Poll: Will the Bears have a better record than last season? (6-11)

Will the Bears be better than 6-11?

• Total voters

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Those same teams are eyeing us as a winnable game as well.

I'm sure they do, and I'm not arguing that. My point is that if we DO lose to those teams and have a losing record against this schedule we are an abysmal and historically bad football team. There is no excuse for being that bad. After letting a lot of guys walk, if Poles can't at the very least replace those guys with adequate enough players to win against our weak ass schedule then he should get some heat for it. Even he admits we don't need a full rebuild, just a slight remodeling job.

We have a solid core that in recent years has a winning record against the Lions (5-1), Giants (3-0), Falcons (1-0), Commanders (1-0), Texans (1-0) since 2019. That doesn't include the helpless Jets and mediocre Dolphins we haven't played since 2018. Even as a mediocre team, we were consistently beating these lower tier opponents. So, if we don't this year, its an indictment in itself

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No Hicks, no Goldman, no Robinson (who at least drew coverage), no Daniels, no Peterson................
should I go on?
Hicks has been a shell of himself the last 2 seasons, and that's when he's been healthy. Still a solid player but note how he hasn't been signed yet. Same for Goldman.

Daniels is fine. Not a great player. Patrick more or less replaces him.

Robinson was invisible last year. Not that Pringle is a better player but it'll be pretty easy for him to eclipse Robinson's 2021 performance this coming season if he's starting.

Other losses include Tashaun Gipson, Jason Peters, Damiere Byrd, Marquise Goodwin and others, all of which I believe are still unsigned.

Other than Mack (who was hurt for more than half the season), the bears haven't lost a piece that can't be fairly easily replaced. More of a concern is the lack of draft capital to keep up with other teams that are on a similar level roster wise. The jets, giants and lions all have 2 first round picks (for example), among others.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So the logic is if we don’t have a complete team ready to compete for a SB we are destined for 3-4 wins? There’s nothing in between? Lol

Would it make you happier that the team wins 5 games? Just accept that this season will suck.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No Hicks, no Goldman, no Robinson (who at least drew coverage), no Daniels, no Peterson................
should I go on?
Goldman was not good last year. And Hicks was not the same player as years past. Couple that with Mack being hurt and Robinson not having the same production... these were partly the reasons why they regressed to 6-11 last year.

You have a new coaching staff and GM and a QB going into his 2nd year. The 2nd year is where good QBs take a leap. With a roster maybe marginally worse than the 2nd half of last year (and even that is not fair to say as the draft is still pending), an improved QB and playcalling should make the team just as good if not better than last year. I don't know how you can disagree with that.

Forget rosters for a minute. Name a QB that started their career with consecutive bad W/L records and then ended up being a franchise QB? Carr on the Raiders who is a borderline franchise QB was 3-13 on the Raiders in his rookie season in 2014 and then 7-9 in 2015 and 12-4 in 2016. Don't tell me that that going into 2015 the Raiders had a good team around him. They were terrible.

How about a true HOF QB? In 1998, the Colts with Manning was 3-13. In 1999, they were 13-3. Go through what changed on their roster between his rookie season and 2nd season. The biggest thing was the QB going into the 2nd year and balling the fuck out.

A good QB elevates the team. If Fields doesn't do that the 2nd year, then that is the red flag. I am saying that IF Fields is that guy, and that is a big IF, the Bears will be lightyears better than their record last year. That's the history of the NFL.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldman was not good last year. And Hicks was not the same player as years past. Couple that with Mack being hurt and Robinson not having the same production... these were partly the reasons why they regressed to 6-11 last year.

You have a new coaching staff and GM and a QB going into his 2nd year. The 2nd year is where good QBs take a leap. With a roster maybe marginally worse than the 2nd half of last year (and even that is not fair to say as the draft is still pending), an improved QB and playcalling should make the team just as good if not better than last year. I don't know how you can disagree with that.

Forget rosters for a minute. Name a QB that started their career with consecutive bad W/L records and then ended up being a franchise QB? Carr on the Raiders who is a borderline franchise QB was 3-13 on the Raiders in his rookie season in 2014 and then 7-9 in 2015 and 12-4 in 2016. Don't tell me that that going into 2015 the Raiders had a good team around him. They were terrible.

How about a true HOF QB? In 1998, the Colts with Manning was 3-13. In 1999, they were 13-3. Go through what changed on their roster between his rookie season and 2nd season. The biggest thing was the QB going into the 2nd year and balling the fuck out.

A good QB elevates the team. If Fields doesn't do that the 2nd year, then that is the red flag. I am saying that IF Fields is that guy, and that is a big IF, the Bears will be lightyears better than their record last year. That's the history of the NFL.
Pointing out that some of the players the Bears have lost not having great years last year does not equate to the fact the Bears have upgraded or even maringally replaced them. Pointing out some of they had injuries fails to take into account this years roster will have injuries as well. The Bears O-line is a fucking mess. The secondary is trash except for Johnson, and god forbid if Quinn gets hurt (entirely possible) not to mention 0 O-line depth.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pointing out that some of the players the Bears have lost not having great years last year does not equate to the fact the Bears have upgraded or even maringally replaced them. Pointing out some of them had injuries fails to take into account this years roster will have injuries as well. The Bears O-line is a fucking mess. The secondary is trash except for Johnson, and god forbid if Quinn gets hurt (entirely possible) not to mention 0 O-line depth.
The Bears roster is not good. I agree.

My point though is IF a QB entering their 2nd year is to be a franchise QB, they have to put the team on their back and improve it. The 2nd year is where franchise level QBs show the most improvement. If Fields can't do that, there is a good chance he is not that player.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears roster is not good. I agree.

My point though is IF a QB entering their 2nd year is to be a franchise QB, they have to put the team on their back and improve it. The 2nd year is where franchise level QBs show the most improvement. If Fields can't do that, there is a good chance he is not that player.
That is assuming he makes it through the year healthy..........

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's in the Bears best interests to not have a winning year. If they do, it's most likely because of fluke health situations and extremely lucky breaks. This team needs a massive infusion of impact players. Johnson & Smith come close but that's about it unless Fields makes an exponential jump in production.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's in the Bears best interests to not have a winning year. If they do, it's most likely because of fluke health situations and extremely lucky breaks. This team needs a massive infusion of impact players. Johnson & Smith come close but that's about it unless Fields makes an exponential jump in production.

The Bears are at where the Lions were last year, and taking a very similar approach. Tear down year.
Nothing wrong with that. Not sure why some prefer 6-11 over 3-11, what's the point?

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears are at where the Lions were last year, and taking a very similar approach. Tear down year.
Nothing wrong with that. Not sure why some prefer 6-10 over 3-10, what's the point?

Well for one that would mean they didn't play a full 17game season, so they would be quitting like LeBron James did this year.

Poles needs to treat this like Logan's Run. No one over 30.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well for one that would mean they didn't play a full 17game season, so they would be quitting like LeBron James did this year.

Poles needs to treat this like Logan's Run. No one over 30.
oops, old habits.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'll take the over. I'm optimistic about the direction of the team and I have a feeling Poles is gonna build around Justin Fields with the draft. As long as that happens, I see no reason that Fields won't make a year 2 leap. He has all the tools to be a top 5 QB in this league. Getsy's offense should take a lot of pressure off of him, as the running game will actually be an emphasis for the first time in forever.

A retooled offense that works to Fields' strengths and a much easier schedule should definitely yield more wins compared to last year when Fields wasn't even ready vs like the toughest defensive schedule in the NFL.
Agree with you and the schedule has several realistic wins if they play hard which I think they will.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Hicks has been a shell of himself the last 2 seasons, and that's when he's been healthy. Still a solid player but note how he hasn't been signed yet. Same for Goldman.

Daniels is fine. Not a great player. Patrick more or less replaces him.

Robinson was invisible last year. Not that Pringle is a better player but it'll be pretty easy for him to eclipse Robinson's 2021 performance this coming season if he's starting.

Other losses include Tashaun Gipson, Jason Peters, Damiere Byrd, Marquise Goodwin and others, all of which I believe are still unsigned.

Other than Mack (who was hurt for more than half the season), the bears haven't lost a piece that can't be fairly easily replaced. More of a concern is the lack of draft capital to keep up with other teams that are on a similar level roster wise. The jets, giants and lions all have 2 first round picks (for example), among others.
All good points.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No considering they fired their best head coach since Lovie Smith and hired wannabe tough guy Matt Meathead in his place. It’s too early to make an ***OFFICIAL*** prediction but I’d be shocked if they finished with more than three (3) wins this year and any future years where this outdated my way or the highway doofus is the head coach.