1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
tumblr_mpavg8c3B91r4u339o2_250.gif

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Nothing like taking on the best team in the league right now...at least the Cup will be there tomorrow. Maybe it will give them some inspiration.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Scott Hariston on the bench since June 23.

Hits a HR :X

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cubs suck. Pirates are our daddies.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;QLbcfzdtc2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbcfzdtc2M[/video]

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is really the least fundamentally team in the league. I guess that Cubs way isn't working so well. Didn't Jim Hendry get blamed when other Cubs team were not fundamentally sound? Somebody needs to get heat on them for the way this team plays. 3 triples today that shouldn't have been triples. Stolen bases everywhere. Dioner Navarro and Dave Sappelt in our top 3 lineup spots. Un fucking real

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yep. Hendry got thrown under the bus big time for poor fundamental play.

The #TheoSpankFest gets a pass or a flood of apologies at worst.

Not only do you have Sappelt and Navarro in the top 3 (Navarro actually is 2 for 2 pending the current AB), but you also have the Franchise 1B hitting 6th behind Cody Ransom.

Awesome

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't understand how teams like the Cardinals no matter who the GM is or the manager don't have these issues, but the Cubs no matter who is the GM or the manager still do.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I still don't understand how teams like the Cardinals no matter who the GM is or the manager don't have these issues, but the Cubs no matter who is the GM or the manager still do.

apparently having a top farm system in baseball is beneficial.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is it just that they are better teachers in the minor leagues? That has always been one theory, but is it more than that. Is it picking the right guys as well? I really don't understand it but every manager has come in with the goal of changing fundamental play of the team. And it still seems like the mistakes are contagious no matter who is here.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

The Cardinals farm system was in the bottom five 2-3 years ago.

It has nothing to do with the #1 ranking they have this year.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Good point. My take is that once you don a Cardinal or Yankee uniform, their is always an immediate impact to be a winner, play the game fundamentally and right, hustle always, and keep the tradition a winning one.

Losing teams have traditions of losing for a reason. Their are exceptions on both sides to teams suddenly making the playoffs, or good teams not, but change is needed for this team in a big way throughout the organization of what will be tolerated, and what won't be. If that means getting rid of players, so be it regardless of who they are.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cardinals farm system was in the bottom five 2-3 years ago.

It has nothing to do with the #1 ranking they have this year.

But the fact that their players come up and seem to know how to play baseball would be because they have better coaches or do a better job of picking players wouldn't it?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yep. Hendry got thrown under the bus big time for poor fundamental play.

The #TheoSpankFest gets a pass or a flood of apologies at worst.

Not only do you have Sappelt and Navarro in the top 3 (Navarro actually is 2 for 2 pending the current AB), but you also have the Franchise 1B hitting 6th behind Cody Ransom.

Awesome

Doesn't help that our "franchise" first baseman sucks ass. Especially since getting paid.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
But the fact that their players come up and seem to know how to play baseball would be because they have better coaches or do a better job of picking players wouldn't it?

Those organizational rankings that get done are based on talent, not fundamentals.

I would have to imagine that fundamentals is well down on the list of criteria used in creating those lists.

Oscar Tavares isn't considered a top prospect because he hits the cutoff man, knows what base to throw to or will go from second to third on a ground ball to the 2B.

No argument that the Cardinals never seem to have this problem, but it isn't because of where Baseball America or others rank them.

Other than that, I have no answer why they don't seem to have these problems.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those organizational rankings that get done are based on talent, not fundamentals.

I would have to imagine that fundamentals is well down on the list of criteria used in creating those lists.

Oscar Tavares isn't considered a top prospect because he hits the cutoff man, knows what base to throw to or will go from second to third on a ground ball to the 2B.

No argument that the Cardinals never seem to have this problem, but it isn't because of where Baseball America or others rank them.
And that isn't what I was asking. I agree that BA rankings is based on talent. That isn't what I was saying was good about the Cards farm system. The fact that they don't have these problems is either because they have better coaches in the minors that teach them this stuff on the way up, they do a better job of identifying players for that stuff or some combination of the two. I am just fascinated why no matter who is in charge this seems to be an issue here and no matter who is in charge there it isn't.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't help that our "franchise" first baseman sucks ass. Especially since getting paid.

Well today there is plenty of blame to go around including the guy who is suppose to be the anchor of our staff going forward.