Pirates at Cubs IST

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Well today there is plenty of blame to go around including the guy who is suppose to be the anchor of our staff going forward.

Yeah, we all suck, really. No one has been consistent with maybe the exception of Woody. People think guys like Rizzo are good, but comparing them to the other Cubs he has looked great because we are terrible. Now even Rizzo just sucks too. Imagine if we had a Miggy on this team.... He would look like Ted Williams.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I went to the game today. Stupid, stupid me......

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

patg006

Liked Posts:
You supported the #TheoSpankfest

:obama: :cubstroll:

I'm going August 12th.

Went to see Shark pitch, didnt pay for seats--buddy had extras.

Castro looked lazy at short, could have prevented 2-3 runs if he made diving efforts defensively. Sveum is also an idiot; Rodriguez pitched a great 7th and should have been in during the 8th, yet I got to see Rondon shit himself. Strop looks like a beauty though. Hope the cubs dont decide he's a closer or something.

Cubs again made Liriano look like the best in baseball. This guy threw everything over the plate, and I have never seen so many 'i dare you to pull the ball' defensive switches on Rizzo, I thought he should have bunted down the 3rd base line and standard left field as both were uninhabited; shortstop played close to 2nd, LF to left center, center to right center, right to right, 3B to shallow right. 64 pitches going into the 7th inning for Liriano. A lot of contact made--right to pirates players. This team sucks and needs hitters.

Somebody has to remind me why Sappelt is allowed on any major league roster. Clueless defensive plays (misplayed 2 fly ball outs turning them into doubles, leading to the 3 run 3rd) and dog shit at the plate. Scott Hairston is a big turd too.

Give it to the pirates, the shat all over a terrible team. I'm still curious if they're going to keep all of their talent.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Went to see Shark pitch, didnt pay for seats--buddy had extras.

Castro looked lazy at short, could have prevented 2-3 runs if he made diving efforts defensively. Sveum is also an idiot; Rodriguez pitched a great 7th and should have been in during the 8th, yet I got to see Rondon shit himself. Strop looks like a beauty though. Hope the cubs dont decide he's a closer or something.

Cubs again made Liriano look like the best in baseball. This guy threw everything over the plate, and I have never seen so many 'i dare you to pull the ball' defensive switches on Rizzo, I thought he should have bunted down the 3rd base line and standard left field as both were uninhabited; shortstop played close to 2nd, LF to left center, center to right center, right to right, 3B to shallow right. 64 pitches going into the 7th inning for Liriano. A lot of contact made--right to pirates players. This team sucks and needs hitters.

Somebody has to remind me why Sappelt is allowed on any major league roster. Clueless defensive plays (misplayed 2 fly ball outs turning them into doubles, leading to the 3 run 3rd) and dog shit at the plate. Scott Hairston is a big turd too.

Give it to the pirates, the shat all over a terrible team. I'm still curious if they're going to keep all of their talent.

That's impressive. You went to a Cubs game and found one positive on the team, that being Strop.

Please tell the beer hasn't gone skunky too like the Cubs have. :beer:

patg006

Liked Posts:
That's impressive. You went to a Cubs game and found one positive on the team, that being Strop.

Please tell the beer hasn't gone skunky too like the Cubs have. :beer:

No......pregamed before at my place, I'm not dumb enough to drop 7.75 on an old pile or budweiser when another 4 dollars gets me a 12 pack of above average beers. I'm not in college anymore, I got some class!

Strop has been pleasant 2 games now, gotta take small victories when I can I guess.....

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
No......pregamed before at my place, I'm not dumb enough to drop 7.75 on an old pile or budweiser when another 4 dollars gets me a 12 pack of above average beers. I'm not in college anymore, I got some class!

Strop has been pleasant 2 games now, gotta take small victories when I can I guess.....

Smart. Of course you could have bought a Happy Meal across the street for cheap, and still supported Rickett's.

Oh, I forgot. You said you are not in college anymore. :smug2:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Soriano is doing his best to try and get traded.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What were saving Hariston for?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;Jt-YSHAr7c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-YSHAr7c0[/video]

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Error be damned - great play by Barney to get out of the 10th.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bases loaded with 0 outs :X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
images

[video=youtube;A9XtDyDUjIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9XtDyDUjIU[/video]

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back to 10 games under .500. Last year the latest the Cubs managed to be just 10 games under was around May 20th. We will see what exactly is all told with the sell off, but I don't think you will see the epicly bad finish of 2012 this year with four major league quality starters taking the ball rest of the way barring injury.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
That song always ruins a little bit of the good feeling after a W.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Back to 10overalles under .500. Last year the latest the Cubs managed to be just 10 games under was around May 20th. We will see what exactly is all told with the sell off, but I don't think you will see the epicly bad finish of 2012 this year with four major league quality starters taking the ball rest of the way barring injury.

no doubt their a bit better team overall then last year. what killing them mostly is scoring runs consistently and late inning pen