Pick the Bears 2011 Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
As already mentioned, Bill Cowher would be great.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would love Mike Singletary or Jeff Fisher but I think Samuari still has two years left and Fisher one after 2010. Chico Rivera would bring back the defense from the depths of Lovie's Cover-who? and since he's never been a HC...the Bears could get him on the cheap. You KNOW the Bear mangement would love that part.

j11430

Liked Posts:
Jeff Fisher or bill cowher. Really anyone other than Lovie, i can't stand the guy

Nerrad

Liked Posts:
I really truly believe, lovie smith will still be the bears head coach no matter what

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone but Lovie.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love Mike Singletary or Jeff Fisher but I think Samuari still has two years left and Fisher one after 2010. Chico Rivera would bring back the defense from the depths of Lovie's Cover-who? and since he's never been a HC...the Bears could get him on the cheap. You KNOW the Bear mangement would love that part.

Yah, there's no prying Samurai Mike from SF.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Joel Quenville..lol I can picture him in the striped bears sweater Ditka used to wear..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
PS. LOL @ the notion the Bears would pay two head coaches top dollar.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Our organization needs a good house cleaning from top to bottom, starting with Ted Phillips, Jerry Angelo, and Lovie Smith and his entire staff.

As prope pointed out the McCaskeys are too fucking cheap to make a commitment to bring in people who know how to be successful in todays NFL.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our organization needs a good house cleaning from top to bottom, starting with Ted Phillips, Jerry Angelo, and Lovie Smith and his entire staff.

As prope pointed out the McCaskeys are too fucking cheap to make a commitment to bring in people who know how to be successful in todays NFL.

That's not necessarily the case.

Nerrad

Liked Posts:
Truthfully.. I agree..

We'll probably be just barely good enough to keep him around.

but I think still, even if we go 3-13, lovie is the bears head coach. This organization wont pay 2 head coaches because its :turrible:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but I think still, even if we go 3-13, lovie is the bears head coach. This organization wont pay 2 head coaches because its :turrible:

They'll be willing to pay two.

The new one will be on the cheap route.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Problem with the McCaskey's is that unlike most NFL owners, or for that matter most owners of pro sports franchises, this is all the know. I don't think they really have any other business interests like others do.

Point being, when they talk about paying two coaches, they actually mean that. Think of Dan Snyder and the Redskins. You're talking about the guy who started (or was the CEO, I can't remember/don't really care to look it up) FedEx and was a life long 'Skins fan. He doesn't need the money from the Redskins, because he knows come Christmas time his fucking stock is going to skyrocket.

The Redskins are a toy to him. The McCaskey's probably see the Bears at what puts food on their table.

Status
Not open for further replies.