have been letting some critical questions through. But if I hear Emery brag about the 49ers win again, I'm going to lose it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
some dude asked about changing the terrible grass field.

Phil Emery: No. 1, the Chicago Bears in the last 10 years have about a .625 winning percentage at home. We are below .500 on the road. We're in the top 10 in the NFL in home wins over the last 10 years. If I had my druthers, I'd bring the Soldier Field surface with us on the road, based on that record. That doesn't mean that we don't constantly research what is best for our players and wouldn't make an adjustment in the future.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they are actually letting these questions through, somebody should ask who's decision was it to sign Cutler to mega year contract, and top dollar, coming off a season where he missed half the games and the backup outperformed Cutler during any stretch of 7 games with the Bears, by a lot.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I also asked this:
What is the plan to limit Cutler's turnovers? We have a solid running back, why not call more runs for forte. Are we going to see more of Ka'Deem this season?

Phil Emery:
No. 1, turnovers are never on one person. No. 2, it's just a matter of being more consistent with his reads and execution with everybody involved. We've certainly seen Jay make progress as an overall player, a communicator and a leader. All of us are 3-4 right now and it's on all the individuals in our organization--players, coaches and staff--to continue to put our full efforts to win games and advance toward our goals.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:

Phil Emery: No. 1, the Chicago Bears in the last 10 years have about a .625 winning percentage at home. We are below .500 on the road. We're in the top 10 in the NFL in home wins over the last 10 years. If I had my druthers, I'd bring the Soldier Field surface with us on the road, based on that record. That doesn't mean that we don't constantly research what is best for our players and wouldn't make an adjustment in the future.

I asked about the field as well, but of course they don't answer my super critical questions.

The answer to this question basically says that we don't give a SHIT about player safety as long as we win games at home. When in the hell will the NFL step in and force them to change it?

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

What an idiotic replay by Phil.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comment From Matt
I asked last week about why Tucker still had a job since he hasn't done anything with the defense other than make them worse. I understand last year was a problem with injuries. This year we have had injuries but not to the extreme and we have a better roster that last year. When is Tucker going to start being held responsible for the demise of the defense?

Phil Emery:
No. 1, our defense has gone in a positive direction since last year and that bears out in any stat that you want to take a look at. Currently from the NFL perspective the Bears are 12th against the run, 14th versus the pass and 17th overall in terms of yardage. That's still not where we want to be, but it is marked improvement. A year ago at this time through seven games, we had nine sacks and were ranked 31st in the league in that area. We were 30th in total disruptions on the passer. Currently, we have 19 sacks and are ranked eighth in the NFL. We are ranked 20th in total disruptions, which puts us ahead of the pace that we had in 2012 in this area. Again, we're ahead in all statistical areas of the defense than we were at the end of last year. However, we're a 3-4 football team and the most important thing is to win football games, which we are all accountable for.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The turf is really a question for Ted or George.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I didn't have either of my questions answered, but I knew the answers anyway.