Poles will pull off the double trade down this year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If Washington is willing to give up even their first next year for Williams in a trade-down to #2, you've got to think about it. Maye and Daniels are both still there if you want to move on from Fields, and with how drafting/developing QBs are so fucking random, you could very well still come away with the best QB of the draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If Washington is willing to give up even their first next year for Williams in a trade-down to #2, you've got to think about it. Maye and Daniels are both still there if you want to move on from Fields, and with how drafting/developing QBs are so fucking random, you could very well still come away with the best QB of the draft.
There’s no reason to move on from Fields for lesser prospects like Maye And Daniels. You don’t take QB2a and 2b when MHJ or another trade down is on the table.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Would be rare move but in this scenario you can still grab a QB to develop like Nix, Penix, or Rattler outside the top 10. Ideally I prefer going after Russell Wilson, trading Fields, and building up the roster as long as Poles still has a good QB prospect waiting in the wings. That’s the long-term plan this franchise has never tried before.
1707050102544.jpeg

Nelly

Liked Posts:
There’s no reason to move on from Fields for lesser prospects like Maye And Daniels. You don’t take QB2a and 2b when MHJ or another trade down is on the table.
It depends on what Poles and company feel about the QB prospects. There's never consensus there and who knows, maybe they see a critical flaw with Williams. We don't know.

In other words, if we ended up with the 2nd overall pick instead of the first, would we still draft Maye or Daniels? If so, maybe go that route and pick up the extra draft capital, then maybe use it to trade back up for MHJ if that's there. I do think it's most likely we just stand pat and draft Williams though.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I honestly don’t think he has the stomach for the uncertainty that it would take to make it logistically happen.

To pull it off, he’d probably have to do it on draft night, and Poles isn’t the kind of guy to leave huge decisions like these to chance, or put them at someone else’s mercy.
I think he would move from #1 to #2 after the combine but before the draft. He then would begin fielding offers for #2 if he got an offer he likes he could get it all done prior to the draft. I think there will be enough demand for #2 that he would get offers he likes before draft night or he could ride it out and see what is offered on draft night. Worst case he is at #2 and picks MHJ along with the picks from WAS.

Either way I don't think it all has to happen on on draft day.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don’t trade Michael Jordan. I can’t make it any more clear than this. The Bears are going to do everything to show Caleb Williams this is the place to be and he is going to be the largest star in this city since Jordan.

Don’t do that. Please don’t ever compare this kid to Jordan again. It’s not fair to CW and it sure as fuck ain’t fair to MJ.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Holy shit! Caleb Williams is Michael Jordan now? This shit is hilarious! Just stop. Please. You’re embarrassing yourself. Arguably the greatest basketball player ever, and I’m a Knicks fan! Fuck…

What the fuck is wrong with people. Kid’s a good prospect. People calling him Jordan before he’s even played a down? Wow!
How about Thibs?? Miss that man here - y'all are back to those mid 90s Knicks teams again - fucking awesome.

And the Caleb hype is out of control. It's not consensus that he's even better than Maye. I'm a massive Fields fan but trading back to 2 with the proposed trade and getting Maye would be the far superior path if we're moving on from Justin.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy shit! Caleb Williams is Michael Jordan now? This shit is hilarious! Just stop. Please. You’re embarrassing yourself. Arguably the greatest basketball player ever, and I’m a Knicks fan! Fuck…

What the fuck is wrong with people. Kid’s a good prospect. People calling him Jordan before he’s even played a down? Wow!

Co-signed

Rise

Liked Posts:
How about Thibs?? Miss that man here - y'all are back to those mid 90s Knicks teams again - fucking awesome.

And the Caleb hype is out of control. It's not consensus that he's even better than Maye. I'm a massive Fields fan but trading back to 2 with the proposed trade and getting Maye would be the far superior path if we're moving on from Justin.

Its consensus.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Taking Drake Maye over MHJ?

IMG_7620.jpeg

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Imagine picking MHJ at 3 after picking up 2 2025 firsts and a couple seconds...