nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Newton was actually pretty good for them before he lost his damn mind
Speaking of Newton, anyone remember his start as a rookie? He came in week 1 and put up over 400 yards. I'm not saying Fields would do this, just pointing out that coming out and performing right away is well within the realm of possibility for guys who are "NFL ready" vs needing to sit and learn. I'd argue that Fields is the most ready out of all QBs in this class, except maybe Lawrence. And Fields is in a better position with the team around him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Just had some grass fed Ribeyes last night with a blueberry habanero sauce?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I was thinking about this, and I feel like Justin Fields is a correction to the mistakes they made when they drafted Mitch Trubisky.

If not for making that mistake and the timing of how everything played out, we obviously could have ended up with a very different quarterback.

Considering all of that, it's pretty remarkable just how the stars have aligned for this particular point in time for us to end up with Justin Fields.

Especially when you consider it is the same regime that drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Maybe it's just that the football gods finally decided to throw us a bone....

Except it isn’t. If Nagy was the coach in 17 I’m pretty sure we don’t get Mitch.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right. If they had drafted Mahomes or Watson, they wouldn't have drafted Fields.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Speaking of Newton, anyone remember his start as a rookie? He came in week 1 and put up over 400 yards. I'm not saying Fields would do this, just pointing out that coming out and performing right away is well within the realm of possibility for guys who are "NFL ready" vs needing to sit and learn. I'd argue that Fields is the most ready out of all QBs in this class, except maybe Lawrence. And Fields is in a better position with the team around him.
Especially with Anthony Miller in a contract year, and Allen Robinson basically too. Lawrence has nothing like those two. Can't wait!

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Shit... Ponder this
It took Phil Emery & Marc Trestman to open the door for Pace & Fox and now Pace & Nagy to draft J. Fields

MIND IS FUCKIN BLOWN

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Newton was actually pretty good for them before he lost his damn mind
Pretty sure the point wasn't that Newton wasn't good, but moreso that it is a stupid point. Missing on a qb and wasting several years doesn't make getting the next one right any better

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I was thinking about this, and I feel like Justin Fields is a correction to the mistakes they made when they drafted Mitch Trubisky.

If not for making that mistake and the timing of how everything played out, we obviously could have ended up with a very different quarterback.

Considering all of that, it's pretty remarkable just how the stars have aligned for this particular point in time for us to end up with Justin Fields.

Especially when you consider it is the same regime that drafted Mitch Trubisky.

Maybe it's just that the football gods finally decided to throw us a bone....
I feel good about Fields thus far, course we haven't seen him play yet.

I know they're second choice was Mahomes and I'm sure that would've worked out in time, but he does seem to have those Nagy knee/leg injuries that keep popping up and I cant help but shake thinking Mahomes the last 4 years would look much like he did in the Superbowl last year....dinged up and taking a beating in most games.

I'm just glad Pace had zero interest in Watson, because if he got in that much trouble with the massage parlors in Houston, it would've been a nightmare in Chicago. And us Bears fans could be looking at a season of Tyrod Taylor right now.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Prime ribeye cap.

c3v5kg8r8nd01.jpg

Prettiest steak money can buy, imo. Best tasting too. That marbling tho.

Mitch trubisky was more like skirt steak. Ton of flavor and potential but easy to fuck up.

Shit....i gotta go to costco now.
Ribeye is probably my favorite, but I love a nice new York strip too. I was pretty stoked around Christmas I got whole roll ribeye and new York strip for $5.99/lb. A couple 15 lb slabs and cut a ton of steaks and a couple big chunks of prime rib for the holidays.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I read somewhere that not only did the scouts either want Watson or Mahomes, Nagy did as well but Pace was like "nah"
Well Nagy was on KC, so his voice didn't even compute in Pace's world yet. ;)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Prime ribeye cap.

c3v5kg8r8nd01.jpg

Prettiest steak money can buy, imo. Best tasting too. That marbling tho.

Mitch trubisky was more like skirt steak. Ton of flavor and potential but easy to fuck up.

Shit....i gotta go to costco now.
I was at Costco earlier they were 19.99 a pound is that pic old?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nm 2018 lol those steaks cost over 50 bucks for two of them now lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Field is actually the most ready other than maybe Jones in terms of Pro O and read concepts.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I read somewhere that not only did the scouts either want Watson or Mahomes, Nagy did as well but Pace was like "nah"
Nagy was not part of the Bears
Well Nagy was on KC, so his voice didn't even compute in Pace's world yet. ;)
It's fact Nagy was pushing for Mahomes in K.C. He was asked to scut him and he said of Mahomes. "A generational talent, do every thing to get him"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems folks are rewriting history again. Head scouts all in agreement. Fox seems really pissed.