Play calling distroying Howard

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Predictable for Trubisky is predictable for Howard.

Even worse for Howard is they've used the run to avoid passing so much I'm sure teams know what's coming even more than fans do. They've had film to study how he runs and how the line blocks for him. And with no real threat to pass that's all they had to focus on.

But after 12 games we were able to do some slants weren't we.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Predictable for Trubisky is predictable for Howard.

Even worse for Howard is they've used the run to avoid passing so much I'm sure teams know what's coming even more than fans do. They've had film to study how he runs and how the line blocks for him. And with no real threat to pass that's all they had to focus on.

But after 12 games we were able to do some slants weren't we.

But why is this? Why is it that Fox/Loggains game plan a 15 attempt game? What are they hiding? Fox has to know he is coaching for his job at this point.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here it is boys:

1st down runs:
3yds
2yds
14yds
0yds
0yds
2yds
1yd
1yd
3yds

9car for 27yds. Scary part is to remove the 14yder and its 13yds on 8car.

1st down passes:
1 for 13yds
1 Incompletion
1 for 4yd scramble
1 (at the half) for 2yds

basically 1-2 for 13yds and a 4yd scramble

1 1st down that turned out to be a fumbled snap--not sure if it was a run or pass play

The 49ers had 10 or 11 in the box regularly on 1st and there were too many runs on 1st down and no play action......pathetic coaching and playcalling....

But why is this? Why is it that Fox/Loggains game plan a 15 attempt game? What are they hiding? Fox has to know he is coaching for his job at this point.

I agree..The only thing we know for sure is that there is a deliberate attempt to limit downfield passing..Maybe Trubisky is having trouble grasping the game at this level, so theyre trying not to overload him?..I know for sure that he has that dumb expression on his face, and that scares me

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Hiding poor coaching is all I can think hiding would save. The players are on Pace.

Trubisky has talent. If he's inconsistent that is what a rookie is. But they did fail to coach him (as a starter) in the off season.
Oline has talent but allows uncontested defense through. Compare to the time Garopolo had to stand back there.
WRs may have been down to backups and PS but backups should be ready to play.
What better way to hide all that than use the most ready to plug and play natural talent players there are, RBs.

I wonder why weren't they coached? (But I also wonder how it's possible through many HCs we always have our defense coached to leave WRs open and not look for the ball.)
Maybe like coaches can lose players Pace lost his coaches with Glennon.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I agree..The only thing we know for sure is that there is a deliberate attempt to limit downfield passing..Maybe Trubisky is having trouble grasping the game at this level, so theyre trying not to overload him?..I know for sure that he has that dumb expression on his face, and that scares me

He hadn't had that problem in college and since they haven't used it in pros much and the few times they have it hasn't been a problem and has been successful sometimes why would they think he's having trouble?

They also avoided it with Glennon until they had to. Why wait until you have to if you can try it when you don't?
I think it's just a piss poor game philosophy. These are the people who held Cohen out because he drew double teams.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:

Troll

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiding poor coaching is all I can think hiding would save. The players are on Pace.

Trubisky has talent. If he's inconsistent that is what a rookie is. But they did fail to coach him (as a starter) in the off season.
Oline has talent but allows uncontested defense through. Compare to the time Garopolo had to stand back there.
WRs may have been down to backups and PS but backups should be ready to play.
What better way to hide all that than use the most ready to plug and play natural talent players there are, RBs.

I wonder why weren't they coached? (But I also wonder how it's possible through many HCs we always have our defense coached to leave WRs open and not look for the ball.)
Maybe like coaches can lose players Pace lost his coaches with Glennon.

Maybe, I guess we will find out next year. Not convinced you are right, but allowing for the possibility........

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hadn't had that problem in college and since they haven't used it in pros much and the few times they have it hasn't been a problem and has been successful sometimes why would they think he's having trouble?

They also avoided it with Glennon until they had to. Why wait until you have to if you can try it when you don't?
I think it's just a piss poor game philosophy. These are the people who held Cohen out because he drew double teams.

I hope I didnt come across as defending Fox or Loggains..It wasnt intended that way..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just remember one play in particular, the ball was on the right hash, they put an extra tight end, then the receivers on that right side, it was almost like they could have held hands and made it to the sidelines, they ran that way and Howard ran out of room and went out of bounds after a 3 yard gain.

I really don't mind Howard not taking extra punishment now, but eventually all running backs are done by 30 is gonna get here anyway.