Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lightweights.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is kind of bizarre. He, TheRivalry and other Packer guys were on this site on Monday night with a few pages of commentary. It's bizarre and I don't understand it.

Why would a Packers fan - on the night of (and during) the game - spend time on a Chicago Bears forum discussing a game between the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons? It's weird.

The Blackhawks are playing the Boston Bruins tonite. I won't spend my time discussing it on a St Louis Blues website.

I can't speak for the other Packer fans but I've been on this (and all of the various CBMB boards) for 15 years because I lived in Chicago. My friends and co-workers were Bears fans so I followed the Bears. I enjoy following the Bears. It's interesting.

To answer your question about the game, I'm at this board, I follow this board. There was an IGT for the Packer game. Is that hard to figure out?

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
This is why people are annoyed by Packers fans. What does any of that have to do with anything?

And besides, there are no rankings in the NFL - this isn't college. Although the silly antics and complete focus of the entire lives of the residents on a football team suggest that Green Bay, WI is effectively a college town - except without that whole education thing. Is it possible for a city to be a 'college town' but the majority of residents only possess a G.E.D.?
was on CBMB . Joined in 03 if I remember correctly. I realize it's foreign to bear nation, but when your team is RANKED #1 by a majority of NFL analysts there is a certain degree of euphoria that manifests itself in excessive celebration, particularly amongst a small percentage of those fans in attendance. I suppose the opposite could be true as well. A team sucking or underachieving would see an increase in frustrated fans overindulging and/or ending up arrested at games.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
was on CBMB . Joined in 03 if I remember correctly. I realize it's foreign to bear nation, but when your team is RANKED #1 by a majority of NFL analysts there is a certain degree of euphoria that manifests itself in excessive celebration, particularly amongst a small percentage of those fans in attendance. I suppose the opposite could be true as well. A team sucking or underachieving would see an increase in frustrated fans overindulging and/or ending up arrested at games.

These guys aren't passing out in a bathroom because their team is winning or losing. They're doing it because they are losers.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I can't speak for the other Packer fans but I've been on this (and all of the various CBMB boards) for 15 years because I lived in Chicago. My friends and co-workers were Bears fans so I followed the Bears. I enjoy following the Bears. It's interesting.

To answer your question about the game, I'm at this board, I follow this board. There was an IGT for the Packer game. Is that hard to figure out?

Yes it is. Because this is a Chicago Bears forum. You were spending time discussing a game between two teams that weren't the Chicago Bears - on a Chicago Bears forum - when you aren't a Chicago Bears fan. That doesn't strike you as odd?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

This isn't college. There are no rankings.

We get it - your team is good. Good for you. I realize, as a Packers fan, it's all you have in life. We have many other wonderful things to define our lives besides green and gold hamburger buns. Can you guys see that it's fucking creepy?

Again, you guys remind me of those creepy college town zombies. Shouldn't you be running around saying War Eagle or some shit?

You guys are silly. You think you are 'owners' or 'shareholders' of the team because of a silly piece of paper. You think that you somehow have something to do with the Packers that play on the field. You don't. You are fans of a team. That's it.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it is. Because this is a Chicago Bears forum. You were spending time discussing a game between two teams that weren't the Chicago Bears - on a Chicago Bears forum - when you aren't a Chicago Bears fan. That doesn't strike you as odd?

It doesn't strike me as odd because I'm here every day. It's where I go. If a Ray Rice or AP switch conversation pops up I discuss it here. I don't go to a Packer forum to discuss it with other Packer fans. If a Packer game or a Houston Texans game is a topic I discuss it here. What don't you understand?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It doesn't strike me as odd because I'm here every day. It's where I go. If a Ray Rice or AP switch conversation pops up I discuss it here. I don't go to a Packer forum to discuss it with other Packer fans. If a Packer game or a Houston Texans game is a topic I discuss it here. What don't you understand?

I don't understand why a Packer fan spends time on a Bears forum.

If I'm really into restoring classic muscle cars, why would I spend time on a forum discussing pruning bonzai trees?

Notso

Liked Posts:

If I'm really into restoring classic muscle cars, why would I spend time on a forum discussing pruning bonzai trees?

Some of us enjoy talking football in general. And sadly, many of the posters on the Packer fan forums that I've visited are of the "Hur-hur-hur... Bears suck" or "Hur-hur-hur... Minnesota bridge collapsed" mentality. Real winners. When I joined up here there didn't seem to be a lot of that sophomoric nonsense. Maybe you were absent that day.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Some of us enjoy talking football in general. And sadly, many of the posters on the Packer fan forums that I've visited are of the "Hur-hur-hur... Bears suck" or "Hur-hur-hur... Minnesota bridge collapsed" mentality. Real winners. When I joined up here there didn't seem to be a lot of that sophomoric nonsense. Maybe you were absent that day.

But the chats aren't about football in general. PackerFan just says whatever. There was another kid who was a douchebag and 'TheRivalry' feels the need to remind us about the '#1 Ranking' and other stuff. We get it. The Packers are good at football. Wonderful. Other teams are good too. Glad to know it.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Back to the topic at hand.

The article really is a cautionary tale about how, at the end of the day, it really is fucking stupid to go to a professional football game.

I go to one or two Bears home games a year and perhaps one Chargers game when I'm in San Diego for work.

I get excited to go the Bears games, but after I get home, I'm like 'well, that kinda sucked'. I was inconvenienced, cold and uncomfortable, took 20 minutes to take a piss, dumped $400 and had to deal with fat drunk dipshits for 4 hours.

There's a reason that 4K Curved TVs exist.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your analogy is stupid. Those two have nothing to do with each other. I worked in Chicago for 12 years and I love football. That equals following the Chicago Bears. I can hate them and still talk about them and follow them which I have closely for 15 years.

Regardless of that perfectly decent reason, I don't like the Packer board. They bitch about the Packers, good or bad. I'd rather hear about and discuss the Bears problems. I talk about the Packers with my family and friends.

This is the board I go to. So unrelated Bears football topics that come up, I discuss them here.

I've met a few Bears fans from the boards. Stayed at their houses, they've stayed at mine. In my world people are people regardless of how they are raised or became a fan. Football is football. But hey, if you want to stick with your Beardom and proclaim that all Packer fans are a bunch of fat, uneducated, drunks, knock your socks off. I personally won't argue the drunk part.

Understand yet or do I have to explain to you again? I follow the Bears. It's become a habit. Sorry if you can't comprehend.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats wrong with getting hammered and passin out on the shitter? I thought everyones done this

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats wrong with getting hammered and passin out on the shitter? I thought everyones done this

It's rude to do that at a football game. There are lines. Otherwise sure.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Na. I've never passed out on the can. I've gotten hammered, but I've never passed out.

If you pass out, or fall down, then you're not doing it right. Who can afford to injury themselves? You've either miscalculated your own limit, or have been unable to consciously restrict your own intact... where the beer is wearing the trousers. Both are total failures. Seek immediate professional attention.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Na. I've never passed out on the can. I've gotten hammered, but I've never passed out.

If you pass out, or fall down, then you're not doing it right. Who can afford to injury themselves? You've either miscalculated your own limit, or have been unable to consciously restrict your own intact... where the beer is wearing the trousers. Both are total failures. Seek immediate professional attention.

You don't know your limits until you push pass them.