Phil Emery Press Conference

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I hope you all enjoyed this exercise in placating the Chicago Bears fan base and making you feel better for sucking so bad this season. I have to give Emery credit, if anything he's a master of public relations and admitting mistakes far after it's too late to fix them.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I fucking slept in late and missed it.FUCK...

Nick80

sad.gif.pagespeed.ce.WhJ5VmeSdk.gif

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
I fucking slept in late and missed it.FUCK...
Emery talked about what the next step is. The D will get younger and is upset that he put players in bad position to try and succeed and he will do a better job of have quality depth.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
maybe OP will be happier if we brought back J'Taco Webb. LOL

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would take a thousand snorchy fucking Snorches over BF51

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Emery talked about what the next step is. The D will get younger and is upset that he put players in bad position to try and succeed and he will do a better job of have quality depth.

Yeah I know, but I like to see their body language, and facial expressions to help me speculate, LOL..

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you all enjoyed this exercise in placating the Chicago Bears fan base and making you feel better for sucking so bad this season. I have to give Emery credit, if anything he's a master of public relations and admitting mistakes far after it's too late to fix them.

how is it possible a poster of your wisdom got so many red bars?

Nick80

Yeah I know, but I like to see their body language, and facial expressions to help me speculate, LOL..

A bit pained at times, constipated perhaps? :troll:

It was interesting whatever anyones expectations before the start.

Monster

Liked Posts:
# two offense in the league...
a good start...

The D is another story...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Thanks for stating the obvious Phil. Is this because we have so many free agents left on defense and most of the defense is old? Tell us again how Shea McClellin was drafted and designated as a base 4-3 end that can play all three downs. Oh wait now you've changed, Shea was brought in to be a situational rusher on nickel downs as a nickel rusher. Then explain to us why you drafted a nickel rusher in the first round of the NFL draft, and why drafting a situational rusher when there is clearly better DE value left on the board is a good idea. Oh you left out the part how it's a dumb strategy to go with Mark Anderson in the first round instead of in the fifth round like Jerry Angelo did.

Now Phil, you did an excellent job of explaining how the defense is going to change and how it will be more aggressive up front and it will be out there trying to confuse the QB presnap and post snap....but why didn't you notice this was Mel Tucker's M.O. when you made this hire?

To quote FootballOutsiders: "The Bears stuck with simplicity in hiring former Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker. Tucker runs one of the most player-oriented vanilla schemes in the league, and that bit him in 2012."

Everyone else knew it was a stupid simple defense before the season started.

Remember when everyone said at the beginning of the season that running with only three active DTs on the roster was going to be a bad idea? Great you realized it was a mistake after the season was over, why didn't you see it at that moment?

Football isn't about correcting mistakes, it's about being smart enough to not make the mistakes in the first place. Congratulations you "learned from your mistakes" but all these mistakes that you made, Brandon Hardin, Shea McClellin, ultra vanilla defense, Jon Bostic playing the MIKE 'backer spot etc were all things that we saw happening before they did, why didn't you?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always value the opinion of a blogger over that of an NFL GM.