Pirri traded to Panthers

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Olsen/Hayes gets Steeger.
Pirri gets draft picks.

:enough:

Dale had to eventually look like the guy on top of one of these trades. Pirri just wasn't gonna fit in the log jam of players the Hawks have now.

Since Morin also is in the similar boat, id rather keep him as a regular next season than be hopeful for Pirri. Even if Morin gets Stalberg treatment he should be effective on a 4th line.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I don't like the trade personally... But I like the idea of getting more draft picks... I just don't find the value of a 3rd and 5th the equivalent of Pirri... He proved he can play and score in the NHL...

He is also 22 years old... which is really really young...

Is he going to be a 1st line center, unlikely... does he have a chance to become a solid 3rd line player yes... does he have a shot at becoming a 2nd line center someday... the potential is definitely their...

I understand the move I just wish we got more from the trade...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't like the trade personally... But I like the idea of getting more draft picks... I just don't find the value of a 3rd and 5th the equivalent of Pirri... He proved he can play and score in the NHL...

He is also 22 years old... which is really really young...

Is he going to be a 1st line center, unlikely... does he have a chance to become a solid 3rd line player yes... does he have a shot at becoming a 2nd line center someday... the potential is definitely their...

I understand the move I just wish we got more from the trade...

I don't know how much more value you can expect from a guy that only had 13 points in 38 career NHL games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much more value you can expect from a guy that only had 13 points in 38 career NHL games.

Well, we can keep an eye on his development over a few years down in Florida. This system and current group clearly wasn't a good fit but we recouped some value on a lost pick and move on.

He is one of those guys that could do really well somewhere else, but we have to remember that does'nt mean anything if he could never be what we needed.

Tuevo is so exciting of a player that this mistake and failure to develop means nothing if Tuevo is the real deal. If we have a young 20 year old phenom at center next year than we might have a 1C playing 2C for 5-10 years.

I was excited for Pirri, but Shaw is developing really well and Kruger has an excitement and tenacity to his game that seems to inspire the entire team. Those guys are so valuable its insane, and I think Shaw is a perfect fit with this group too.

All we really need is for Morin or Bickell to score to get some production out of that role, and for Tuevo to be a legit 2C.

If that were to happen this year I don't know how lucky we are but pretty damn lucky to find a phenom drafting 30th. lol.....it would be a mistake the rest of the league would pay for for a decade, and we could transition from Hossa to Tuevo in salary dispersion while having them both for 2-4 years.