Poles Has 5 Picks, What's He End With?

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, the 3 years to get an offense, just in time to lose the offense we had. Then a single bad pick brings it all crashing down for another 15-20 years. It must be Groundhog's Day again.

Maybe ruining a #1 like CW with all eyes on us will finally get this organization to wake up.

What??
What offense,?? DJ MOORE and Kmet with an ok oline.....??
after DJ,theres no wr........
Blasphemy I know but trade the 1.

There are talented passers in this draft not named CW.

It is the most viable way to fill the huge gap between 9 and 75.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm actually looking forward to what happens after Caleb arrives in Chicago.
I totally agree,there are talented qbs out there,l,I would not mind Drake Maye......

The way the PFF mock sims are trending... there won't be a top 3 WR or Bowers available @ 9. (damn near guaranteeing a trade back by Poles)

We'll see if it's really all offense in the first 8 picks...
I really they are right,and still very uncertain Bowers will be there either,but thats when you go top olineman.......we can not miss on this pick.
It’s not that we don’t want the talented Bowers or WR. It’s just we desperately need to protect Williams with a line. If we don’t? Those top receivers won’t have top numbers at all if Williams can’t buy some time because the o-line sucks.

Everything can’t get fixed in this one offseason. You can only do so much. So Poles gets talent lineman or talented receivers. We will see.
No it cant be fixed in 1 offseason,but we can get that offense off to one helluva start by taking a cream of the crop wr or ol........
You dont waste a qb of Calebs skill because you wanna start trading down for watered down players.....
We have a ton of money for freeagency to add a bon-a-fide player to help fill a hole....
We need to have the best we can get,and we have that chance.....

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
What??

I totally agree,there are talented qbs out there,l,I would not mind Drake Maye......

I really they are right,and still very uncertain Bowers will be there either,but thats when you go top olineman.......we can not miss on this pick.

No it cant be fixed in 1 offseason,but we can get that offense off to one helluva start by taking a cream of the crop wr or ol........
You dont waste a qb of Calebs skill because you wanna start trading down for watered down players.....
We have a ton of money for freeagency to add a bon-a-fide player to help fill a hole....
LOL So replace a good QB with a bust that does not want to be here. Poles drafts CW and it's his last draft here.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
There is no way Poles walks out of this draft with just the 5 picks.
I think he makes enough trades to end with 8.
What say you?
I am saying, 640 picks, but that is just a guess, could be 5.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
LOL So replace a good QB with a bust that does not want to be here. Poles drafts CW and it's his last draft here.
The odds of this being true are astronomically low.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What??

You are the problem. Stop being happy with mediocrity and the McCaskeys will stop serving you shit and calling it a glizzy.

The offense has 4 WR sets, 5 oline spots.
You're happy with 1WR that gives the defense the ability to take him out of the game and 2 OTs that allows the defense to have a clear shot up the middle and a TE by year 3.
At that rate by the time you have the rest of the offense DJ and Kmet are gone. You could pay them but if you're not willing to build an offense now you won't be willing to pay them either. You want to stick with the lather rinse repeat plan of the last 40 years.

If you get Williams you commit to building a complete offense by the '24 season start. Don't be happy if it gets done by year 3, demand that it's a powerhouse offense by year 3.
No QB can or ever has done it alone like you think they can.
They are not the Rexcuses you think it is. '06 had a much better offense and even it was pretty bland in spots but at least they had something.

Everything can’t get fixed in this one offseason. You can only do so much. So Poles gets talent lineman or talented receivers. We will see.

I disagree. I was doing some draft sims last night at a place that allows trades (but #1 trade offers by me weren't working right, #2 for #1 straight up was a bad offer LOL so I couldn't play around with fishing for Maye instead). It does use trade value charts but gets throw for a loop with player values.

Williams, #9 to Raiders - Thomas JR WR, Frazier C - Raiders 2nd, OGs in 3rd and 4th.
I did it and had picks left over from the trade (meh picks) and I wasn't including a Fields trade. It may not be a powerhouse but it seemed like a good start and it doesn't include FA. It just takes the Bears committing to doing whatever it takes to build an offense for their shiny new QB. Something they should've done for the last 3 shiny new QBs (and really since the '85 team).

Without the #9 trade I was still able to do it with Odunze although I'd probably skip the lesser C and fish hard for Connor Williams in that case.

Yes it means mostly ignore the defense but they've been overly focused on defense since Poles got here. If Flus can't do it with the talent he's acquired so far he's not the defensive genius he claims to be.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So after messing with a draft sim I'll say 8 picks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cade McNown
Michael Haynes
Curtis Enis
Shea McClellin
Kevin White

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Hiw do you know he is gonna bea bust.....you dont.......
And howdoyou know JF is the guy......you dont....
You are the problem. Stop being happy with mediocrity and the McCaskeys will stop serving you shit.......

Lol......Im the problem......??

Ur dumb

So the only way we win is to trade number 9 away..........thats dumb.
You have no idea what that 9 is worth in a trade down.
Its gonna sit around pick 13-16 and maybe a 2nd most likley added TO NEXT SEASON,and I highly doubt this years 3rd,damn dude think about it,no one will be giving up this years 2ndfor no.9.

Keep the no.9.....

My scenario:
Cw-DJ-Rome or Nabers or Bowers-Kmet

Whats yours......??

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Oh the irony.
A complete moron who can't spell or form sentences better than a 3rd grader calling someone dumb.
You left the interior as a gaping hole, dummy. No QB, let alone a rookie can deal with that.

Mine is Williams, Odunze or Thomas JR (WR), DJ, possibly Malik Washington or Rice (WR), Frazier (C) and 2 OGs 3rd-4th.

There are options at WR that a slight trade doesn't destroy and they're not the ridiculously stupid trades others come up with.

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh the irony.
A complete moron who can't spell or form sentences better than a 3rd grader calling someone dumb.
You left the interior as a gaping hole, dummy. No QB, let alone a rookie can deal with that.

Mine is Williams, Odunze or Thomas JR (WR), DJ, possibly Malik Washington or Rice (WR), Frazier (C) and 2 OGs 3rd-4th.

There are options at WR that a slight trade doesn't destroy and they're not the ridiculously stupid trades others come up with.

Thomas is a very good pick.....

Will admit that,but a top olineman would be better suited than a 4th or 5th rated wr if the top 3 are gone.And Rice,last I seen,was arated 15-20 in wr rankings. In other words no thanks.
Yes,center is a glaring need,but its called freeagency,Im just hoping Bates is final. Or perhaps Mitch Morse.
You dont water down the prospects on a team thatsa couple players away from being a playoff team last season. Namely qb and a 2nd wr.
We have a chance of a lifetime to get the best qb Bears have ever had and you want to water it down .
I would almost be a million dollars we trade down from 9,that extra pick will not be in the form of this year,it will be 2025. That does not relate into play this season,so where does that help us out this year?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was told draft picks are risky and can bust.....

I say he follows that advice, trades em all and ends up with 0 pick

Guarantees his 2024 draft class has 0 busts!!!!
I always appreciate the deep thought and insight you add to the discussion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was told draft picks are risky and can bust.....

I say he follows that advice, trades em all and ends up with 0 pick

Guarantees his 2024 draft class has 0 busts!!!!
giphy.webp

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
To hell with a trade down from 9,I do not care ifit garners 2 extra picks,take no.9 and draft a top 3 wr or Bowers or the top ot thatsaailable.......
Wedojoeedany ecuse in 2025thatCWneeds moreelp.....none!! Zero!!

We have waited our entire life forthechance of a lietime qb,and you people wantto trade down for morepucks because we have 5......

Do you wantto CW with an offense thatsgot top players??
Or an offensewith watereddown players??

Take your picl,but Im going with top of the line player........
Excuse me, but I'm told CW is generational and won't need any help because that's what great players do, elevate the entire team.
Otherwise keep JF and build. We have no idea what JF could have done or become with some help, so don't start
the CW excuse train now.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What??

CW excuse train now boarding on track # 1.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Thomas is a very good pick.....

Will admit that,but a top olineman would be better suited than a 4th or 5th rated wr if the top 3 are gone.And Rice,last I seen,was arated 15-20 in wr rankings. In other words no thanks.
Yes,center is a glaring need,but its called freeagency,Im just hoping Bates is final. Or perhaps Mitch Morse.
You dont water down the prospects on a team thatsa couple players away from being a playoff team last season. Namely qb and a 2nd wr.
We have a chance of a lifetime to get the best qb Bears have ever had and you want to water it down .
I would almost be a million dollars we trade down from 9,that extra pick will not be in the form of this year,it will be 2025. That does not relate into play this season,so where does that help us out this year?

If you have DJ and Thomas/Odunze as your #1 and #2 you don't need a 3rd great WR. It would be nice but you don't need it. A #3 and #4 level WR is OK.

You could also get Connor Williams in FA. But don't talk like Bates who is coming from PS and being a backup is going to be an instant starting god before he's even snapped a ball. If we get Williams or Maye #1 we need to get Center figured out ASAP and not rely on low level players being turned into gods by this staff. At worst we end up with 2 good centers and trade one. That's a lot better than ending up with Whitehair, Mustipher and Patrick as our centers.

You're watering down the whole offense by focusing all your resources into few players. Just like we needed 5th-7th bodies 2 years ago we need more talented bodies now if we get a #1QB. If you can't figure out how to do that then it's the #1QB you can't afford, build around Fields and worry about a better QB later. But if Williams is truly generational can't pass up you need to give him an offense not just 1 player on offense.

I think Poles can find some pretty good OGs in the 3rd-4th if he can find them in the 5th. You usually don't need to spend 1s and 2s on OGs. Those are very special cases.

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Excuse me, but I'm told CW is generational and won't need any help because that's what great players do, elevate the entire team.
Otherwise keep JF and build. We have no idea what JF could have done or become with some help, so don't start
the CW excuse train now.

CW is not superman.,who said he was?

Every great qb has great players around him......who said he dorsn't need anyone?

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have DJ and Thomas/Odunze as your #1 and #2 you don't need a 3rd great WR. It would be nice but you don't need it. A #3 and #4 level WR is OK.

You could also get Connor Williams in FA. But don't talk like Bates who is coming from PS and being a backup is going to be an instant starting god before he's even snapped a ball. If we get Williams or Maye #1 we need to get Center figured out ASAP and not rely on low level players being turned into gods by this staff. At worst we end up with 2 good centers and trade one. That's a lot better than ending up with Whitehair, Mustipher and Patrick as our centers.

You're watering down the whole offense by focusing all your resources into few players. Just like we needed 5th-7th bodies 2 years ago we need more talented bodies now if we get a #1QB. If you can't figure out how to do that then it's the #1QB you can't afford, build around Fields and worry about a better QB later. But if Williams is truly generational can't pass up you need to give him an offense not just 1 player on offense.

I think Poles can find some pretty good OGs in the 3rd-4th if he can find them in the 5th. You usually don't need to spend 1s and 2s on OGs. Those are very special cases.

I have no idea if Bates is the guy,Im kind of scratching my head on this one.

Connor Williams is kind of worrisome being he tore an acl in December,how do you know he will be readyy by the time the season starts?

You negate the fact that freeagency is next werk for our so-called ectra picks we can use.
JF will land us another pick,hopefully a 2nd,but I see a 3rd.

We have two of the top 9 picks,use that to get the top of the line offensive playerd. We should not be thinking at the end of the season,damn CW needs more help..
Any other Im on agreement wiith trading down,but this year is a little different.