Pipe Dreams

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Copper for me! A shit load of that would have some good scrap value

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Several people on here sound more like Packers fans than Bears fans. When you wish for you team to lose because you don't like the coach or GM is crazy. I hope Wentz takes us to the Super Bowl. Not because I like Wentz but because I'm a Bears fan.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Several people on here sound more like Packers fans than Bears fans. When you wish for you team to lose because you don't like the coach or GM is crazy. I hope Wentz takes us to the Super Bowl. Not because I like Wentz but because I'm a Bears fan.

Let me dumb it down for you.

It's about the big picture. Think long term. Everyone wants a dynasty. Pace and Nagy have proven they aren't going to make that happen. Therefore the bears need to lose so that Pace/Nagy get fired and the bears can get a GM and coach who they can win with.

Obviously everyone would rather all of their current players and coaches would just start winning all the time. They just haven't shown the ability to do that up to this point.

Like, I wish my old car would start running reliably, I just don't see it happening without me fixing it because I don't believe in magic.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's about the big picture. Think long term. Everyone wants a dynasty. Pace and Nagy have proven they aren't going to make that happen. Therefore the bears need to lose so that Pace/Nagy get fired and the bears can get a GM and coach who they can win with.

Obviously everyone would rather all of their current players and coaches would just start winning all the time. They just haven't shown the ability to do that up to this point.

Like, I wish my old car would start running reliably, I just don't see it happening without me fixing it because I don't believe in magic.
Your analogy is kind of off because a new coach and GM is akin to getting a new car not fixing the old one. ;)

vanavyman

Liked Posts:

The same dumb asses will pick the next GM and HC that have picked the last several. I've not been impressed with a Bears hire since Ditka. Doesn't mean I want the Bears to lose. I've rooted for them to win for over 50 years and will continue. If you want a well run team there are several out there. Don't think we will be in that category until the team is sold, soon, when the fight begins, after the oldest owner passes.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Your analogy is kind of off because a new coach and GM is akin to getting a new car not fixing the old one. ;)

No, the team is the car. You're not getting a new team, you're fixing the problems with the team.

Come on man.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
People are forgetting that Watson has a no trade clause in his contract.

So it doesnt matter what team has the most to offer, it comes down to the team Watson wants to play for thats offering the most.

All the teams the OP listed could offer 10 1st round picks and it wouldn’t matter if Watson doesn’t want to play for them.

I’m not saying the Bears will trade for him but some are thinking Watson is going to the highest bidder and that’s not how it’s going to work.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Yet if we went 5-11 instead of 8-8, we'd be in WAY better position to fix our QB/coaching/GM problems. Sometimes losing is for the greater good.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a recent Athletic article they actually say there are rumors Urban would consider trading the #1 pick for Watson. Interesting.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what Watson is, a pipe dream. Nothing more. The following teams have infinitely more to offer the Texans than the Chicago Bears:
1. Jacksonville
2. Jets
3. Dolphins
4. Eagles
5. Panthers

And those are the teams in the top 10. I'm sure there are more that I'm missing. As Bears fans, we have three options:
1. Trade: Wentz is probably the best bet.
2. Draft: put who is going to be there at 20?
3. Mitch. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd love Watson. Would be over the moon if they could trade for him. Too bad it's unrealistic.

Some of you need to get over the fact that Watson will not be a Chicago Bear.

Detroit would slot in there about 2-3, and no way Jacksonville is not going to pick Lawrence. Fuck, Detroit could give up 5 firsts and Goff.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Detroit would slot in there about 2-3, and no way Jacksonville is not going to pick Lawrence. Fuck, Detroit could give up 5 firsts and Goff.
I wasn't ranking these teams.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And I never suggested that Jacksonville was going to make a trade.